2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Moving the goal posts? No one who left in 2019 and the spring of 2020 had any idea there would be no 2020 season. This is all about the position some took around here that not playing in 2020 would lead to player exodus and said it would impair recruiting going forward.

A lot of casual fans out there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Give it a rest…
Chief will but the staff won’t. The days of if he doesn’t want to be here, we don’t want him - are over. The staff is going full out to convince people - they want to be here. It is now the place to be. Full pedal to the metal.

Reaction Score
Moving the goal posts? No one who left in 2019 and the spring of 2020 had any idea there would be no 2020 season. This is all about the position some took around here that not playing in 2020 would lead to player exodus and said it would impair recruiting going forward.

A lot of casual fans out there.
It’s all good the way we are recruiting and failure actually created the opportunity that we have now have. But, selectively playing with the dates to not count 20 transfers is a silly recreation of history. What happened, happened and a plan is in place to capitalize on it. It’s all turned out good.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It’s all good the way we are recruiting and failure actually created the opportunity that we have now have. But, selectively playing with the dates to not count 20 transfers is a silly recreation of history. What happened, happened and a plan is in place to capitalize on it. It’s all turned out good.
Read this now because I know your a protected citizen on the board who gets special treatment (ie posts challenging you are routinely deleted). You attacked this program last fall and said not playing would lead to transfers and recruiting challenges going forward. Just like the 11:11 game thing you were wrong. I didn't really care about your faux insider miss on this subject until you jumped in here a couple days ago with total nonsense trying to attribute Randy's recent recruiting success to learning from the MBB program and vainly suggesting you had influenced the matter.

All that Randy is doing is following the plan he had is place since the beginning. Yes the plan stumbled when his first two coordinators didn't work out. But now he has staff continuity and collectively they have improved at the process on their own.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ahh, yep I knew we had this conversation once before. Back on 9/30/20 a certain someone said "just about everyone wants out" and then what, three more guys left after that moment....well short of anything close to "everyone" by any stretch of the imagination. And I know one of those three was basically an academic casualty...barely attended classes that semester.

Yep, some said the sky is falling....and it wasn't.

Some casual fan 9/30/20: "Just about everyone wants out."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ahh, yep I knew we had this conversation once before. Back on 9/30/20 a certain someone said "just about everyone wants out" and then what, three more guys left after that moment....well short of anything close to "everyone" by any stretch of the imagination. And I know one of those three was basically an academic casualty...barely attended classes that semester.

Yep, some said the sky is falling....and it wasn't.

Boom - Article about the 20 who left after 2019 season and I see you distorted my comments about the pandemic. I did not say guys would transfer, I said guys wanted out which was the sentiment from actual conversations. I said “some, of course don’t have other options”. And we “just had 20 guys transfer out”. So you were very deceptive in your false categorization. I said then what I am saying now.
Guys stayed for a whole lot of practical reasons despite their sentiment - after the drain of 20 players - there was playing time available at many positions, some were advancing along in their majors and others had family or friendships etc.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Boom - Article about the 20 who left after 2019 season and I see you distorted my comments about the pandemic. I did not say guys would transfer, I said guys wanted out which was the sentiment from actually conversations - guys stayed for a whole lot of practical reasons despite their sentiment - after the drain of players - there was playing time available at many positions, some were advancing along in their majors and others had family or friendships etc.
2019 has nothing to do with anything. In 2019 I don't recall you being upset about Randy letting his Diaco kids go. The roster turnover was needed. You were sour on this program last fall, that is clear in the transfer thread linked above.

Boom - your faux insider call about roster turmoil last fall was wrong. Tough being causal, someday you'll get it buddy!

Pop quiz, of all the 2018 and 2019 transfers, which ones actually hurt the program? Answer - Tyler Davis, Darrius Beavers and Keyion Dixon. All the other losses really didn't matter from a W-L standpoint.

Reaction Score
In the middle or a recruiting topic we need to dwell on those who have left? Please give it a rest.

Reaction Score
Largely WPOs and many kids for reasons were dropping down the depth chart seeking playing time at lower levels of comp. People are getting bent over the Mason Donaldsons and Noel Brouses that were on the team?

Reaction Score
Reading through the last page or so of posts leads me to one conclusion - it must be the recruiting dead period. :eek:;)

Reaction Score
Boom - Article about the 20 who left after 2019 season and I see you distorted my comments about the pandemic. I did not say guys would transfer, I said guys wanted out which was the sentiment from actual conversations. I said “some, of course don’t have other options”. And we “just had 20 guys transfer out”. So you were very deceptive in your false categorization. I said then what I am saying now.
Guys stayed for a whole lot of practical reasons despite their sentiment - after the drain of 20 players - there was playing time available at many positions, some were advancing along in their majors and others had family or friendships etc.
My take- players from every school leave for a host of reasons that aren’t known to the public. When it’s self induced, teams don’t normally bury a kid in the media and just let it ride. What I also know is that some players leave, not because they’re sour on the program, but because they see the writing on the wall- Coaches deciding to move in a different direction and bring in their own players. Whether that is right, wrong, prudent or not is another debate- bottom line is coaches have the right to color their program as they see fit.

What I believe happened to the program a few years back was the perfect storm consisting of all of the aforementioned. Add that to many years of struggling caused many fans to paint the exodus with one broad stroke. Quite frankly it was easier to do that because of the exhaustion over losing rather then trying to lend credence to other more nuanced factors.

There wasn’t a pivot in recruiting at all. The message has always been the same from Randy- he needed time to rebuild this roster and he knew what states he wanted to target and what body types he needed. In addition, he was going to force continuity amongst the coaching staff and whoever had a different agenda other than Randy’s either left on their own, were jettisoned out or mutually parted ways. Again, we can argue the merits of that another day

Randy has things the way he wants them now and his stick-to-it-tiveness is paying dividends. As in life, when you consistently go at something you want, more often than not it begins to bear fruit. He got rid of whomever he thought he needed to and has one cohesive unit (with some outliers as is always the case). There is one central theme from coaches down to players. When you have 95 percent of your roster bought in those recruiting visits are much more exciting for the recruits because the current players aren’t bashing the program or emitting lukewarm vibes that give families pause.

That’s the big change my friend. Not some pivot strategy that’s being referenced.

Good day gents!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom