2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 91 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With Uguak leaving I believe we have five roster spots left and that’s assuming Prince Samuels is fully on board.

I’m thinking the five are filled as;
  • HS QB
  • Portal LB (not much public smoke here, but they are working on it)
  • Portal OL (hopefully a true OT or C)
  • JUCO/Portal CB
  • wildcard for the best remaining athlete

I think I was mistake about a one year lift of the 85 man cap, it appears that rule change wasn’t implemented - only the convoluted one year expansion to a 32 man class size.

Would love to see local Cam Edwards take that last spot as a DB.

Reaction Score
With Uguak leaving I believe we have five roster spots left and that’s assuming Prince Samuels is fully on board.

I’m thinking the five are filled as;
  • HS QB
  • Portal LB (not much public smoke here, but they are working on it)
  • Portal OL (hopefully a true OT or C)
  • JUCO/Portal CB
  • wildcard for the best remaining athlete

I think I was mistake about a one year lift of the 85 man cap, it appears that rule change wasn’t implemented - only the convoluted one year expansion to a 32 man class size.

Would love to see local Cam Edwards take that last spot as a DB.
Has anyone brought up the thought that Prince Samuels could be a PWO?

Reaction Score
Crazy how 247 keeps dropping our team ranking when they don't even list 7 of our commitments and they still have 5 that are unrated. And Rivals doesn't give us a team ranking at all. SMH

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Crazy how 247 keeps dropping our team ranking when they don't even list 7 of our commitments and they still have 5 that are unrated. And Rivals doesn't give us a team ranking at all. SMH
247 probably wants a service fee from the university to "cover" the school.... akin to those "best of the gold coast" business awards we have down here in lower CT.

We just have to win 5 or 6 games to make 247 look stupid. Game on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

How many of the TEs we signed and are recruiting will play TE and how many are future LBs and EDGE players? They can't possibly all be expecting to be TEs. Few teams ever even use a two TE set in the college game.

Reaction Score
Has anyone brought up the thought that Prince Samuels could be a PWO?
I guess anything’s possible till the NLI is signed, but the Jeff Jacobs’ article where PS talks about accepting UConn’s offer didn’t make it seem that way:

“The two spoke, they spoke a little more and, dang, if Mora didn’t make a scholarship offer right there.”
JI posted this article just a bit ago... Windsor two-sport athlete Prince Samuels eager to play college football

-> Samuels—a 6-foot-4, 215-pound senior who plays football and basketball at Windsor High—is excited to take an in-person visit to UConn later this month to meet with first-year football coach Jim Mora. He’s excited to make his commitment official soon after by signing a National Letter of Intent to play for the Huskies during the spring signing period that begins on February 2. <-

Reaction Score
How many of the TEs we signed and are recruiting will play TE and how many are future LBs and EDGE players? They can't possibly all be expecting to be TEs. Few teams ever even use a two TE set in the college game.
I read somewhere that our offense will resemble Utah's. The Utes did an amazing job with two TE sets this year.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that our offense will resemble Utah's. The Utes did an amazing job with two TE sets this year.
Multiple TE offenses are becoming more popular. Creates physical mismatches.
“The more you can do in 12 and the more multiple you can be—especially with a tight end that can block the D gap and a tight end that can run routes as a receiver—that’s dangerous.” from the USCe coach.
12 being an offense using 2 TEs. Lot of colleges are using more 2 tight end sets.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He mentioned the Rams as a good example of what he runs....I believe the use just one TE.

Charlton said, in a general sense, the NFL offense his tends to most resemble is that of the Rams.

Reaction Score
McVay still runs variations on his staple concepts: the outside zone run game, motion, both early and late, shifts, and using wide receivers and tight ends interchangeably as blockers and pass catchers. All unite to gain space, leverage numerical advantages, and create coverage mismatches.

Reaction Score
1642630251807.png

Those are some numbers we haven't seen in some time!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom