OT: - 2022 NBA Playoffs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: 2022 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
may be the only person in this boat, but do anyone else's eyes bleed when they watch Dillon Brooks play?
should have traded him when they had the chance. he kills them. and they will end up having to let one of tyus or anderson go next year because they are going to insist on keeping brooks. it's sad

Reaction Score
should have traded him when they had the chance. he kills them. and they will end up having to let one of tyus or anderson go next year because they are going to insist on keeping brooks. it's sad
they seem to all swear that he's part of their core/glue, but they go like 15 deep. would it be the worst thing ever to lose their 6th best player who thinks he's their best player? aside from game 6 vs the Wolves, the guy has been brick city for about three weeks straight. give his minutes to Ziaire Williams and let Dillon be a cheerleader. None of this even addresses how much he is stunting Desmond Bane's growth

Reaction Score
I'm in the minority but I can't really enjoy watching Luka play until he's in another system that doesn't look like "Rockets Harden ball". One guy just dominating the ball for an entire shot clock doesn't do it for me. I wonder if he's willing because that's now 2 coaches where the offense has looked largely the same.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like Marcus Smart is out tonight, after being treated like a tackling dummy last game. Celtics are in big trouble if they can't find a way to win this. At least they don't have to deal with Scott Foster.

Reaction Score
I'm in the minority but I can't really enjoy watching Luka play until he's in another system that doesn't look like "Rockets Harden ball". One guy just dominating the ball for an entire shot clock doesn't do it for me. I wonder if he's willing because that's now 2 coaches where the offense has looked largely the same.

when it's good it's good but when it's bad it's bad. i prefer how the suns/warriors/grizz operate better, but wouldn't take anything away from him. They workin with what they got

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wow. This Celtics Bucks game. Just a clinic on both ends by Boston. They need to keep it up.

Reaction Score
Celtics went right back to chucking up 3s in the 2nd half, it looks like it won't affect the outcome but on the road they're really gonna have to diversify their approach

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Celtics went right back to chucking up 3s in the 2nd half, it looks like it won't affect the outcome but on the road they're really gonna have to diversify their approach
Not if the Bucks keep clogging the paint and leaving shooters open. I feel like I’m watching UConn vs Creighton but UConn can shoot. Three bigs in the paint in the 2022 NBA.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Dillon goes out, Memphis wins. Klay is having a similar affect on GS, dude has been mediocre all year.

Celtics is 6.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You've got to love this kid. I'm waiting for his first technical. @BigErnMcCracken can perhaps give Deuce some advice on getting thrown out from the first row.

Reaction Score
Dillon goes out, Memphis wins. Klay is having a similar affect on GS, dude has been mediocre all year.

Celtics is 6.
Eh, Klay finished the regular season on a tear and then had a good series vs Denver. He's been terrible through 2 games vs Memphis but he's gone through these stretches before in the postseason, they just get glossed over because of his memorable explosions.

Reaction Score
when it's good it's good but when it's bad it's bad. i prefer how the suns/warriors/grizz operate better, but wouldn't take anything away from him. They workin with what they got
Yep, I'm not sure what else Luka can do. Sure he dribbles a lot but he has nothing around him offensively and still gets almost 10 assists per game. Their second best player is Brunson who is just a much worse 6'0 tall version of Luka without the vision. They have the worst frontline I've ever seen on a playoff team or maybe any NBA team ever. It's basically just Luka and some guys who can occasionally hit some threes. It's crazy he led them to the 4 seed in the West. Jokic and Luka's supporting casts are horrendous compared to other playoff teams.

Luka did get cooked by CP3 second half last night though and Chrissy was making him his personal project.

Reaction Score
was just talking to some people about this actually..it's a shame they have no off ball movement, even it were a charade. getting some cuts or off ball action would give him a little more space to operate. I get he's an elite iso guy, but they've got two other capable creators on that team too

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Normally I'd be irritated at the huge lag in games in the Celtic - Bucks series, but the Cs really need the time to heal. Hoping Smart is back tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Normally I'd be irritated at the huge lag in games in the Celtic - Bucks series, but the Cs really need the time to heal. Hoping Smart is back tomorrow.
Celtics caught a huge break with the Middleton injury.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Celtics caught a huge break with the Middleton injury.
Can't argue that. But I'd say Portis has been arguably the best (most efficient) guy for the Bucks in the series though. His length is posing some real challenges on D and he is shooting and rebounding well. I don't know how their minutes line up when Middleton is in, but less Portis would be good for Boston.

Reaction Score

grizz have a bunch of dudes banged up that this is helping too. not sure how this 3 full days off happened, especially with no games yesterday.

i'm sure embiid would have loved an extra two days rest

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
grizz have a bunch of dudes banged up that this is helping too. not sure how this 3 full days off happened, especially with no games yesterday.

i'm sure embiid would have loved an extra two days rest
For the Bucks, Milwaukee booked a concert tonight at the arena I’m told.

Reaction Score
Hell of a 4th quarter by the Celtics, whoever survives this series is gonna be spent, this series has been brutal through 4 games.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hell of a 4th quarter by the Celtics, whoever survives this series is gonna be spent, this series has been brutal through 4 games.
I was really amazed they stayed within striking distance through 3 quarters. Huge foul trouble, bad shooting, it just wasn't going well. Then big Al just started making plays, including posterizing Giannis. That was the play of the series, because Boston realized the Bucks weren't all that and stopped playing timidly.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That was an exciting game 5 in Celtics/Bucks.

Holiday takes a lot of bad shots in the first three and a half quarters, but he is a clutch player on both ends. I don’t get why Budenholzer doesn’t play Lopez more, especially because Grayson Allen kind of sucks. Allen is good at lighting up bad teams, but he doesn't contribute much against a team of Boston's caliber. Lopez at least forces Boston to adjust.

Horford has been playing great for the Celtics, and does not get the ball enough. Smart getting stuff is getting most of the airplay, but not being able to corral the rebound that ended up in Portis' hands for the go ahead putback on Giannis' free throw miss was actually a bigger play. Smart had the ball, and it just squirted out of his hands like it was covered in vegetable oil.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Philadelphia would be insane to give a max contract to an aging 2 guard with questionable conditioning habits.

I don't know where Philly goes from here. Maxie is the future, but the Embiid window could close at any time with his injury history. They need to find a way to win next year, and Harden hurts more than he helps.

If I was the Sixers, I would make a hard run at a Harden for Lebron trade with the Lakers. Lebron has to know that the Lakers are done as a legitimate title contender without an overhaul that he won't be around for anyway. Harden is finished as a Tier 1 star, but his expiring contract (assuming he exercises his option for 22-23) makes him useful in a trade. Lebron is not worth much if anything in a trade as a 38 year old in the last year of his contract, so Lebron for Harden and whatever else the Sixers can scrounge up is not a bad move for both teams.

Jeannie Buss should also fire Pelinka and start over with a GM that isn't a moron.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom