2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Ohio State? I believe she was Westbeld’s teammate:

That is, indeed, Maddy Westbeld's HS teammate. When I first started watching extensive tape of Maddy W., I had a hard time -- at first -- differentiating on the long- and medium-range shots. They're the same size and somewhat the same build, but Maddy is a workout warrior.

Bartley has two years left, if one includes the Covid exemption, so whatever school she heads to can get a forward for that long.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
That's pretty much what I figured goes on. I wonder how much tampering there is?
Well, in this instance, maybe we should see how much time passes between entering the portal and opening the door to her next school? ;)

Reaction Score
That's pretty much what I figured goes on. I wonder how much tampering there is?
It happens sadly and actually sometimes athletes initiate it behind closed doors

I’m pretty close with LSUs program and many of the inner workings. I don’t have specific names but a couple of the current players on the current team were reached out to by players from other schools in the last month asking what it’s like there and trying to get info about the program. Basically kids are asking around and getting the inside scoop window shopping before entering the portal pretty often with a good idea of where they plan or want to go… or at the very least have particular schools in mind.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It happens sadly and actually sometimes athletes initiate it behind closed doors

I’m pretty close with LSUs program and many of the inner workings. I don’t have specific names but a couple of the current players on the current team were reached out to by players from other schools in the last month asking what it’s like there and trying to get info about the program. Basically kids are asking around and getting the inside scoop window shopping before entering the portal pretty often with a good idea of where they plan or want to go… or at the very least have particular schools in mind.
I think that's smart for a player to do their due diligence and get an idea of what the culture is like at a school before transferring there.

That's not what I would call tampering and I don't have a problem with the player initiating contact and getting a feel for what could be possible if they decide to transfer.

Reaction Score
Two years as a starter, after coming over from Marquette.
However, key to note she was suspended during the ACC and when she did come back, came off the bench.

Has used all four years of undergrad eligibility, so assuming she's graduating and taking the Covid year, while trying to work on grad studies somewhere (she's a sociology major).

However, let's think interactions with the coach may have something to do with it: she's now left programs run by Megan Duffy and Coach Mox. Hmmm :rolleyes:

BTW, UVA has Kymora Johnson, #24 on Hoopgurlz and a 5'7" point guard from Virginia, coming aboard this summer. Would've been great to have a 5th year vet work with a rookie, but there's PG talent in the pipeline.
Having watched Taylor many times, I found her very frustrating. At times she could be really good. But more often she was just out of control. She’d drive to the basket frequently (no outside shot) and, as often as not, lose the ball or be called for a charge. No idea what the suspension was about, but could be a red flag. Seemed like a good kid though. I thought about the potential support of Johnson (she goes by Mo) in transition and concluded that Taylor wasn’t good enough to want her to stay around for that. Let’s let the new kid take over. Plus we had a 1st year point guard this year (Yonta) who ran the offense pretty well - just couldn’t shoot.

Reaction Score

Hmmm... Belmont is in Tennessee...the University of Tennessee is in the sweet 16...Tenn is possibly losing a lot of production at guard without any proven backups... Belmont has an all-star guard in Destinee Wells who is also a Tennessee native...hmmm

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Started as a freshman at Iowa State and then ran into stress fracture problems. Has been reserve last 2 years after missing most of sophomore season. Thought she was done but must want to play another year.
30340146421767.jpeg

Reaction Score
Started as a freshman at Iowa State and then ran into stress fracture problems. Has been reserve last 2 years after missing most of sophomore season. Thought she was done but must want to play another year.
View attachment 85493
Hopefully she lands somewhere that gets her more playing time. Her injuries unfortunately pushed her further down the depth chart. Unfortunate but that's how it works sometimes.

Reaction Score
View attachment 85493
I know she is an Iowa girl… Idk why but FGCU would be a solid landing spot for someone like her

Reaction Score
View attachment 85493
She was impressive her freshman year. I figured she would slide to the 2 when she returned with Ryan running the show & Donarski/Joens on the wings. Hope she’s a good fit at her next school.

Reaction Score
Ask yourself how many teams remain in the tournament that have the need to have been “actively recruiting” Belmont’s players

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Keep an eye on West Virginia's JJ Quinerly . . .

Reaction Score
Ask yourself how many teams remain in the tournament that have the need to have been “actively recruiting” Belmont’s players
This announcement was made earlier so it will be interesting to see where she lands. Also, I wonder how many "teams" are early recruiting versus players who have friends on other teams who are doing the recruiting.
https://twitter.com/Raoul_000?ref_s...^1638236167349870613|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=
@Raoul_000

Madison Bartley (6-3 JR forward, Kettering, OH) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Belmont WBB; 2022-23 stats: 14.1 PPG, 5.1 RPG; first-team All-MVC

Reaction Score

I appreciate Michelle for hanging in there. I think that with DePaul's system and style of play, Michelle will be a great fit for that program. She just could not get decent minutes with Michigan. I was surprised this season because Michigan was lacking a point guard, I was thinking that Michelle would get some minutes. But only one game this entire season?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Not surprising. She hasn't had much opportunity to play with the program. Will be interesting to see how she fits with this style of play.
If memory serves correctly, after last season Sidor was asked to take on some point guard responsibilities at Michigan, but was then derailed by injuries (she only played one game this year, so that's going to count as medical red shirt. Add in the Covid year, and she should have two years).

As for how she'll do with DePaul's preferred up-tempo, let-it-rip style: she'll fit in great. Sidor is only the fourth player in New Jersey history to reach 3,000 points and she averaged nearly 27 ppg her senior year in taking Saddle River Day to the state's now defunct Tournament of Champions final. I've seen her play a few times. Excellent handle, deceptive speed that she uses well by changing gears on her attacks and, of course, she can shoot. I've seen her drive, pull-up for J's in the lane at full speed and hit three's.

This could be a very good match with a player that needs to unshackled and a coach that needs some players that can shoot.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I appreciate Michelle for hanging in there. I think that with DePaul's system and style of play, Michelle will be a great fit for that program. She just could not get decent minutes with Michigan. I was surprised this season because Michigan was lacking a point guard, I was thinking that Michelle would get some minutes. But only one game this entire season?
See my full post, but she was injured pre-season and never really got back into the flow. She's probably graduated and has played good soldier. Time to get the wings out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom