2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 35 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
@Exit 4 - what did you have for numbers?
I think we have ten true seniors this fall. And the crop of redshirt juniors is a little thinner than prior years. It’s really a question of whether or not UConn plans to go above the 85 man cap by taking advantage of the extra year granted to all COVId era kids. I think we can pretty much expect all 10 seniors to move on and so how many spaces are created by graduating juniors who are not retained and then the usuals handful of outright transfers, dropouts, etc. My guess is a class of 20 to 22, comprised of the ten senior seats, perhaps three graduating red shirt juniors, perhaps three regular transfers/exits and perhap they do decide to go 4 to 6 over the limit. It’s a good question for the media to ask.

Reaction Score
I think we have ten true seniors this fall. And the crop of redshirt juniors is a little thinner than prior years. It’s really a question of whether or not UConn plans to go above the 85 man cap by taking advantage of the extra year granted to all COVId era kids. I think we can pretty much expect all 10 seniors to move on and so how many spaces are created by graduating juniors who are not retained and then the usuals handful of outright transfers, dropouts, etc. My guess is a class of 20 to 22, comprised of the ten senior seats, perhaps three graduating red shirt juniors, perhaps three regular transfers/exits and perhap they do decide to go 4 to 6 over the limit. It’s a good question for the media to ask.
@Hoophound ballpark.

Reaction Score
Now that you've outlined what they should do, we can expect an article within 72 hours, or 20 minutes..........

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Now that you've outlined what they should do, we can expect an article within 72 hours, or 20 minutes..........
Ha- I wouldn’t hold my breath

Reaction Score
Idris retweeted this recently. Maybe holding out for additional P5 offers?

008.jpg

Reaction Score
MAYBE ... it is time to say this. We will have a running back in this class; and it is not obvious - from the list of offerings letters - who we have targeted. Plus maybe a few linebacker prototypes. We got our QB early ... and that is always a good start to the class

Reaction Score
247 has now assigned ratings to Donovan Branch and Reggie Jean. There are still 5 commits without a ranking and also missing 3 commitments.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 095559.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Idris retweeted this recently. Maybe holding out for additional P5 offers?

Yeah, he would be a nice piece to add at perhaps star LB (believe he is now 6'1'' rather than 5'11). Good sniping tackler, particularly at run support while playing off the LOS. Seems like we got very close here, but he's going to hold out and keep looking. At this point I don't have any reason why things changed after the OV and I wouldn't mind if he comes back to us. With Randy, every recruit is different, but it maybe that the draw bridge has come back up here, he doesn't always let recruits string it out. We don't have a lot of seats.

Reaction Score
You are at the point that you might just have a half dozen guys you like ... and say, you want to see their first 2-3 high school or prep games. We often have just scooped in on regional kids who shown with the growth of the extra year.

Reaction Score
This morning Brian Dohn at 247 put up a forecast for Rosa to UConn countering his fellow 247 BC reporter who has him going to BC. Dohn has a 90%+ accuracy with his forecasts.

Rosa to UConn would be huge. Come join the same campus as your four star BB teammate Clingan.

BC Eagle Insider writer has now converted:

Reaction Score
Based on internet searching he seems to be very similar to Donald Brown coming out off high school. Is that a reasonable comparison? I hope he comes here.
If memory serves me correctly, Donald was a RB in high school and the bigger schools wanted him to switch to DB. UConn gave him a shot at RB. Rosa is a dual threat QB who knows that he will be playing a different position in college. Most are saying WR or CB, but with a few more pounds he may get a shot at RB.

Reaction Score
Anyone know how many unfilled spots we have in the recruiting class?

Reaction Score
Anyone know how many unfilled spots we have in the recruiting class?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom