2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 42 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oooh, I can definitely see her at LSU.

Mulkey, Van Lith, and Reese. Their villainy level will go to the nth degree :rolleyes:
If this happens, then I predict a record number of technical fouls in a season for ANY basketball team, men's or women's, in history!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Whew, what’s going on in Palo Alto? Farmfan, any insight?
Players want to play? I am guessing that her playing time this season wasn't what she anticipated.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Players want to play? I am guessing that her playing time this season wasn't what she anticipated.
Maybe, truth is we don’t know what is going on behind the scenes. Tara tried to juggle 11 players who played in 33 or more games. The team was loaded with Front court players in Brink, Belibi, Prechtel, Iriafen, Betts and honestly Jones. Where they were pathetically weak was guard play so losing Nivar or Emma-Nnopu is not earth shattering.
To say “Tara has lost it as a coach” is just bizarre. She won it all in 2021 and the team looked great for 5 months of this season before imploding in the last 3 weeks.
Losing Betts is the odd transfer. While her season average in minutes was only 9.7 (5.7 pts) while her last 11 games she averaged 14.5 and 8.27 points a game so her time and importance increased as the season wound down. The huge hiccup was the last game where Tara only used her for 8 min and 0 points in their loss to Ole Miss.
To me, in all these years of Transfers even before the “portal“ this Betts transfer is the only one of note (think Snizak, Dodson, Brown, VanGytenbeek and now Nivar and Emma-Nnopu). None of these others did or will be major contributors elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Maybe, truth is we don’t know what is going on behind the scenes. Tara tried to juggle 11 players who played in 33 or more games. The team was loaded with Front court players in Brink, Belibi, Prechtel, Iriafen, Betts and honestly Jones. Where they were pathetically weak was guard play so losing Nivar or Emma-Nnopu is not earth shattering.
To say “Tara has lost it as a coach” is just bizarre. She won it all in 2021 and the team looked great for 5 months of this season before imploding in the last 3 weeks.
Losing Betts is the odd transfer. While her season average in minutes was only 9.7 (5.7 pts) while her last 11 games she averaged 14.5 and 8.27 points a game so her time and importance increased as the season wound down. The huge hiccup was the last game where Tara only used her for 8 min and 0 points in their loss to Ole Miss.
To me, in all these years of Transfers even before the “portal“ this Betts transfer is the only one of note (think Snizak, Dodson, Brown, VanGytenbeek and now Nivar and Emma-Nnopu). None of these others did or will be major contributors elsewhere.
Dodson was a decent contributor for Notre Dame. It's usually players that are grad transfers that leave Stanford but it's a new day.

Reaction Score
If she's smart enough to go to Stanford, then she should have looked at the roster and...have seen this coming.
Smart or not. You have got to play your 6’7 #1 ranked post player or they will play somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Smart or not. You have got to play your 6’7 #1 ranked post player or they will play somewhere else.
I don’t think Betts would have played anymore had she been in South Carolina or UConn’s teams either. She was behind Brink in the depth chart and was especially rough early in the year. If she wanted immediate and un-earned playing time she shouldn’t have been considering programs that have tough post competition.

I watched almost every Stanford game and she really didn’t look good early in the year. I think Tara actually did a good job bringing her along as the year went on and put her in positions to succeed. She wasn’t a good match up against teams with tough physical posts and thrived against small teams and her minutes fluctuated accordingly. Of all the players that should have issues about playing time at Stanford she isn’t top 11 on the list imo.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It still surprises me that Stanford told Dijonai Carrington that they didn't have a scholarship for her (COVID?) final season. She was dynamite for Baylor.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It still surprises me that Stanford told Dijonai Carrington that they didn't have a scholarship for her (COVID?) final season. She was dynamite for Baylor.
Same. She dynamite for Stanford too. The Card won the title that year so it worked out fine for them but there must have been a personality conflict or something along those lines. It surprises me that they didn't find a way to keep a player of that caliber on the roster.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Think I read somewhere that Stanford doesn't take transfers after sophomore year due to academics?

Reaction Score
Think I read somewhere that Stanford doesn't take transfers after sophomore year due to academics?
Like Vandy, they are very snooty about who gets to walk away with a Stanford degree.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Dodson was a decent contributor for Notre Dame. It's usually players that are grad transfers that leave Stanford but it's a new day.
And Lili Thompson would have been.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Same. She dynamite for Stanford too. The Card won the title that year so it worked out fine for them but there must have been a personality conflict or something along those lines. It surprises me that they didn't find a way to keep a player of that caliber on the roster.
Surprised Ana Wilson didn't have her NFL QB brother Russell Wilson pay for her Stanford expenses for one season so as Stanford could keep Carrington on scholarship . . . :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom