OT: - 2022 NBA Playoffs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: 2022 NBA Playoffs

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That was an exciting game 5 in Celtics/Bucks.

Holiday takes a lot of bad shots in the first three and a half quarters, but he is a clutch player on both ends. I don’t get why Budenholzer doesn’t play Lopez more, especially because Grayson Allen kind of sucks. Allen is good at lighting up bad teams, but he doesn't contribute much against a team of Boston's caliber. Lopez at least forces Boston to adjust.

Horford has been playing great for the Celtics, and does not get the ball enough. Smart getting stuff is getting most of the airplay, but not being able to corral the rebound that ended up in Portis' hands for the go ahead putback on Giannis' free throw miss was actually a bigger play. Smart had the ball, and it just squirted out of his hands like it was covered in vegetable oil.
Scott Foster on the referee list for tonight's Celtics - Bucks. Hard to overcome that. I don't know how he gets NBA playoff games, he'd be bad as a HS ref. Maybe if Rob Williams plays Boston has a chance, not having him was the difference in game 5.

Reaction Score
Scott Foster on the referee list for tonight's Celtics - Bucks. Hard to overcome that. I don't know how he gets NBA playoff games, he'd be bad as a HS ref. Maybe if Rob Williams plays Boston has a chance, not having him was the difference in game 5.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Celtics got the series. Bucks are on fumes and don’t have a dependable second scorer without Middleton.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Grayson Allen is nothing more than a garbage time NBA player. He sucks on both ends.
I have no idea why he’s playing over Connaughton who is a better overall player.

Celtics may go to the finals, but they have to upgrade from Theis to somebody who can handle Giannis and Bam. Williams going down really exposes that. Not sure Kornet can become that rim protector they need.

Reaction Score
CP3 and Booker talked a lot of stuff about Luka after game 2, not a wise move. Patrick Beverley knew.

'Luka Was Cooking Me!': Patrick Beverley Believes in Mavs Ahead of Game 7 | Sports Illustrated Dallas Mavericks News, Analysis and More

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Embarrassing stuff from PHX, media was ready to hand CP3 a ring after Game 2 and he's gone missing since then.

Father Time is undefeated. Welcome to middle age, CP3.

Budenholzer may be the worst coach to win an NBA Championship since Paul Westhead. Vogel and Doc Rivers are the only two in the conversation, and I would definitely want Doc Rivers over Budenholzer in a 7 game series. I have to think about Vogel.

Reaction Score
Warriors will treat Luka like they've done Bron and Harden in the past and let him eat and try to shut down everyone else. Steph and Klay are gonna have to shoot much better than they did vs the Grizzlies in this series.

Reaction Score
Father Time is undefeated. Welcome to middle age, CP3.

Budenholzer may be the worst coach to win an NBA Championship since Paul Westhead. Vogel and Doc Rivers are the only two in the conversation, and I would definitely want Doc Rivers over Budenholzer in a 7 game series. I have to think about Vogel.
Father time basically came through the door the day he turned 37, never seen someone turn old overnight like this before.

Reaction Score
Father time basically came through the door the day he turned 37, never seen someone turn old overnight like this before.

It was Kidd's adjustments, not CP3's birthday. Targeting him on defense and making him work on that end of the floor and making him the focus of DAL's defensive gameplan.

I don't know if Kidd has made leaps and bounds as a coach or if DAL's entire staff is that good but Kidd has really had a nice playoff run.

Reaction Score
I'll preface this by saying this may sound dumb, but really feels like Dallas is just the most make shots/miss shots team we've seen in a while. Obviously Luka is Luka, but the games against the suns where they didn't make a shitload of threes, they got blown out. Is this a luck runs out eventually situation or am I missing something? I DO love the fact that they have 3 guys who can theoretically create, but what do they do once DFS and Kleber start bricking shots?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Predictions for the conference finals?

Boston in 6 (because if it's 7, I think the Heat prevail).
Warriors in 7. Going with the team that has home court and more options. Dallas too reliant on Doncic.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Celtics got bit by the injury bug.

Where do the Heat find players like Strus, Dedmon, Martin,, and Vincent? The Heat are the favorite to win the Eastern Conference Finals with 4 undrafted free agents in their 8/9 player rotation, whereas the Knicks have had lottery picks for years and they still suck.

Reaction Score
Celtics got bit by the injury bug.

Where do the Heat find players like Strus, Dedmon, Martin,, and Vincent? The Heat are the favorite to win the Eastern Conference Finals with 4 undrafted free agents in their 8/9 player rotation, whereas the Knicks have had lottery picks for years and they still suck.
hell, they ever have Robinson, who they shaped into a guy they paid 90 mill to and now won't play him. the term Heat culture is definitely annoying, but it's tough to argue that it's not a real thing.

Reaction Score
hell, they ever have Robinson, who they shaped into a guy they paid 90 mill to and now won't play him. the term Heat culture is definitely annoying, but it's tough to argue that it's not a real thing.
It may be annoying to some, but it's real, and comes from the top down. The biggest thing to me is the physical conditioning they demand from their players. I am convinced it makes these undrafted and G league guys into better players who end up contributing big time.

Reaction Score
Between the Thibs era and the meniscus injury that he came back early from during his TWolves stint I figured Jimmy Butler would be ground to dust by now. He's in the running for best player in the playoffs, impressive run so far for him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Celtics imposed their will last night in a dominating performance. Let's see what happens in game 3. Some are discovering what I already knew, Payton Pritchard can play. No, he can't be the main defender on Jimmy Butler, but he's a really good shooter and is quick with the ball.

Reaction Score
Celtics imposed their will last night in a dominating performance. Let's see what happens in game 3. Some are discovering what I already knew, Payton Pritchard can play. No, he can't be the main defender on Jimmy Butler, but he's a really good shooter and is quick with the ball.
Heat are gonna get cooked with Boston at full strength unless they make some major adjustments.

Granted, Celts likely can’t sustain 50% shooting from 3, but they don’t need to do that to win the next 3 games outright.

Reaction Score
Heat are gonna get cooked with Boston at full strength unless they make some major adjustments.

Granted, Celts likely can’t sustain 50% shooting from 3, but they don’t need to do that to win the next 3 games outright.
There's really only one quarter that the Heat looked good, and that was without Smart and Horford.

Boston has dudes who can create and dudes who can shoot. I really only trust Tatum to (almost) always show up, but Brown and Smart are very good, and their role players are much better than the Heat. Without a healthy Lowry, Heat are forced into really difficult choices because they have small dudes who can shoot but can't defend or good defenders who can't shoot. And if Bam is going to be passive, it's a wrap.

Reaction Score
There’s no reason to start Klay over Poole at this point. I really don’t get what Kerr is doing there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom