2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unless she finds a big, I wouldn’t be surprised if Del Rosario starts from the beginning. Can’t think of anyone in the SEC who matches her size and Kim’s resume for developing bigs speaks for itself.
I think Rosario will eventually start for us her freshman year. Even if we did find someone. But we need bodies inside though.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I saw that the window is 60 days from March 13-May 11, however is there a restriction on when players can announce where they are going? Or is this a function of when the new team is done with the season and can announce new players?

One confusing bit - Winter sports: A 60-day window beginning the day after championships selections are made in their sport. The men’s and women’s basketball portals are open March 13-May 11. So, the 60 day window doesn't apply to M&WBB, as championship selections (NCAA?) have not been made yet?

And did you know that graduate transfers are not bound by the window and can enter their names earlier?

Reaction Score
I saw that the window is 60 days from March 13-May 11, however is there a restriction on when players can announce where they are going? Or is this a function of when the new team is done with the season and can announce new players?

One confusing bit - Winter sports: A 60-day window beginning the day after championships selections are made in their sport. The men’s and women’s basketball portals are open March 13-May 11. So, the 60 day window doesn't apply to M&WBB, as championship selections (NCAA?) have not been made yet?

And did you know that graduate transfers are not bound by the window and can enter their names earlier?
Don't think there's a protocol or that it matters. I saw someone Twitter post that there are 300 players from the men's side who have already announced their intent transfer so far. Seems like they're going to put it out there regardless of the window.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please keep this thread on-topic, which is transfer portal announcements. A new thread will be started for SEC pos season play

Reaction Score
As a Kentucky fan I was really hopeful Elzy would succeed here, but she just hasn’t gotten it done at all. Outside of the SEC tourney run last year she has been pretty disappointing. Doesn’t help when key players are transferring each off-season and that she’s recruiting at a below average level.

Reaction Score

I think the portal opens on the 13th so that is when the official paperwork can be processed. I didn't see any restriction on players announcing their intentions before that. If your season is over, like Kentucky's, it's not a big deal.

Reaction Score
I think the portal opens on the 13th so that is when the official paperwork can be processed. I didn't see any restriction on players announcing their intentions before that. If your season is over, like Kentucky's, it's not a big deal.
I don't think the NCAA can tell players what they can or cannot announce. Technically, it's not a free speech issue because the NCAA is not a "state actor" but I still

Reaction Score
Portal opening up officially tomorrow. With NCAAT about to start and many programs seasons having come to an end
ETgVqMwU8AACtpP.jpg

Reaction Score
Some Louisville news. The same local source who broke the news about Verhulst transferring to Oklahoma is reporting that freshmen Jalyn Brown and Zyanna Walker are in the portal. Raoul doesn't seem to have that yet. Neither played much this year.

Reaction Score
Some Louisville news. The same local source who broke the news about Verhulst transferring to Oklahoma is reporting that freshmen Jalyn Brown and Zyanna Walker are in the portal. Raoul doesn't seem to have that yet. Neither played much this year.

Louisville losing players and no one coming in next year!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Solid post player from BC enters the portal:

Let's do the BC thing first.

- HC Joanna Bernabei-McNamee lost a mess of very good upper classmen to the portal following the 2021-22 season, including Taylor Soule and Cameron Swartz, who both went to ACC rivals.

- Even without any incoming transfers this season, Bernabei-McNamee had a hustling, young team led by Dontavia Waggoner, Tania Meir and Gakdeng, all of whom averaged double figures in scoring.

- I'm not the Boston AD, but at this point, I've got to wonder whey key players are bailing every year, even when things would look good for the next season.

- Gakdeng's strength is blocking shots (58), offering an excellent back-up to pressing guards and crashing the offensive boards. If a team is fine with her 11 ppg and what I just mentioned, she could be an excellent fit. If memory holds, she's from Maryland. I wouldn't be surprised if Brenda Freese is on the phone already....;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin