2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 34 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
New Canaan High > OL David Siegel held a UConn offer in 2021 prior to reclassifying into a PG year @ Hun School in New Jersey. His recruitment blew up once he landed in NJ:

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I've read on this board that Randy doesn't recruit CT kids, which I find very hard to believe. Or, is it that CT kids don't want to stay in CT, so he is forced to look elsewhere. Most kids that get recruited by P5 leave the state.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've read on this board that Randy doesn't recruit CT kids, which I find very hard to believe. Or, is it that CT kids don't want to stay in CT, so he is forced to look elsewhere. Most kids that gets recruited by P5 leave the state.
Just my $.02…

It’s a fallacy… there are probably a dozen plus kids on the current UConn roster alone. You can flip through all the individual recruiting class offer/commit threads on here to see the number of CT kids offered by UConn over the recent years. They’ll never fill a roster concentrating on just CT kids. There is always an in-state Coach that has a “can’t miss kid” that UConn doesn’t show interest in that perpetuates the “UConn doesn’t recruit CT kids” narrative.

I’d agree that the P5 pull has been significant since that designation became a thing…

Reaction Score
Connecticut kids have played what ... two games or 4? You have to believe this has effected the scholarship offers at this point in contrast to Florida. Formerly productive ... PA then NY then MA ... are at same levels.

This is the year to harvest pure athletes from CT and MA and LI /upstate NY. Walk on talent could be at the most measurable ... and I opine - NOT that different in quantity as 15 years ago. I bet we can find 5 gems.

Reaction Score
Have you seen any indication the ratings services will recognize transfers in any way? Either as a positive or negative for each team?

247 has a transfer portal tracker that they go as far as assigning transfer ratings to some players, but I don’t think they have any impact on the yearly recruiting class ranking though.

Reaction Score
Looking good thought Brinson would be higher 5.3 looks like a 3star on tape but keep going LBs coming soon I hope great job staff doing

Reaction Score
I wonder if BC is just about done with recruiting for this year. They currently have 22 commits and last year, they had 26 commits plus 6 transfers so the numbers must be tight for the 2022 recruiting class. Could some good New England kids be available for UConn?

Reaction Score

What I did really doesn't mean anything but I wanted to see how P5 schools shaped up vs UConn in terms of average Rivals rating. Took UConn's rating of 2.38 +/- 0.25 and here are the results:

Illinois: 2.62
Syracuse: 2.57
Duke: 2.45
Vandy: 2.43
WSU: 2.43
UConn: 2.38
Pitt: 2.36
KSU: 2.22

Again, doesn't mean much at this stage, but just seems to reinforce that in this year's class we are recruiting at a lower P5 level vs FCS level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom