2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
*Coach's note to self : DO NOT recruit players ranked #52,#71,#99

** A two-fer as her sister was also committed to Maryland and has since re-opened her recruitment. Amiyah is ranked #43 (2023) and likely they want to attend the same school.
OK., I'll ask. What is wrong with the #52,#71 and #99 ranked players.

Also, with Mila Reynolds, if she and her sister are happy with their new home, they'll get a major boost in 2025 with their stud sister Kira Reynolds who averaged a double-double and 6 blocks per game.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I was going to mention Texas as another potential fit. Replacing Sonia Morris and allowing Shaylee and Rori to play less minutes. I know, defensively she won't be that wing defender or press helper that they need. But she also is another shot creator and a player able to get the ball into the post, to help Gaston and Taylor Jones. Highly doubtful I know.
She's obviously talented. Texas is kind of overloaded at 5'11 - 6'1 wing players. Based on who our coaches have been following on social media, our targets appear to be smaller, quicker combo guards who can defend, shoot, and play some backup PG.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
She already used her one-time transfer exception this past season. So, she would need a waiver or go the grad-transfer route; not sure her area of study, but I'd be surprised if all her coursework credits from Maryland transferred seamlessly to Virginia Tech.
She is a Senior this year, so she is eligible to xfer as a Grad Student...so no waiver will be needed. Oops.

Reaction Score
Got to give a lot of credit to Dawn here - one really does sense her players come to grow and be mentored by her, not just to win at all costs. And honestly, the only out-transfer, Saniya Rivers, herself said it was in spite of, not because of, her relationship with Dawn.
I didn’t think that 2019 recruiting class would stay together all 4 years

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
OK., I'll ask. What is wrong with the #52,#71 and #99 ranked players.

Also, with Mila Reynolds, if she and her sister are happy with their new home, they'll get a major boost in 2025 with their stud sister Kira Reynolds who averaged a double-double and 6 blocks per game.
I think it's just a joke about those those ranked numbers are in the portal multiple times from different classes. So, implying 52, 71, 99 are prone to transferring regardless of player/situation.

Reaction Score
I didn’t think that 2019 recruiting class would stay together all 4 years
I too am surprised they all lasted. I posted I didn’t think we’d ever see a 2002 TASSk force class from UConn again. This group was similar, not as talented overall but they did hang in there together.

Reaction Score
Something’s in the air in AZ

Yup and she got decent playing time too. Two seasons of several players transferring out. Will be interesting to see who decides to transfer in.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
So top transfers in the portal right now:
Endiya Rogers
Ashley Owusu
Tehina Pao Pao
Kiki Jefferson
Lexi Donarski
Sedona Prince
Shayeanne Day-Wilson

Any other big names I'm missing?
All depends on needs. However some others referenced are:
K Fauntleroy
J Walker
A Micheaux
T Mair

Combining @bballnut90 and @militarydog input, I completely agree that beauty is in the eye (and needs) of the beholder. That said:

• Agree that Alanna Micheaux of Minnesota should be a commodity
  • Camille Hobbie of NC State
  • Isnelle Natabou of Sacramento State
  • Lauren Ware of Arizona State

Height and help in the paint is sought by oh-so-many teams.

Reaction Score
Where have you heard this?
Not through official channels or media. Not like they will formerly announce it but there are people out there. Every program has those.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She is a Senior this year, so she is eligible to xfer as a Grad Student...so no waiver will be needed. Oops.
Assuming she has enough credits from 3 years at Maryland and 1 year at Virginia Tech to earn her undergraduate degree in her chosen major.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, it's been a steady decline since Ionescu moved on. If you think back to Ionescu's recruitment, she wasn't even originally considering Oregon (and seemed to be destined to land at Berkeley) until after her twin brother was offered a preferred walk-on spot with the men's hoops team. He didn't even end up enrolling at Oregon after all was said and done.

Is this a documented truth, that Cal was the leader always?

I read on the Cal Bears forum they felt Cal was the favorite her sophomore year but after that they bumped down the list. Outside that forum posting I don't see anything really pushing her to Cal. I believe Mark Campbell was instrumental in the recruitment of Sabrina from when he was at Oregon State. He was hired by Oregon in 2014 and became Associate Head Coach in 2015. I know Eddy said he was offered the preferred walk-on spot in August 2015, but I can't imagine her recruiting relationship with Mark Campbell from when she in like 6th grade, didn't have more sway. I don't see any articles about Sabrina's college choices or recruitment from before October 2015 where she was considering Texas, Cal, Oregon, and Oregon State. She later dropped Texas because she didn't think their relationship was where it was supposed to be at that time. Called them and left a message and never heard back from the coaches at the time. Later, like the 11th hour of her recruitment, it was between Oregon and Washington last minute. And I feel like I remember reading around here that Washington showed up as a dark horse late, like late late, because her Cal Stars coach Kelly Sopak was being considered for an Assistants job. When she committed to the Ducks in June 2016 she acknowledged that her brother would NOT be attending OU and would be going the JC route first. Which, he was at JC in San Fran, so Cal would have been pretty close They did end up being roommates in 2019 or something but I don't think she went to Oregon because of her brother's recruitment.

But I remember when Taylor Mikesell transferred she was pretty tight-lipped and seemingly maintained a pretty good relationship with her teammates but her dad on twitter was eluding to some things not being great in Oregon. Of course, parents of players will have different opinions and emotions attached to their child but I thought that was interesting.

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s a “no” for me regarding S Prince.
So, did UConn “dodge a bullet” where Sedona Prince is concerned? If memory serves me right, I remember her considering the Huskies after/during the breakup with her and Texas. She did eventually sign with Oregon, so I’m just saddened to see her in the portal again. Hoping that she and all the others find a new home that allows them to finish their college years happily.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think it's worth noting that two of Arizona's Assistant Coaches (not Salvo Coppa) are no longer listed on their site and job listings for their positions have been posted. So, it'll be a big offseason of change in Tuscon.
Could be an emperor has no clothes situation for Barnes.

Reaction Score
Endiya Rogers is an absolute gamer. Wherever she lands, she will be a starter. I've watched Endiya for 4 years since she began at USC. Was always the best guard on her team each year. To me, it is her competitiveness & complete game that separates her from all other PAC-12 guards. An absolute gamer.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So, did UConn “dodge a bullet” where Sedona Prince is concerned? If memory serves me right, I remember her considering the Huskies after/during the breakup with her and Texas. She did eventually sign with Oregon, so I’m just saddened to see her in the portal again. Hoping that she and all the others find a new home that allows them to finish their college years happily.
I think yes they dodged a bullet. She has unique skills and size but didn't like battling in the post despite being 6-7 and never rebounded well. Of the court she's had loads of drama with her being a social media influencer, and I don't think Geno would've put up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom