2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 94 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Cool we can always use an athletic DB from Georgia, he has a pretty decent offer list, but no rating on 247 yet, but he will come in as one of our higher rated recruits in Rivals:

1642965424807.png

Reaction Score
I feel like doing a take off on Iverson's Practice rant by saying, "Pittsburg State"?" We talking Pittsburg State"?
Division II instead of the Huskies?
His offer was from the previous coaching staff… not sure he was being recruited by the new staff. Check out his offer progression.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Tennessee WR/DB Lee Molette was also on campus this weekend.
I think we have been trending up with Molette. Would be nice to grab more of these types athletes who can play on both sides of the ball.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Mora emphasizes he wants competitive types. Perhaps this explains how the recruiting of some of the visitors has gone cold after a visit. Not everyone in football loves football.

Reaction Score
Guess this isn't coming together as I had thought it might be.

Could Davis have taken the open DB spot? Recruiting is a lot less predictable with the transfer portal. We all used to look at needs based on the scholarship grid, but a needs can shift dramatically based on transfers in and out. I feel like it makes the recruiting of HS players more interesting. Is a coach less likely to take a gamble on a longer term prospect and just fill a need with a transfer.

Reaction Score
Could Davis have taken the open DB spot? Recruiting is a lot less predictable with the transfer portal. We all used to look at needs based on the scholarship grid, but a needs can shift dramatically based on transfers in and out. I feel like it makes the recruiting of HS players more interesting. Is a coach less likely to take a gamble on a longer term prospect and just fill a need with a transfer.
My thinking on the Davis front as well...

Reaction Score
We lost a recruiting battle against Central? This kid seemed like an athletic Tackle prospect. Certainly a developmental prospect but a good prospect none the less. Bummer.
Maybe they had the sell we use vs. P5, playing time.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We lost a recruiting battle against Central? This kid seemed like an athletic Tackle prospect. Certainly a developmental prospect but a good prospect none the less. Bummer.
Academics perhaps? We ran out of seats? Or he just had a big reason to choose CCSU.

Reaction Score
Academics perhaps? We ran out of seats? Or he just had a big reason to choose SCSU.
Hopefully it means we have at least one unannounced OT commitment. We certainly can use at least one more. Maybe we ran out of open slots on the line.

Reaction Score
Academics perhaps? We ran out of seats? Or he just had a big reason to choose CCSU.
I kind of think we ran out of seats. Look at the OL depth chart going into next year based on eligibility:

1 Grad
4 R-Jr (including Barboza)
3 R-So
1 So
3 R-Fr
2 Fr

I think Mora would prefer to bring in 1 or 2 more experienced OL with at least being a Grad transfer.

Reaction Score
They signed two HS kids on the O-Line and have two transfers coming in as well. My guess is that any additional O-Lineman in this class will be kept for transfer players, so once Murawski signed in the early signing period, Little likely lost a seat at the table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom