2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I dont know what country has the most D1 players over here, but have to believe it is Australia with 128, which includes Grad students(or 5th year students) and incoming freshmen. If you click on the players name it takes you to their schools roster page.

Reaction Score
I dont know what country has the most D1 players over here, but have to believe it is Australia with 128, which includes Grad students(or 5th year students) and incoming freshmen. If you click on the players name it takes you to their schools roster page.

Here are the D1 totals from last year at the beginning of the season with Canada just in front of Australia, Spain a clear third and then everyone else.

1632139404685.png

Reaction Score
Miami doing it's part with 3 players from Spain, 2 from France, and 1 from Canada! (Also 1 from Sweden and 1 from Croatia lol)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In my unbiased opinion, that schedule is softer than the dog poop that my neighbors dog left in my backyard on multiple occasions. Im not bashing.... but the more things change, the more they stay the same in regards to that school's non-conference schedule.

now if Duke has a soft schedule... i get to delete this post
I see you haven't deleted this post yet :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see you haven't deleted this post yet :rolleyes:

I still believe its a tougher schedule than our neighbor's down the road. Two top 10 teams, plus Sun Belt power Troy, SEC Football power Bama, always tough Penn... Usually tough Dayton, occasionally tough App State, and one time tough UNC-W... plus a road trip to the Buc Dome to face an emerging Charleston Southern squad. People don't realize how tough it is to come out with a victory at the Buc Dome. :eek:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I still believe its a tougher schedule than our neighbor's down the road. Two top 10 teams, plus Sun Belt power Troy, SEC Football power Bama, always tough Penn... Usually tough Dayton, occasionally tough App State, and one time tough UNC-W... plus a road trip to the Buc Dome to face an emerging Charleston Southern squad. People don't realize how tough it is to come out with a victory at the Buc Dome. :eek:
Oh yeah, how could I overlook Appalachian State and UNC-Wilmington.

I never thought I'd see the day that you'd discount your Aggies as a cheap cupcake :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, how could I overlook Appalachian State and UNC-Wilmington.

I never thought I'd see the day that you'd discount your Aggies as a cheap cupcake :cool:

Never a cupcake... they are at worst the 3rd toughest team on their schedule... along with Charlotte in the top 3.

Reaction Score
That's good . I hate it when the new head coach and especially the players are punished for the misdeeds of the past coach's behavior.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That is a loaded schedule. I applaud them for scheduling so tough. Conference play might feel like a relief when it starts. :rolleyes:

They play two teams from the Triangle.... and two teams from the Triad. To break it down even further. they face my #1, #2, #7, and #8 schools.

cantwait.gif

Reaction Score
They play two teams from the Triangle.... and two teams from the Triad. To break it down even further. they face my #1, #2, #7, and #8 schools.
Those are the settings on your applausometer - not your preseason rankings forecast. Right?

Reaction Score
Oregon St. releases non conference schedule. Kinda disappointing. Michigan looks like the highlight. Well, after Cal Baptist of course. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't overlook the Notre Dame game. I think that game could be an interesting one. Some interesting match ups based on players from both sides from what I'm seeing.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't overlook the Notre Dame game. I think that game could be an interesting one. Some interesting match ups based on players from both sides from what I'm seeing.
ND has talent, maybe they will get back to being more like we are used to them being this year, we'll see. OSU has had several close but not quite losses to the Irish, maybe they will finally get a win against them this time.

There are some solid mid majors in addition to CBU like Northern Iowa, Idaho and 'Nova. I would like to see at least 1 more marquee matchup though.

Reaction Score
ND has talent, maybe they will get back to being more like we are used to them being this year, we'll see. OSU has had several close but not quite losses to the Irish, maybe they will finally get a win against them this time.

There are some solid mid majors in addition to CBU like Northern Iowa, Idaho and 'Nova. I would like to see at least 1 more marquee matchup though.
That's completely fair. I just didn't think ND was getting a fair shake. I think the addition of Citron will be impactful for the team. I've been a fan of her game from when I first saw her during the U16 FIBA Americas.

Reaction Score
I’d also expect Maya Dodson to have an impact for the Irish.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I’d also expect Maya Dodson to have an impact for the Irish.
I kept waiting for her to have a bigger impact for Stanford, and it never happened. Career average of about 5 pts and 4 reb per game is extremely underwhelming for a player who appears to have all the physical tools you could ever want. Maybe she'll finally make a leap this year, but I will be surprised if she does.

Not that it's really relevant, but the previous Stanford>Notre Dame transfers didn't exactly excel in South Bend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom