2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC A&T is going the One and Done Route..... leaving the Big South for the Colonial after just one season. In the long run it might be good for the Aggies.... but going from all your games being on ESPN+, ESPN3 or ESPNU to going to Flosports is gonna catch alot of fans offguard. I'm gonna miss the storied battles between A&T and Presbyterian, HPU, USC-Upstate and so forth.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Old news.... I procrastinated on this... Hampton is joining the Colonial Conference.

Didn’t they just move from the MEAC to Big South like two years ago?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn’t they just move from the MEAC to Big South like two years ago?

Hampton has been in the Big South since 2018. As you may recall... I railed at Hampton for leaving the MEAC for the Big South when it happened...... but alas... My Aggies joined them a few years later. I was gonna rail on Hampton again when this announcement was made, but decided to let the smoke clear first... good thing I waited.

Hampton's President goal for years was to be in the Colonial. This news caught everyone by surprise here... but apparently the Colonial reached out to A&T last fall. The Aggies are gonna have to upgrade their facilities...... and they are gonna be taking some arse whippings for awhile... and I bet the football team is looking forward to a late November trip to Maine every few years :eek::confused::eek:

Reaction Score
Puts CAA at 13 teams (14 for FB) which seems like an odd place to stop, esp since they seem to want to go 2 divisions to ease travel.

They also have no schools between Towson and William & Mary.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Puts CAA at 13 teams (14 for FB) which seems like an odd place to stop, esp since they seem to want to go 2 divisions to ease travel.

They also have no schools between Towson and William & Mary.

I've seen speculation in the past that had the Colonial going after Howard. Not sure how that stands now, if either side is currently interested. That would fill the gap between those two institutions.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
They are trying to break Syracuse's record
I think Indiana State started the season a few years ago with ZERO players from their previous roster.

Reaction Score
5 of the players that transferred in are transferring out… that is ridiculous
Agreed but this is the trend and it seems to be getting worse. The pace of players entering the transfer portal will start to increase with the end of conference tournaments. I fear we're only seeing the start of this.

Reaction Score
Agreed but this is the trend and it seems to be getting worse. The pace of players entering the transfer portal will start to increase with the end of conference tournaments. I fear we're only seeing the start of this.

Can't argue there.

Reaction Score
Hampton has been in the Big South since 2018. As you may recall... I railed at Hampton for leaving the MEAC for the Big South when it happened...... but alas... My Aggies joined them a few years later. I was gonna rail on Hampton again when this announcement was made, but decided to let the smoke clear first... good thing I waited.

Hampton's President goal for years was to be in the Colonial. This news caught everyone by surprise here... but apparently the Colonial reached out to A&T last fall. The Aggies are gonna have to upgrade their facilities...... and they are gonna be taking some arse whippings for awhile... and I bet the football team is looking forward to a late November trip to Maine every few years :eek::confused::eek:
I think the Aggies track and field program will definitely be a benefit for the Colonial conference.

Reaction Score
I hope Kim and Autumn Newby get on the phone now. LSU needs players badly for next season…
Kim and Autumn might want to look at Aaliyah Nye from Illinois. Leading scorer and leaving after one year.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
California Baptist University women's basketball guard Ane Olaeta has accepted an invitation to attend the ProHoops Combine in Minneapolis, Minn., on April 2. The Basque Country native is pursuing a professional basketball career since her time at CBU is completed, whether that is in the WNBA or in an international league is yet to be determined.

"It is a great opportunity for Ane. She has a bright future ahead of her and this is a good first step on that journey," CBU Head Coach Jarrod Olson said of Olaeta's invite to the elite showcase.

The event places top graduating seniors in front of WNBA and international scouts ahead of the WNBA Draft on April 11. The combine takes place in Minneapolis during the same weekend of the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament Final Four games.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Queen Egbo Declares She's Ready for Next Stage

With Na'lyssa Smith and the Queen exiting the court, Nikki Collen is going to need some seasoned -- and good -- bigs. Or, with Texas heading to the SEC, does she remake Baylor into a less front-court centric team? In any case, stay tuned.

As for the Queen, hmmm. GM's are always looking for bigs, but is she even at the stage of taking one of the very few remaining roster spots in what is a very tight WNBA market?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Queen Egbo Declares She's Ready for Next Stage

With Na'lyssa Smith and the Queen exiting the court, Nikki Collen is going to need some seasoned -- and good -- bigs. Or, with Texas heading to the SEC, does she remake Baylor into a less front-court centric team? In any case, stay tuned.

As for the Queen, hmmm. GM's are always looking for bigs, but is she even at the stage of taking one of the very few remaining roster spots in what is a very tight WNBA market?

I believe themarket for big will be crowded next year, including Boston and Ayoka Lee.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I believe themarket for big will be crowded next year, including Boston and Ayoka Lee.
You're right, but I'm not sure she's at the developmental level she needs to be. I think she's gotten better and would've benefited from being the focal point of the front court next season with Na'Lyssa Smith moving on. Now, she's jumping in. While you rightly bringing up other top centers coming out in '23 (don't forget Czinano), I'm just wondering if Egbo can jump some 5--6 year vet who knows the ropes for a WNBA roster spot. A lot of these "gray" area players could benefit from another two teams being added to the WNBA. In the meantime, tough market....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're right, but I'm not sure she's at the developmental level she needs to be. I think she's gotten better and would've benefited from being the focal point of the front court next season with Na'Lyssa Smith moving on. Now, she's jumping in. While you rightly bring up other centers coming out in '23 (don't forget Czinano), I'm just wondering if Egbo can judge some 5--6 year vet who knows the ropes.
I don’t think Egbo should be concerned about Czinano, the W hasn’t been saturated with undersized posts from the BIG Ten. I do agree she should stay another year to get more development, although I’m not sure Collen is the right person for the job. Ironically, I believe the Iowa coaching staff would do wonders with Egbo

Reaction Score
I don’t think Egbo should be concerned about Czinano, the W hasn’t been saturated with undersized posts from the BIG Ten. I do agree she should stay another year to get more development, although I’m not sure Collen is the right person for the job. Ironically, I believe the Iowa coaching staff would do wonders with Egbo
Low post players outside of Fowles, and Griner are not very popular in the WNBA.
Most WNBA teams like their centers to be able to shoot from outside to spread the floor.
They don't have to shoot 3's, but have a mid range game, which Griner has developed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom