2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

Reaction Score
:) That's pretty funny. I'm curious to see how the 2 Washington transfers will fare at CU. I've never really been a fan of Sherrod, I wonder if Sadler will take some of her minutes at PG. Coach Payne hasn't shown any inclination toward a 2 PG lineup as far as I'm aware. Miller can certainly help in the post rotation.

There's definitely some big questions surrounding Colorado this season, and whether they can make a run for it. Given that they fell victim to Denver University in a local rivalry (FEAR THE PIONEEEEER) last year, they have shown that they clearly struggle with consistency.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There's definitely some big questions surrounding Colorado this season, and whether they can make a run for it. Given that they fell victim to Denver University in a local rivalry (FEAR THE PIONEEEEER) last year, they have shown that they clearly struggle with consistency.
I thought they were actually better after Sherrod got hurt last season, which does not bode well for her. She can't shoot and I don't think she's a very good decision maker as a PG. If Coach Payne is smart, it will be an open competition for PT and maybe Sadler should actually replace Sherrod.

Yeah, on the negative side of the ledger they were pretty much the only team Oregon St. could beat at the beginning of the year, and at the end of the season they got thumped by Washington. But they always play Stanford tough, so their fan (s) can hang their hat on that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just got my email.... Duke releases its non-conference schedule

That Dec 15 game though

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
One new rule change that I came across that might be good allows the scorer's table to elect to do the TV timeout during instate replay reviews.

I had shelved the memory that the 3pt line was moving back so good to be reminded of that as well.

Reaction Score
Just got my email.... Duke releases its non-conference schedule

That Dec 15 game though

giphy.gif

IMO I think the Iowa game will be quite interesting, and a chance to see how Kara has her squad prepped for quality P5 opponent. Not saying Duke wins, but it will be an early test for a team I am quite curious about. The SC game however :confused: maybe Kara will lace 'em up for old times sake

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Were you making fun of UNC's schedule awhile back?

Yea. I'm not biased, but I do think our schedule is tougher.

I thought that was what you wanted… a chance to beat “Little Carolina”…

well here it is lol…

Guess it's a case of be careful of what you wish for?? It was a lot more fun calling yall scared though.

Anyway... Little Carolina might win, might... but I guarantee you it will be nothing like the last meeting. I guarantee it. :mad:

Reaction Score

Saw Oregon post their full OOC - other than Uconn and Battle for Atlantis, not very strong. Yes, they are in the PAC but I would have personally liked to have seen more quality opponents, considering this Oregon squad is a top 10 team if everyones healthy IMO.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Saw Oregon post their full OOC - other than Uconn and Battle for Atlantis, not very strong. Yes, they are in the PAC but I would have personally liked to have seen more quality opponents, considering this Oregon squad is a top 10 team if everyones healthy IMO.

Hmm... I'm not quite sold yet. A lot of top teams from last season are returning most of their talent from last season, and Oregon is pretty meaningfully rebuilding after losing 2.5 of last year's starters (Boley, Mikesell, and Chavez/Shelley) plus adding a bunch of new transfers and frosh into the mix. I've also moved from a BUY to a HOLD on Graves after a number of seemingly aimless gameplans last season where Sabally and Pao Pao seemed to essentially be gutting it out themselves. I agree that Sabally/Prince/Pao Pao has the potential to be one of the most potent starting threesomes in WBB, but I guess I want to see it in action first. Last season was pretty disappointing given how much talent Oregon had and the tremendous momentum the Ducks had built after their likely championship-that-wasn't-to-be run in '19-'20.

Reaction Score

And Stanfords schedule. Come play in the PAC-12. Where is the strength in Stanford pre season

Nov. 6Clarke (Ex.)Stanford, Calif.
Nov. 11Morgan StateStanford, Calif.
Nov. 14TexasStanford, Calif.
Nov. 16PortlandStanford, Calif.
Nov. 21at GonzagaSpokane, Wash.
Nov. 25vs. Indiana ^Nassau, Bahamas
Nov. 26vs. South Florida ^Nassau, Bahamas
Nov. 27vs. Maryland ^Nassau, Bahamas
Dec. 12PacificStanford, Calif.
Dec. 15UC DavisStanford, Calif.
Dec. 18at TennesseeKnoxville, Tenn.
Dec. 21at South CarolinaColumbia, S.C.

Reaction Score
Seems like most of the "top" teams are scheduling two or three tough games pre-conference and then one or two later in the year. Anybody's schedule beats that weak sauce Mulkey at Baylor served up every year (But they did always end up making a good tournament run most years, I have to add)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hmm... I'm not quite sold yet. A lot of top teams from last season are returning most of their talent from last season, and Oregon is pretty meaningfully rebuilding after losing 2.5 of last year's starters (Boley, Mikesell, and Chavez/Shelley) plus adding a bunch of new transfers and frosh into the mix. I've also moved from a BUY to a HOLD on Graves after a number of seemingly aimless gameplans last season where Sabally and Pao Pao seemed to essentially be gutting it out themselves. I agree that Sabally/Prince/Pao Pao has the potential to be one of the most potent starting threesomes in WBB, but I guess I want to see it in action first. Last season was pretty disappointing given how much talent Oregon had and the tremendous momentum the Ducks had built after their likely championship-that-wasn't-to-be run in '19-'20.
Ditto. Really didn't beat anybody good all year. Went 0-6 against Stanford, Arizona and UCLA. 1-2 against OSU, and the one win was when the Beavs were awful. I guess you can give them credit for beating Georgia in the Tourney. They have a lot to prove, and are basically rebuilding their roster for the second year in a row. I know Rogers is a baller, but really not sure what to expect from the bevy of other transfers.

Reaction Score
E-ySxOPVIAEGjdB

Arkansas's preseason slate is pretty weak, minus UConn obvs, but a couple of decent G5/mid-major programs (UCF, Belmont) in there. The new quasi-mandate to schedule more in-state schools isn't helping with SOS-boosting opponents, but even beyond that, the weaker schedule seems pretty intentional with the very young team the Hogs are putting out there this year (Ramirez is the only "senior"). Their conference slate is pretty tough, though, with H/H's with both Tennessee and MS State, who will be predicted above them in the standings, I expect, along with Mizzou, who is their permanent partner.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the complete OOC or not. 2 neutral site games, but no true road games. Louisville jumps out, and North Carolina. I'd already seen those 2 from the other team's schedule. The rest is fairly meh. Pac 12 has announced the conference schedule, so I don't know why that wasn't included.

edit--oops @ Seattle U. I guess that counts as an away game, but they don't have to go very far.

Reaction Score
We should just rename them the Dunking Card and then give them 100
Not sure if this is the complete OOC or not. 2 neutral site games, but no true road games. Louisville jumps out, and North Carolina. I'd already seen those 2 from the other team's schedule. The rest is fairly meh. Pac 12 has announced the conference schedule, so I don't know why that wasn't included.

edit--oops @ Seattle U. I guess that counts as an away game, but they don't have to go very far.

It's possible that while the Pac-12 has announced the weekend travel partners, they haven't ironed down the days for each of the contests just yet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Mighty Panthers of High Point has released their schedule... not sure what I was doing last week to miss the announcement but anyway.

No offense to Husky Nan's Fighting Phoenix of Elon, but I had hoped for a bigger named opponent to open the new arena. A few highlights.... a Thanksgiving-Eve showdown with Wake Forest paying a visit.. a trip to play South Florida, and a game vs FGCU (the head coaches Alma-Mater) in West Palm Beach.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
THe ACC schedule was just released. Disappointed Duke doesn't travel to Wake this year.... nothing like stuffing yourself with 2 foot long pimento cheese dogs and a small fry as an after victory meal. Or grabbing a 8 piece chicken box after a victory........ or grabbing 2 slices of Italian Cream Cake after a victory.... well you get the idea. :oops:

Wake gets the short end of the stick in scheduling, Whereas the 3 Triangle schools get home and homes with each other.... Poor ol Wake gets home an homes with Miami, FSU, Clemson, and Georgia Tech. :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In case yall were curious... the ACC implemented the pod system a few years ago when the conference expanded to 18 regular season games. ND, BC, Pitt, Louisville, and Cuse are in one pod. The Virginia schools and the Triangle schools are in another... and of course Wake joins the southern most schools in the other pod.

Reaction Score
In case yall were curious... the ACC implemented the pod system a few years ago when the conference expanded to 18 regular season games. ND, BC, Pitt, Louisville, and Cuse are in one pod. The Virginia schools and the Triangle schools are in another... and of course Wake joins the southern most schools in the other pod.
I remember the Terp fans were irate over the pod system. They had the Terps with Pitt, ND, Syracuse and BC and none of the original 6 rivals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom