OT: - 2022 NBA Playoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 2022 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
I am definitely a prisoner of the moment but I am blown away by how good Edwards is. I didn't watch much Wolves all year and it has me thinking his ceiling is a top 5 player. Imagine how good he will be in 7 years, still in his physical prime at 27. Anyways, this game is great and I am extremely looking forward to the next one between Philly and Toronto.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I haven't seen Drummond play in a while. He should try the salad bar every now and then. What is it with big men eating their way out of NBA careers?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Celtics/Nets Game 1 was incredible, this series might be an all-timer and we're getting it round 1
Irving is a true star. Sometimes cant stand him off the court but he is as clutch as they come. And he was doing it all over the proclaimed DPOY Marcus Smart and sticking it again and again to the Celtics.

Durant underperformed big time . Apparently, Boston did not bow down to Durant and let him get to his spots . And there is something fundamentally wrong when a 6' 11" guy thinks he can dribble better than a guard. The dribble of a big man is always more risky with the ball having to bounce further and giving more time to be tipped away.

And if Claxton cant make his FT's, he will never see the end of the game again. Even Simmons could not look up.

Reaction Score
The new Warriors death lineup is insane, Kerr can't play it for 40 minutes but he needs to bust it out more than he has thru 2 games. Only 10 minutes played thru 6 quarters and they're a +28.

Reaction Score
The new Warriors death lineup is insane, Kerr can't play it for 40 minutes but he needs to bust it out more than he has thru 2 games. Only 10 minutes played thru 6 quarters and they're a +28.
I think they'll be excellent against most teams, but the Nuggets are really bad aside from Jokič, so I'm going to temper my expectations until I see that lineup decimate Memphis/Minnesota.

I hope MPJ and Murray are ready to go next year in addition to Kawhi. West is going to be brutal and fun next year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hope the "NBA sucks, all they do is shoot 3s" dusty & crusty boneyarders are watching the clinic Ingram and McCollum are putting in with midrange buckets. But we know that's not why y'all hate the NBA...
Because the great majority of NBA players whine and bitch after every call / non call ?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Irving is a true star. Sometimes cant stand him off the court but he is as clutch as they come. And he was doing it all over the proclaimed DPOY Marcus Smart and sticking it again and again to the Celtics.

Durant underperformed big time . Apparently, Boston did not bow down to Durant and let him get to his spots . And there is something fundamentally wrong when a 6' 11" guy thinks he can dribble better than a guard. The dribble of a big man is always more risky with the ball having to bounce further and giving more time to be tipped away.

And if Claxton cant make his FT's, he will never see the end of the game again. Even Simmons could not look up.
Irving did his Teddy Allen thing, hitting difficult deep contested 3s over and over. Let's see if he can do that again tomorrow. He's a great player, but I'm doubting it. Tatum's defense has gotten better, and he can limit Durant.

It was a fantastic game for the fans. I don't know what the hell the refs were doing. 2/3 of the game they called everything. Then the last quarter plus a bit of the 3rd, suddenly swallowed their whistles. Maybe trying to keep guys on the floor.

Reaction Score
Irving did his Teddy Allen thing, hitting difficult deep contested 3s over and over. Let's see if he can do that again tomorrow. He's a great player, but I'm doubting it. Tatum's defense has gotten better, and he can limit Durant.

It was a fantastic game for the fans. I don't know what the hell the refs were doing. 2/3 of the game they called everything. Then the last quarter plus a bit of the 3rd, suddenly swallowed their whistles. Maybe trying to keep guys on the floor.
Kyrie did his Kyrie thing, hitting tough shots with efficiency is what he does. If he's not going to be trapped, doubled, and blitzed to get the ball out of hands like he was the majority of game 1 dude is going to put up his numbers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
West:

Suns/Pelicans - Pelicans won this game because they played out of their butts, but the Suns are missing Booker and still look good. I think the Suns win this series even without Booker, and also have the Mavericks/Jazz series winner to get Booker back to 100%. I think they can beat either of those teams unless Doncic somehow gets back to 100%, in which case they will need Booker.

Grizzlies/Timberwolves - Wolves are fun to watch, but they are not good enough defensively to compete at this level. They are the third worst D-rating team left in the playoffs, but I don't think that does justice to how bad their defense is.

Mavericks/Jazz - Jazz missed their window to challenge for a title, and without Ingles, they should have been done in this series, but then Doncic got hurt. Doncic is regretting challenging that 1 game suspension, because the injury in the 82nd game of the season may cost the Mavericks any chance at a deep run unless they can get Doncic back to 100%.

Warriors/Nuggets - Nuggets are wasting the prime of the Joker's career with this lousy supporting cast. I feel bad for him, because the rest of the team sucks without Murray and Porter. Warriors should sweep, and might be the favorite in the West if Booker is hurt. It is not the mid-2010's Warriors, but they are still very good.

East:

Heat/Hawks - The Hawks used the excuse that they lost a lot of games to injury this season, but they honestly look like an 8 seed. They just aren't that good. Hawks needed tonight to have any chance at even making this series competitive. Spoelstra is a wizard and I like this Heat team.

Bucks/Bulls - Bucks need to A) stay healthy, and B) end this series as quickly as possible. Any window the Bucks have is closing so they need to make a run this year if they want another title. Donovan burned his season by playing his starters 34-35 minutes a game into late January. How did he think that was going to turn out after two straight short offseasons?

76ers/Raptors - Nick Nurse came up with wacky schemes for his strange lineups that got him a decent W/L record, but the talent disparity is glaring against a good 76ers team in the playoffs.

Nets/Celtics - Tatum is going to put up some big numbers because the Nets are atrocious defensively, but Durant is the best player on the court. This series is going to be awesome.

Reaction Score
What a win for New Orleans. Ingram was great. Bookers hamstring might make this interesting.

The NBA is wild. It’s insane to watch Jaxson Hayes take a ball off the top of the square with two hands and then one possession later guard Devon Booker on an iso. These dudes are freaks.

Reaction Score
Woj reporting that Booker is unlikely to play games 3 & 4, Suns/Pels series just got alot more interesting.

Reaction Score
Woj reporting that Booker is unlikely to play games 3 & 4, Suns/Pels series just got alot more interesting.
Clearly the baby put a curse on him to make the series more interesting for all of us

Reaction Score
Clearly the baby put a curse on him to make the series more interesting for all of us
Feels like the CP3 curse plays out every year, either he and/or a key teammate gets injured at a crucial moment in the playoffs. Basketball Gods still giving him hell for mashing Julius Hodge in the nuts.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Feels like the CP3 curse plays out every year, either he and/or a key teammate gets injured at a crucial moment in the playoffs. Basketball Gods still giving him hell for mashing Julius Hodge in the nuts.
I am always amazed to learn that Chris Paul isn’t like 47 years old.

Looking forward to Celtic vs Nets in 30 minutes. Really hoping it’s 2-0.

Reaction Score
It was reported that KD wasn't a big fan of Steve Kerr's offense with all of the ball & player movement, this iso heavy, predictable offense that the Nets are trotting out is playing right into the Celtics hands. KD basically gets the ball in the same spots and has to manufacture something, been ugly for him thru 2 games so far.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It was reported that KD wasn't a big fan of Steve Kerr's offense with all of the ball & player movement, this iso heavy, predictable offense that the Nets are trotting out is playing right into the Celtics hands. KD basically gets the ball in the same spots and has to manufacture something, been ugly for him thru 2 games so far.
If Dragic, Curry and Brown were making shots off ball movement then they went back to ISO. KD had 27 but mostly at the stripe and a bunch of those calls were total nonsense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bucks lost Middleton and Portis last night, and Hill was already out. Two straight short offseasons has been really tough on all the players, especially the veterans that have made deep playoff runs the last two seasons.

This playoffs is going to be won by the team that can keep the most key players standing.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Twolves...yikes.

Young grizzlies playing playoff switching defense. Won despite a clucker of a game by Morant. If Curry isn't 100% they are coming out of the west.

Reaction Score
It's wild that Donte Divincenzo went ahead of Jalen Brunson in the draft. Brunson is gonna get a ridiculous contract this summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom