OT: - 2022 NBA Playoffs | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: 2022 NBA Playoffs

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This Boston team just isn't an NBA Finals caliber team. They play reasonably hard and smart, but they just aren't one of the best teams in the NBA. This season is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Celtics, because they will be lucky to get out of the first round next year when everyone in the league is healthy and rested after a full offseason for the first time in 3 years. The Celtics have to beat Miami in game 7, because I don't think this Celtics team, as constituted, can win a title in a normal season, even with a few tweaks.

Heat, Bucks, 76ers, and probably the Nets were all better than the Celtics this season, but none of those teams were healthy in the playoffs. The Warriors are going to be tough in the next round, but they look tired and the Celtics have a shot against them.

BraveAmusedHoneybee-max-1mb.gif

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I’ll give you credit, you’ve taken this trolling to new heights.

Anyway, nice win for the Celtics. Most lopsided fourth quarter in Finals history. Anxiously waiting for Nelson to explain why it doesn’t count. Off night for first ballot Hall of Famer Kevon Looney maybe.

Actually, I said the Celtics had to win this year because this team as constructed is not good enough to win next year when the league will be healthy again.

I have trolled the Celtics fanboys into arguing that Khris Middleton isn't that good and his absence didn't matter, which wasn't that hard with this board.

Reaction Score
Actually, I said the Celtics had to win this year because this team as constructed is not good enough to win next year when the league will be healthy again.

I have trolled the Celtics fanboys into arguing that Khris Middleton isn't that good and his absence didn't matter, which wasn't that hard with this board.
Literally no one said that. One poster said he’s not a lock for the Hall of Fame, which is far from an insult.

But hey, it’s nice to see you admit to being a troll.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

So the youngest team in the playoffs, the one least reliant on players who may be trending down, is the one without much of a future? Sure. Aside from Al, who is 36, everybody else is still very young. Tatum is 24, Brown is 25, Smart is 28. Rob Williams is 24, White 27, Grant 23.

Warriors: Curry is 34, Klay is 32, Green is 32.
Heat: Butler 32, Lowry 36, Tucker 37, Oladipo 30. Bam is 24 and Herro is 22, but their window is closing fast.
Bucks: Giannis 27, Holliday 31, Lopez 34, Middleton 30

I can keep going. The Nets are getting old too. Toronto and Philly have fairly young cores, aside from Harden. The Cavs have a lot of young talent. Memphis is the team to watch in the West. Should keep improving.

Reaction Score

Right, now your point is that the youngest team in the playoffs, whose best player (and first team all-NBA member) is 24 years old, is in "win now" mode. Okay. I think we're done with this. I guess it's good that you at least admit that you just brought your act from the other board over here. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Reaction Score
So the youngest team in the playoffs, the one least reliant on players who may be trending down, is the one without much of a future? Sure. Aside from Al, who is 36, everybody else is still very young. Tatum is 24, Brown is 25, Smart is 28. Rob Williams is 24, White 27, Grant 23.

Warriors: Curry is 34, Klay is 32, Green is 32.
Heat: Butler 32, Lowry 36, Tucker 37, Oladipo 30. Bam is 24 and Herro is 22, but their window is closing fast.
Bucks: Giannis 27, Holliday 31, Lopez 34, Middleton 30

I can keep going. The Nets are getting old too. Toronto and Philly have fairly young cores, aside from Harden. The Cavs have a lot of young talent. Memphis is the team to watch in the West. Should keep improving.

I love the "as constructed" stuff about a team that is basically what you'd build in a lab if you wanted a defense equipped for the modern NBA.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

People don't take trolls seriously.

When you say something historically moronic like calling Khris Middleton a 1st ballot Hall of Famer, you should expect that everyone believes you don't know the first thing about NBA basketball and will laugh in your face whenever you comment about something NBA related.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People don't take trolls seriously.

When you say something historically moronic like calling Khris Middleton a 1st ballot Hall of Famer, you should expect that everyone believes you don't know the first thing about NBA basketball and will laugh in your face whenever you comment about something NBA related.

Hard to take Celtics fanboys seriously when you all launch into personal attacks if someone says something that isn’t completely complimentary of the Celtics. What does which team i root for have to do with my basketball knowledge?

How about this: The Celtics are the greatest team in NBA history and the championships that they didn’t win don’t count. Am I more educated about the NBA now?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I love the "as constructed" stuff about a team that is basically what you'd build in a lab if you wanted a defense equipped for the modern NBA.

You have convinced me. Celtics are a mortal lock to win the next three NBA championships. All those "stars" who missed time and/or were playing hurt suck anyway. Middleton in particular really sucks, and the Celtics would have swept the Bucks if he played.

Reaction Score
Hard to take Celtics fanboys seriously when you all launch into personal attacks if someone says something that isn’t completely complimentary of the Celtics. What does which team i root for have to do with my basketball knowledge?

How about this: The Celtics are the greatest team in NBA history and the championships that they didn’t win don’t count. Am I more educated about the NBA now?
If you don’t want to be called a troll, try not being a troll.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

You admitted you were trolling, troll. And it's not an ad hominem attack to criticize you for posting something mindblowingly stupid in an attempt to rile people up.

dude.

0/10. Would not read again.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You admitted you were trolling, troll. And it's not an ad hominem attack to criticize you for posting something mindblowingly stupid in an attempt to rile people up.

dude.

0/10. Would not read again.

So I point out that the Celtics had some help getting to the Finals and I am accused of being a troll. Then I try to compliment the Celtics and I am also accused of being a troll. The part where I will admit I was trolling was to get posters to say Khris Middleton sucks. But the fact that you are all Celtics' fanboys and will not admit the injury issue this playoffs (for example, Middleton), which is obvious to fans of any other team, is on you, not me.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So I point out that the Celtics had some help getting to the Finals and I am accused of being a troll. Then I try to compliment the Celtics and I am also accused of being a troll. The part where I will admit I was trolling was to get posters to say Khris Middleton sucks. But the fact that you are all Celtics' fanboys and will not admit the injury issue this playoffs (for example, Middleton), which is obvious to fans of any other team, is on you, not me.

Your reading comprehension is bad. My specific criticism was that you were trolling with your ridiculous Middleton comment.

As to your other comments, I was assuming they’re just bad takes rather than trolling. The Celtics are hardly in win-now mode. Tatum is 24.

Nobody is denying the Celtics have caught some breaks with other teams’ injuries. But you’re probably the only person on earth who thinks this is their only shot to win a title during the Tatum-Brown era.

FYI, when you resort to using the term “fanboys,” you’ve already lost.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Your reading comprehension is bad. My specific criticism was that you were trolling with your ridiculous Middleton comment.

As to your other comments, I was assuming they’re just bad takes rather than trolling. The Celtics are hardly in win-now mode. Tatum is 24.

Nobody is denying the Celtics have caught some breaks with other teams’ injuries. But you’re probably the only person on earth who thinks this is their only shot to win a title during the Tatum-Brown era.

FYI, when you resort to using the term “fanboys,” you’ve already lost.

You are fanboys.

The Celtics benefitted from a once in a lifetime rash of injuries and basic fatigue that were a result of back-to-back short offseasons. They weren't the only team, because the Mavericks didn't deserve to go to the Western Conference Finals either. It took a lot of injured players out West to get the Mavericks to that series.

This year's Celtics team is just not a title caliber team in a normal season. Tatum may be good enough to be the #1 on a title winner, although I am skeptical. I like Brown, but he is not as good as any of the #2 scorers of title teams in recent years, and Smart is a good 6th man and Horford is way past his prime. Tatum and Smart are high volume shooters The rest of the team are role players. The Warriors are healthy, if clearly exhausted, and everyone else in both conferences had major injuries or players that had run out of gas.

I have been making this fatigue argument for years. The Lakers 2020 championship was also the result of the weird layout of the season. The only reason that a team dependent on LeBron and AD won the title in 2020 is that they got to take 3 months off right before the playoffs. There is no way that the 2020 Lakers would have survived the playoffs without that break. The subsequent two years have proven that out.

Enjoy the ride the Celtics are on, because unless the Celtics pick up a high quality starter in the offseason or one of the Williams suddenly becomes a top player, the Celtics are not going to be good enough to win the East next year.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You are fanboys.

The Celtics benefitted from a once in a lifetime rash of injuries and basic fatigue that were a result of back-to-back short offseasons. They weren't the only team, because the Mavericks didn't deserve to go to the Western Conference Finals either. It took a lot of injured players out West to get the Mavericks to that series.

This year's Celtics team is just not a title caliber team in a normal season. Tatum may be good enough to be the #1 on a title winner, although I am skeptical. I like Brown, but he is not as good as any of the #2 scorers of title teams in recent years, and Smart is a good 6th man and Horford is way past his prime. Tatum and Smart are high volume shooters The rest of the team are role players. The Warriors are healthy, if clearly exhausted, and everyone else in both conferences had major injuries or players that had run out of gas.

I have been making this fatigue argument for years. The Lakers 2020 championship was also the result of the weird layout of the season. The only reason that a team dependent on LeBron and AD won the title in 2020 is that they got to take 3 months off right before the playoffs. There is no way that the 2020 Lakers would have survived the playoffs without that break. The subsequent two years have proven that out.

Enjoy the ride the Celtics are on, because unless the Celtics pick up a high quality starter in the offseason or one of the Williams suddenly becomes a top player, the Celtics are not going to be good enough to win the East next year.

You should actually watch basketball, instead of trying to cram everything into some theory you came up with 5 years ago.

The Celtics are a young team. The trajectory is upward. And you don't think they're going to try to improve the roster? It's funny you think every other team is going to get better while the Celtics are going to stay exactly the same. It's almost as if you're ignoring every fact that undermines your predetermined position...

Have you already made plans to attend Middleton's HOF induction? I suggest the Hilton Garden Inn.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You should actually watch basketball, instead of trying to cram everything into some theory you came up with 5 years ago.

The Celtics are a young team. The trajectory is upward. And you don't think they're going to try to improve the roster? It's funny you think every other team is going to get better while the Celtics are going to stay exactly the same. It's almost as if you're ignoring every fact that undermines your predetermined position...

Have you already made plans to attend Middleton's HOF induction? I suggest the Hilton Garden Inn.

Every other team is trying to get better too, and this is a weak free agent class. Who wants to max contract Bradley Beal? How about James Harden or Kyrie? Mitchell Robinson is a solid player that is unrestricted, but the Knicks are almost certain to wildly overpay him. Nurkic could help but the Celtics are not in a great cap spot before trying to sign anyone.

The East is going to be good next year. The Bucks, Nets, Raptors and 76ers should all be tough, but the Cavaliers were young and talented before they collapsed in injuries this season, but should be healthy with everyone back for next year. The Bulls have Derozan who is getting up there in years, but everyone else is in their prime and Levine is about to get Blank You money from Chicago. The Hawks could also bounce back.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Every other team is trying to get better too, and this is a weak free agent class. Who wants to max contract Bradley Beal? How about James Harden or Kyrie? Mitchell Robinson is a solid player that is unrestricted, but the Knicks are almost certain to wildly overpay him. Nurkic could help but the Celtics are not in a great cap spot before trying to sign anyone.

The East is going to be good next year. The Bucks, Nets, Raptors and 76ers should all be tough, but the Cavaliers were young and talented before they collapsed in injuries this season, but should be healthy with everyone back for next year. The Bulls have Derozan who is getting up there in years, but everyone else is in their prime and Levine is about to get Blank You money from Chicago. The Hawks could also bounce back.

We're not talking just about 2022-23. You're writing off the Celtics for the foreseeable future for some reason. With the Jays, the Celtics are always going to be in the conversation in the Eastern Conference.

I agree the East is getting pretty good. Nobody is saying the Celts will be the best team next season or the season after that. But to completely write them off is just weird.

Reaction Score
Where do I go to talk about basketball in the NBA Finals? 2 threads going and I have to choose between posters trolling back and forth or a bunch of posters I've never seen narrating the process of the refs fixing the finals

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Trolls gotta troll. Remember when we lost to Sparty without Dyson and how lame it sounded when we started with the "we lost our best offensive player" stuff. Nobody cared then. Nobody cares now but the trolls.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Klay looks cooked. I don't know if it is age or fatigue, but he can't get open and can't defend anywhere near the way he used to.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Klay looks cooked. I don't know if it is age or fatigue, but he can't get open and can't defend anywhere near the way he used to.

He had 25 points on 17 shots, 3 dimes and 0 turnovers against a suffocating defense. Warrior fans are upset they wasted a “great Klay game.” He’s not vintage Klay anymore due to his injury but he had a very good game. He sure looked open to me.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He had 25 points on 17 shots, 3 dimes and 0 turnovers against a suffocating defense. Warrior fans are upset they wasted a “great Klay game.” He’s not vintage Klay anymore due to his injury but he had a very good game. He sure looked open to me.
He was concerned for the virgin ears of the children in the crowd. Evidently there's no cussing in San Francisco. I suppose someone follows Draymond around town with an air-horn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom