2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the record, Vandy has a couple of players in the portal. Graduate Yaubryon Chambers will move along to play her covid year. She's 6'0 tall and a good athlete. Also, 6'4 freshman Amauri Williams, who was dismissed from the team midseason, is in the portal. No clue what the dismissal was about. She stayed with the team in street clothes for a while and even made road trips with them, then about a month later she and the coaches decided it was best for all concerned if she entered the portal when it opened. She did stay in school and finished the semester. She was a Stephanie White commit, and coach Ralph signed her.

Another senior, Demi Washington, has not announced her intentions, but it seems fairly certain she won't be back. She has had injury problems and illness since being at Vandy, but she stayed healthy and was a solid contributor this season.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
For the record, Vandy has a couple of players in the portal. Graduate Yaubryon Chambers will move along to play her covid year. She's 6'0 tall and a good athlete. Also, 6'4 freshman Amauri Williams, who was dismissed from the team midseason, is in the portal. No clue what the dismissal was about. She stayed with the team in street clothes for a while and even made road trips with them, then about a month later she and the coaches decided it was best for all concerned if she entered the portal when it opened. She did stay in school and finished the semester. She was a Stephanie White commit, and coach Ralph signed her.

Another senior, Demi Washington, has not announced her intentions, but it seems fairly certain she won't be back. She has had injury problems and illness since being at Vandy, but she stayed healthy and was a solid contributor this season.

Looks like you are correct about Washington.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Can we kindly keep this thread to "Transfer Portal Announcements?" and, maybe, direct ramifications?
It's not that I mind discussion of certain teams' roster management and needs, but aren't there other threads for those kinds of details. (Gosh knows I'll take advantage of the ND and ACC threads, I'm sure ;))
With the wave of transfer portal announcements coming up -- well, today -- it's helpful to stay on point, so to speak.
Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Can we kindly keep this thread to "Transfer Portal Announcements?" and, maybe, direct ramifications?
It's not that I mind discussion of certain teams' roster management and needs, but aren't there other threads for those kinds of details. (Gosh knows I'll take advantage of the ND and ACC threads, I'm sure ;))
With the wave of transfer portal announcements coming up -- well, today -- it's helpful to stay on point, so to speak.
Thanks for your consideration.
Agree, and bookmark this thread for the announcements of where players land, just like we did last season, so that the "going" and "coming" posts are separated and easy to find.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Curry is not ranked among the nation's top 100 recruits by ESPNW.com's HoopGurlz, but she was named the 2020 Press Enterprise Player of the Year. She averaged 22.4 points per game last season and made 75 three-point shots.

Curry chose Cal over her four finalist -- San Diego State, Utah, Washington and Arizona State.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Whoa, this is big news. She exploded onto the scene as a Fr. and averaged 18.6 ppg her first year in Berkeley. Not exactly the most efficient player, but she can score.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Agree, and bookmark this thread for the announcements of where players land, just like we did last season, so that the "going" and "coming" posts are separated and easy to find.
How do you "bookmark" your newly posted transfer thread?
I used the link above to get to it but am wondering what a bookmark does.
Thanks.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
How do you "bookmark" your newly posted transfer thread?
I used the link above to get to it but am wondering what a bookmark does.
Thanks.
Well, I used the term "bookmark" to remember we had two threads last year to keep things a bit cleaner, however you can click the bookmark icon at the top right of any post and save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom