2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 35 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't she want to go to a contender? I would think a player with her skills would want to win some championships, whatever level they may be.
Combining this comment with concerns over NIL deals I heard that Caitlin Clark's net worth due to NIL skyrocketed after the Final Four. Doesn't that show that to a certain extent chasing the ring so to speak and chasing the money lead you to the same places. They are not mutually exclusive, either or pursuits.

Unless I am missing something a player going to a top contender generally is in a win win situation, A better chance at a championship or maybe a Final Four, and the NIL deals that come with the attention getting that far can provide.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

I have a question for BYers that follow The Ball Out Sports. In most cases when a player is announced as entering the portal, the tweet includes a phrase in the line of "more updates coming" or "more announcements to follow soon" and this from the current announcement "Names from Miami, Texas A&M, Louisville, and DePaul are in this update". Do they ever follow up?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have a question for BYers that follow The Ball Out Sports. In most cases when a player is announced as entering the portal, the tweet includes a phrase in the line of "more updates coming" or "more announcements to follow soon" and this from the current announcement "Names from Miami, Texas A&M, Louisville, and DePaul are in this update". Do they ever follow up?
Not usually. I think it’s a way to lure people to their paid site.

Reaction Score
What update?
This one that you posted?
Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 10.40.04 PM.png

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It wouldn't be a shock to learn she's hard to get along with.
No, it isn't that. We recently met (and have met in the past) with someone from the athletic department who shares (a bit).

She's a player's coach, and generally so far as one can tell, the players personally like her. I suspect she over-promises them. The problem is, she is terrible at managing a team. I think she is a bit old-fashioned (and European, thanks Salvo) in her thinking. You work hard, you accept the role you are assigned and you wait your turn (and don't be shocked if I recruit "over you" to put the best team on the floor). Last year (i.e. not the one that just ended) she had players that wouldn't buy into her system and she couldn't manage the problem. This year she (apparently) had players quite unhappy with how much they were on the court and what was expected of them when on the court. He said that department opinion was that she needed to change Assistant Coaches in favor of some experienced folks at managing players. Could be she was told to make it happen?

I'll add that she had Brett Shelby on staff (not as a coach). She is an experienced coach with experience at several high-profile DI programs. Could she get one of the spots?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Went on the Villanova WBB and discovered that:

The five starters for Villanova, including Brooke Mullin, all started every one of their 37 games. Same starting lineup every game.

Brooke Mullin is a senior so maybe grad school is her primary focus and reason for transferring.

She is also the niece of Chris Mullin, former St. John`s and NBA great. Did not know that.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Okay

They clarified that they see this list as predictions and not finalists. Not sure how anyone else read it but it comes across as "Finalists."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom