2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 57 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I think what happened is that UConn feels good in their WR room and anticipate a bunch of portal players. But why was he even invited to OV if you didn't want him to commit? Something does not add up
This. The WR room is young and talented and it looks like there are 10 scholarships already committed at WR for next year including Rosa. I think they may add one more from the portal and Brown was the odd man out with scholarships needed for other positions.

Reaction Score
This. The WR room is young and talented and it looks like there are 10 scholarships already committed at WR for next year including Rosa. I think they may add one more from the portal and Brown was the odd man out with scholarships needed for other positions.
correct. but if you even come close to anticipating this to be the case a conversation needed to be had before he trekked up to connecticut. i will defer judgement on mora until the full story comes out if it ever does.

Reaction Score
Maybe it was as simple as personality clash with coaches? Not everyone can get along or even tolerate everyone else. It happens. Oh well. Moving on to the next recruit.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
More from that guy..

This tweet sums up what happened and while it stinks for the kid, this is life now in the CFB recruiting world. Kids are going to get squeezed out for portal kids, especially with a new coaching staff. Don't know why they had him on an OV, but the fact that this guy mentioned that he was squeezed out because of the portal, says everything I need to know.

My guess is like someone else said, Mora and staff got good news they weren't expecting and maybe something came up on the OV and they decided to go a different direction. It stinks but kids decommit all the time. Should colleges stop recruiting these high schools because a kid decommitted from their school??

Reaction Score
We’ll neverk what happened as the college can’t discuss his situation until we sign him. And that won’t happen. Same as the first year of RE

Reaction Score
This tweet sums up what happened and while it stinks for the kid, this is life now in the CFB recruiting world. Kids are going to get squeezed out for portal kids, especially with a new coaching staff. Don't know why they had him on an OV, but the fact that this guy mentioned that he was squeezed out because of the portal, says everything I need to know.

My guess is like someone else said, Mora and staff got good news they weren't expecting and maybe something came up on the OV and they decided to go a different direction. It stinks but kids decommit all the time. Should colleges stop recruiting these high schools because a kid decommitted from their school??
There may be more to this story that meets they eye. Good luck to X

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Another idea, he was told he was welcome for the OV, but we weren't going to accept his commitment until a later date as we sort our WR roster (ie he is a back up should we have a rash of outbound WR transfers). Btw, for example- I know of an RB prospect from a couple recruiting classes ago who was told he was next on the UConn offer list if prospect X didn't sign.

He jumped the gun, probably to force the issue and boom we got this situation.

FWIW - he didn't use the same commitment graphic as the other two yesterday.

Reaction Score
He's one of the sketchy 7-7 coaches that ties themselves to top prospects to elevate his clout. These people are vultures.
This is good info. I still wonder if you're not better off just keeping the kid rather than pissing off a bunch of local coaches in situations like this.

Reaction Score
I trust new staff. We may never know what happened. I’m sure some local CT reporter will make mention of this on nightly news.

I guess the good news is we think we are loaded at WR position. Surprising having watched games, but again I’ll defer to big Jim.

Reaction Score
I trust new staff. We may never know what happened. I’m sure some local CT reporter will make mention of this on nightly news.

I guess the good news is we think we are loaded at WR position. Surprising having watched games, but again I’ll defer to big Jim.
Remember, the 2 top WRs were injured this year, Ross and Drayton.

Reaction Score
I didn’t forget. Do u recall ever seeing a CB back up ? They’ll help, a lot, but let’s be honest, our so- called weapons do not require specific game planning.

Reaction Score
This is good info. I still wonder if you're not better off just keeping the kid rather than pissing off a bunch of local coaches in situations like this.
Based on his social media, I doubt this guy is a reliable narrator. I'm sure if the kid got here and didn't see the field he'd have some sort of opinion too. You can't win in situations like this.

Reaction Score
I didn’t forget. Do u recall ever seeing a CB back up ? They’ll help, a lot, but let’s be honest, our so- called weapons do not require specific game planning.
You need a competent offensive scheme to judge. What we do know is here are the stats of the top 5 returning receivers:

2021:
Marion 28 receptions, 474 yards, 16.9 yds/catch, 5 TDs
Turner 33 receptions, 232 yards, 7.0 yds/catch, 0 TDs
Clercius 20 receptions, 260 yards, 13.0 yds/catch, 3 TDs

2019:
Ross 60 receptions, 723 yards. 12.0 yds/catch, 4 TDs
Drayton 21 receptions, 278 yards, 13.2 yds/catch, 2 TDs

I think that is a good nucleus of young receivers.

Reaction Score
He's one of the sketchy 7-7 coaches that ties themselves to top prospects to elevate his clout. These people are vultures.
He's also charging prospects to do tape evaluation and "consult". His business is to pump up the kids, post all over the place and try to troll for clout to get more money in. That particular post is now buried down his feed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom