2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 92 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

For some reason I keep thinking/wishing we’re gonna see Reggie Jean pop back up…

Well, if this wasn't referencing Turner, I'm getting real wet. If it was about Turner, I'm still ecstatic.

Reaction Score
I was thinking this tweet was about Sokoya McDuffie. The DT transfer from Old Dominion.
I think it was Hilliard who mentioned a recruit from Florida so I think Turner was one of his tweets

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was thinking this tweet was about Sokoya McDuffie. The DT transfer from Old Dominion.
I think it was Hilliard who mentioned a recruit from Florida so I think Turner was one of his tweets

McDuffie was a nice get. Turner is a helluva get. If it's referencing something better than Turner? Whoa nelly.

Reaction Score

Ronald Kent Jr is a DB from Harrisburg PA attending Western Carolina University (Grad Transfer). 1 year eligibility remaining. Other offer from CMU.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Ronald Kent Jr is a DB from Harrisburg PA attending Western Carolina University (Grad Transfer). 1 year eligibility remaining. Other offer from CMU.

Kent saw action all four years including making 20 starts over the past two seasons (spring and fall'21). Can't discount this kind of playing time.

2021 (Junior*): Started all 11 games at cornerback … Recorded 38 tackles, tied for seventh on the squad, including 21 solo stops and 1.5 tackles for loss … Defended seven passes including six pass break-ups and his second career interception with an INT against Samford (Sept. 18) in the SoCon-opener, finishing with a season-high six tackles … Recovered a fumble at Gardner-Webb (Sept. 25) … Forced a fumble in the home win over Furman (Nov. 6) … Matched his season’s best with six tackles against ETSU (Nov. 13) … Named second-team All-Southern Conference by the SoCon Sports Media Association and was a third-team All-SoCon selection by Phil Steele.

2020-21 (Junior): Started all nine games in the defensive secondary … Finished fourth on the team with 47 total tackles in the season including 29 solo stops … Recorded four-or-more tackles in eight of the team’s nine games including a season-best seven at Furman (Feb. 20) … Defended three passes with a pair of pass break-ups and an interception … Forced a fumble at Eastern Kentucky (Nov. 21) … Tallied his first career interception at North Carolina (Dec. 5), returning it for a touchdown that was called back due to a penalty but was credited with a 24-yard return … Earned second-team All-Southern Conference honors at defensive back from the league’s head coaches.

2019 (Sophomore): Started 11 of the team’s 12 seasonal games, missing the season-finale at Alabama (Nov. 23) … Finished the year with 32 total tackles including 20 solo stops and half a tackle for loss … Led the team with seven pass break-ups, twice posting two in a game against North Greenville (Sept. 14) and ETSU (Nov. 9) … Posted a season-high five tackles including half a tackle for loss at home against Furman (Oct. 26) … Recovered a fumble at VMI (Nov. 2) … Selected preseason first-team All-Southern Conference at DB at the annual SoCon Football Media Day … Named preseason first-team All-SoCon by Phil Steele.

2018 (Freshman): Played in all 11 of the team’s games, making seven starts in the defensive secondary … Finished sixth on the team with 45 total tackles including 31 solo stops and five tackles for loss while also being credited with forcing a fumble … Ranked second in the Southern Conference with a team-best 12 pass break-ups – a mark that ranked the rookie tied for sixth in WCU’s single-season record books ... It was the first time a Catamount defender hit double-digit passes defended since Trey Morgan recorded 10 back in 2016 … Kent’s 12 PBUs are the most by a Catamount since Ahmed Green had 12 back in 2002 … Tallied three pass break-ups in three different games … Made his collegiate debut in the season-opener against Newberry (Sept. 1), recording four tackles … Made his first career start against VMI (Sept. 22), posting six total stops with three PBUs … Posted a career-high nine tackles in the triple-overtime thriller against nationally-ranked ETSU (Oct. 27) … Graced the watch list as a semifinalist for the Jerry Rice Award which is given annually by STATS FCS to the top freshman player … Named to the Southern Conference All-Freshman team defense by the league’s head coaches … Tagged a Freshman All-America selection by both Phil Steele and HERO Sports.

Reaction Score

Sounds like he'd be a great pickup if the Coaches see a good fit. Need a guy like this and a stud LB to fill this out.

Reaction Score
Well, if this wasn't referencing Turner, I'm getting real wet. If it was about Turner, I'm still ecstatic.
My apologies if this was discussed somewhere on here before, but I finally got to listen to the Aaron Torres podcast where he interviewed Mora the other day and JM said he received commitments from 2 portal kids last night, but he could not reveal from who yet. Since then we got confirmation on Sokoya McDuffie, but nobody else unless he was referring to Taquan Roberson's official announcement that came out Monday. But if not we potentially have another portal commit we haven't heard about yet.
uconn GIF by SB Nation

Reaction Score
My apologies if this was discussed somewhere on here before, but I finally got to listen to the Aaron Torres podcast where he interviewed Mora the other day and JM said he received commitments from 2 portal kids last night, but he could not reveal from who yet. Since then we got confirmation on Sokoya McDuffie, but nobody else unless he was referring to Taquan Roberson's official announcement that came out Monday. But if not we potentially have another portal commit we haven't heard about yet.
I think the timing was Barboza and Zozus.

Reaction Score
uconn GIF by SB Nation
That Torres interview was done last Thursday the 13th so the two portal guys are most likely Zozus and Barbosa. No word on the potential guy from LA that he was scheduled to have breakfast with that day.

Reaction Score
I think the timing was Barboza and Zozus.

Mora referenced Six Transfer Portal visits on that podcast. If Barboza & Zosus are two ... you have four unaccountable. Because Ugo + Turner are something else as Juco & 2022. So we have some mysteries

NOTE: McDuffie of course needs to be included

Reaction Score
That Torres interview was done last Thursday the 13th so the two portal guys are most likely Zozus and Barbosa. No word on the potential guy from LA that he was scheduled to have breakfast with that day.
Yeah, I was wondering about that too, maybe that OL he recruited to UCLA who ended up at Colorado.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom