2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Coach Washington better get on the phone.
I could see her playing at Rutgers. Then again, if you don't need her to be a primary or secondary scorer, I think she'd help a lot of teams. Let her play defense, block shots, rebound and put up short shots.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

She didn' t play in 2021-22 due to a medical issue, so probably has three years of eligibility. She had a number of B1G, Big East and Mid-American schools during her first time around. Vandy and North Carolina are listed, too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's do the BC thing first.

- HC Joanna Bernabei-McNamee lost a mess of very good upper classmen to the portal following the 2021-22 season, including Taylor Soule and Cameron Swartz, who both went to ACC rivals.

- Even without any incoming transfers this season, Bernabei-McNamee had a hustling, young team led by Dontavia Waggoner, Tania Meir and Gakdeng, all of whom average double figures in scoring.

- I'm not the Boston AD, but at this point, I've got to wonder whey key players are bailing every year, even when things would look good the next season.

- Gakdeng's strength is blocking shots (58), offering an excellent back-up to pressing guards and crashing the offensive boards. If a team is fine with her 11 ppg and what I just mentioned, she could be an excellent fit. If memory holds, she's from Maryland. I wouldn't be surprised if Brenda Freese is on the phone already....;)
The Terps have a full roster next season. So, someone will have to transfer out next season.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, aren't there usually some sort of comings and goings at College Park? If not this year, bravo.
Well, the Terps only had one transfer after the 2021 season. After the 2022 season:mad:

Reaction Score
People on Louisville WBB forums are saying they could get:
-FSU’s Mikayla Timpson
-Wake Forest’s Jewel Spear
-DePaul’s Aneesah Morrow

If this comes to fruition, Walz would have the best transfers in the country!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
-FSU’s Mikayla Timpson
-DePaul’s Aneesah Morrow

Those fans must be drinking heavily on that Maker's Mark if they think Jewel Spear would transfer from Wake Forest to Louisville for her Senior Year.
There is a higher chance of Beyonce transferring from JayZ to me.

Reaction Score
-FSU’s Mikayla Timpson
-DePaul’s Aneesah Morrow

How did that work out for them this year? (Just kidding. I actually quite like Walz).

Reaction Score
Those fans must be drinking heavily on that Maker's Mark if they think Jewel Spear would transfer from Wake Forest to Louisville for her Senior Year.
That’s what I thought. If Jeff pulls this off—he’s “coming back” guns blazing.

Reaction Score
-FSU’s Mikayla Timpson
-DePaul’s Aneesah Morrow

The Tennessee fans are saying the same about morrow… but when did she enter the portal?

Reaction Score
Morrow hasn’t yet. Neither has Timpson/Spear for that matter. I follow Raoul on Twitter for all the transfer/recruiting stuff.

Reaction Score
But I expect it to start getting/be on fire by the weekend. (After 1st/2nd rounds).

Reaction Score
I've seen the Spear talk on fan boards here in Louisville. Makes no sense.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Jewel Spear seems to be very happy at Wake Forest; she chose to stay at Wake for a third season despite the head coaching change last summer (which came very late in the offseason, IIRC). She's from the Dallas-Fort Worth area, so lots of Longhorns fans have been keeping up with her career. Unless she's graduating soon, I doubt she'd transfer to another program being close to earning her undergraduate degree from WF. If she was graduating this Spring or Summer, then I could understand her perhaps transferring if her goal is to play in the NCAA tourney.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've seen the Spear talk on fan boards here in Louisville. Makes no sense.

I get the feeling that she loves Wake. She had a chance to transfer with the coaching change last season. There isn't any doubt in my mind that she will return and flourish in her senior year in Winston Salem. That being said.. if she does want to do a Covid Year after she graduates...... I know of a school that makes PERFECT sense..... rhymes with Kook.

Reaction Score
The Tennessee fans are saying the same about morrow… but when did she enter the portal?
They must not know that she plays in the lowly Big East. Having said that....hard to believe Jackson chooses to stay without some plan to get her a sidekick. Not necessarily Morrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom