OT: - 2022 NBA Playoffs | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: 2022 NBA Playoffs

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He had 25 points on 17 shots, 3 dimes and 0 turnovers against a suffocating defense. Warrior fans are upset they wasted a “great Klay game.” He’s not vintage Klay anymore due to his injury but he had a very good game. He sure looked open to me.

Let's settle down about this being the old Klay Thompson.

I am a basketball junkie, and am enjoying the series, but this series looks more like a first round 4/5 matchup than an NBA Finals. The Celtics don't have a suffocating defense. They are a good, solid team, that's it. The Warriors are a shadow of the prior championship teams, and are trying to squeeze one more trophy out of their aging superstars. Whoever wins this NBA Championship could be the worst NBA Champion since the 1970's, with the possible exception of the 1995 Rockets. The league was collectively worn out this season, and neither of these teams would have made the Finals in a normal season.

That said, you know what they will call whichever team wins this series? NBA Champion. So rather than get angry at me, why not just enjoy the Celtics' run? 10 teams have won an NBA championship in the last 20 years, and a total of 13 teams have won an NBA Championship since 1979. Do you think the fans of the other 17 teams would be complaining about being the worst NBA Champion of the last 40 years?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Let's settle down about this being the old Klay Thompson.

I am a basketball junkie, and am enjoying the series, but this series looks more like a first round 4/5 matchup than an NBA Finals. The Celtics don't have a suffocating defense. They are a good, solid team, that's it. The Warriors are a shadow of the prior championship teams, and are trying to squeeze one more trophy out of their aging superstars. Whoever wins this NBA Championship could be the worst NBA Champion since the 1970's, with the possible exception of the 1995 Rockets. The league was collectively worn out this season, and neither of these teams would have made the Finals in a normal season.

That said, you know what they will call whichever team wins this series? NBA Champion. So rather than get angry at me, why not just enjoy the Celtics' run? 10 teams have won an NBA championship in the last 20 years, and a total of 13 teams have won an NBA Championship since 1979. Do you think the fans of the other 17 teams would be complaining about being the worst NBA Champion of the last 40 years?

I literally said "He’s not vintage Klay anymore due to his injury."

I'm not angry with you. I'm not angry with anyone, even after last night's debacle. It's a make-or-miss league and the Celtics missed a boatload of open shots.

If the Celtics win, I don't care what anybody says. I didn't care when people made fun of UConn's 50-41 win over Butler. the banner looks the same as the other ones.

That said, I do think your takes are ridiculous, apart from saying the Warriors are a shadow of their former selves and very beatable. The Celtics defense is in fact terrific and I have no idea why anyone would disagree with that. But if a guy is locked in from 27 feet, it doesn't really matter.

Reaction Score
Zach Lowe: The Celtics may have the best defense I’ve ever seen.

Some dude on The Boneyard: The Celtics don’t play suffocating defense.

Can’t make this stuff up, lol.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Zach Lowe: The Celtics may have the best defense I’ve ever seen.

Some dude on The Boneyard: The Celtics don’t play suffocating defense.

Can’t make this stuff up, lol.

Everyone is a better defender when they are not defending the top players. The Celtics squeezed out two 7 game wins over teams missing key players. They don't win either series if the Bucks or Heat's top 3 players were healthy. Saying the Celtics defense is the greatest of all time, which the Celtics' fanboys all seem to believe, is ridiculous.

Can't make this stuff up. lol.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
These two day breaks are helping the Warriors a lot more than they are helping the Celtics. The Warriors' key players are old and dinged up, and need the rest.

Reaction Score
These two day breaks are helping the Warriors a lot more than they are helping the Celtics. The Warriors' key players are old and dinged up, and need the rest.

Is this a new format this year? I dont recall quite this much between games in the past. Its nearly two weeks worth of games ffs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is this a new format this year? I dont recall quite this much between games in the past. Its nearly two weeks worth of games ffs.

I checked 2019, and apparently this is normal for the NBA Finals. Surprising, because casual fans kind of lose momentum with the series when there is 2 days off between games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I checked 2019, and apparently this is normal for the NBA Finals. Surprising, because casual fans kind of lose momentum with the series when there is 2 days off between games.

I don't know when it changed, but the Finals used to be 2-3-2. with only one off day between games in the same city. The 9:00 start times are for the birds as well. It definitely favors the Western Conference.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Steph the undeniable king of the court. Congratulations for a well deserved MVP.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is an absurd take. It reads like trolling; that’s how ridiculous it is.

Scoreboard.

Warriors win in 5 if they don't have a 4th quarter meltdown in Game 1. A 6 game series is a nice moral victory for the Celtics, but the Warriors were up by 10 points in the 4th quarter in 5 of the 6 games. The 4 Warriors wins were not that close, and this is definitely one of the worst championship teams in the modern era, with 3 aging superstars, two of whom are well past their prime.

Solid season by the Celtics, and they definitely overachieved their talent. Great job by the coach.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I’ll give you credit, you’ve taken this trolling to new heights.

Anyway, nice win for the Celtics. Most lopsided fourth quarter in Finals history. Anxiously waiting for Nelson to explain why it doesn’t count. Off night for first ballot Hall of Famer Kevon Looney maybe.

Right, now your point is that the youngest team in the playoffs, whose best player (and first team all-NBA member) is 24 years old, is in "win now" mode. Okay. I think we're done with this. I guess it's good that you at least admit that you just brought your act from the other board over here. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Just capturing this for posterity.

Reaction Score
Steph is a such a special player, one of the best to ever do it. Klay is special too, despite clanging shots tonight. The shooting is the best we've ever seen but it's how they approach the game and winning which also makes them different. They don't flop around and beg for calls constantly, they had 4 ft's as a team until the last minute or so of garbage time. They just lace em up and outplay the opponents...

They've been to hell and back with injuries and everything has always been about the team. They already won it and had the best record ever and they let Durant get the shine when he came over. With new younger players on the team they let Poole, Wiggins and others do their thing. It's always all about the team with them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom