2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 40 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the right place for a post like this, apologies if not and please feel free to delete, but I wanted to share if possible.

Apparently Cam Edwards (the Norwalk RB) is starting to hear from Penn State and Cuse. I doubt he has offers yet, if the contact itself even true. He doesn’t even have a profile on any of the major recruiting sites. But there’s no doubt he’s played like someone with D-I potential so far this season. Would love to see UConn involved on a kid from my hometown.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the right place for a post like this, apologies if not and please feel free to delete, but I wanted to share if possible.

Apparently Cam Edwards (the Norwalk RB) is starting to hear from Penn State and Cuse. I doubt he has offers yet, if the contact itself even true. He doesn’t even have a profile on any of the major recruiting sites. But there’s no doubt he’s played like someone with D-I potential so far this season. Would love to see UConn involved on a kid from my hometown.
He’s is clearly on UConn’s radar. Mike Z and Jarred Horton are following him on Twitter (and vice versa) and he is following essentially the rest of the staff (Lou Spanos Kyle Weiss, Aaron Smith, Dennis Dottin-Carter, Mike Moyseenko, Corey Edsall, Jack Petarca and Shaun Cook).

Reaction Score

Anyone know if "Damien Glasper" mentioned is any relation to former Southington High star Ryan Glasper? (name jogged a memory from my sons's playing days as Blue Knights)

Reaction Score
Good luck, Donovan. I hope you'll succeed in life! No hard feelings from me, but hope you'll keep UConn in mind...
Echoing these remarks & I hope that Corey Edsall is staying in touch with these decommits as preparation for recruiting by UConn's future head coach.

Reaction Score
Winter Garden Florida DL Reggie Jean (Donovan Branch’s teammate):

Reaction Score
Winter Garden Florida DL Reggie Jean (Donovan Branch’s teammate):

Have to think this is just the start.

It will be critical to this recruiting cycle (both HS and Transfer Portal) to get a new HC in as quickly as possible once the season ends in order for the new staff to hit the recruiting trail ASAP.

Reaction Score

It will be critical to this recruiting cycle (both HS and Transfer Portal) to get a new HC in as quickly as possible once the season ends in order for the new staff to hit the recruiting trail ASAP.
Because UConn didn’t play football in 2020, the current number of freshmen on the roster is abnormally high, although most of the 2021 recruits will redshirt and be redshirt freshmen next year. With few players finishing their eligibility this year and the large number of young players on the roster, the 2022 class was not expected to be large. A new coach may want to utilize the transfer portal more and he and his staff may already have connections with both HS and college players, so the decommits are understandable.

Reaction Score

Technically, we don’t need to wait until after the season to announce change.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What are we thinking 50% of current commits go somewhere else? Higher, lower than 50%?

Reaction Score
Higher. Some may come back but only ones who stay at this point are those that have nothing better. Why would u stay knowing nothing about staff or scheme?

Reaction Score
Some who loved the school (not just bonded with the coaches) will wait until we name a new coach early December and determine if he would be in the new coach’s plans. If not, hello portal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom