2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I remember the Terp fans were irate over the pod system. They had the Terps with Pitt, ND, Syracuse and BC and none of the original 6 rivals.

1) I actually don't remember that, but that was only for one season

2) The ACC had no reason to do any favors for Maryland that year, if they could have kicked yall out a year early.. they probably would have :mad:

Reaction Score
That's a pretty darn good non-conference for UCF with some dangerous opponents in there. 8-3 would be my best guess.
That's very optimistic. Tenn, Ark, Iowa are Ls. Some of USC, Seton Hall, Idaho St (22-4 last year), Belmont, Princeton probably as well.

I think 6-5.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That's very optimistic. Tenn, Ark, Iowa are Ls. Some of USC, Seton Hall, Idaho St (22-4 last year), Belmont, Princeton probably as well.

I think 6-5.
I won't argue the point, because it seems to me the issue is going to be how good UCF actually is this season. If they are actually decent, the 8-3 could be something to aim for. None of these teams are power-houses, including Idaho State, but who knows about UCF now, before the season even starts.

Reaction Score

I think 6-5.
If they get to 6-5 that would be impressive. More P5 schools should have such a challenging schedule lol

Reaction Score
UCF should be pretty good as they are returning everyone from last year and they were pretty decent then but I imagine that a lot of other schools will have most of their players back so not sure how much that will matter. UCF's capability to muck up the game will probably keep them in a lot of those games but whether they can win or not is definitely a question mark.

Reaction Score
I think UCF is coached well and is a program on the rise. Could be a challenge entering a new(P5) conference but will ultimately benefit their recruiting I think.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
floevans.gif

:(:(:(:(

Reaction Score
That just gives your future All American Day Wilson the opportunity to start. Really wish Lattimore had gone there, rather then Texas. Those two would have been great together. Maybe after being forced to be a center under Vic, she will transfer to play for Kara.
I think the pair splitting up is actually better for them long term. They need to show that they don't need to rely on each other to be successful.

They haven't been separated as team mates since they were 13/14 years This past summer is the first time I've even Day-Wilson play without Lattimore as her Post/Forward. She did show that she can handle the PG role to an extent. Still see her habit to be ball dominant being an issue, especially if she can't improve on her turnovers.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
South Dakota has a fabulous schedule. South Carolina, Northwestern, Drake, Bradley, TAMU, Oklahoma, Creighton. Someone needs to send this scheduler to Kim Mulkey!

2021-22 Women's Basketball Schedule - University of South Dakota Athletics
For a mid-major with aspirations of winning a couple in the NCAA's - and I think that describes the Dakota schools in general - this is how you do it. You expose your team to better teams, and, oh, hope to sneak one. Which they have done.

Coaches have to finesse a lot in thinking about schedules. Competitive, but not so competitive as to suffer too many losses for an at-large bid (for the major conferences, anyway). For teams, regardless of conference, not to play opponents that are so good you really don't learn anything other than "we're not". But to play opponents that do challenge your team. As always, to prepare for the postseason. And lots of other stuff, too.

It is not easy. Then you have schools like Arizona and others in the PAC that have difficulty attracting opponents from the East due to travel costs. And the old - want to play you when you are "ok" at best, not so much when you are "good".

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sorry. I hate injuries.
I believe I read somewhere Dukes other 2 pg's have very limited D1 game experience.
Hope it works out.

Well one PG started and played well last season... but only played four games.

The other PG is an incoming freshman. We do have a senior off guard in Goodchild, but I guess she could play the point in limited minutes.

That just gives your future All American Day Wilson the opportunity to start. Really wish Lattimore had gone there, rather then Texas. Those two would have been great together. Maybe after being forced to be a center under Vic, she will transfer to play for Kara.

It might sound bad, but I would have much rather have Oliver tear her ACL than her Achilles. I think that's the worst injury an athlete can have. The thing with Oliver is that she is 5'10 and strong on defense. Our other PG's are 5'5 and 5'8 and not known for their defense (at least not yet)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think that's the worst injury an athlete can have.
Recovering from ACLs is a LOT better than it used to be, but still really sets an athlete back. Stewart and Plum came back from Achilles tears in a year or less, both better than ever. Maybe limited data, but I think ACL is still a much worse injury than Achilles.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Recovering from ACLs is a LOT better than it used to be, but still really sets an athlete back. Stewart and Plum came back from Achilles tears in a year or less, both better than ever. Maybe limited data, but I think ACL is still a much worse injury than Achilles.
Surprising to hear that. Did they have only a partial tear? Recovery from a complete Achilles rupture is usually a year, plus more time to be all the way back (if you ever get there).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Surprising to hear that. Did they have only a partial tear? Recovery from a complete Achilles rupture is usually a year, plus more time to be all the way back (if you ever get there).
I'm uncertain of the severity of the tear for each of them.

I know athletes are coming back from ACLs in less than a year in some cases now, but it does seem to take an additional year or more to get back to 100%, if they ever do.

Reaction Score
Jadyn Donovan (#10-2023) and Kendall Dudley (#3-2024) are both at ND this weekend! (Jadyn’s IG story). Both go to Sitwell Friends in DC (Same as Rice) Dudley’s mom is the HS coach! BIG that these girls are at ND with Niele. As some people I’ve seen online is that she can’t get recruits. She’s done it now with them two and KK Arnold/Bransford. ND’s coaching staff must have checked them out at DC over this past week due to Kendalls mom’s tweet.

Reaction Score
Jadyn Donovan (#10-2023) and Kendall Dudley (#3-2024) are both at ND this weekend! (Jadyn’s IG story). Both go to Sitwell Friends in DC (Same as Rice) Dudley’s mom is the HS coach! BIG that these girls are at ND with Niele. As some people I’ve seen online is that she can’t get recruits. She’s done it now with them two and KK Arnold/Bransford. ND’s coaching staff must have checked them out at DC over this past week due to Kendalls mom’s tweet.
Just cause they are there doesn’t mean they are committing

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know yet whether Ivey can recruit or not. She hasn't signed anyone yet but she has at least generated a lot of interest and made some recruits "final" lists. As for Arnold and Bransford she has a 1/12 chance of signing them....so kind of early to call that as is the case for the two who were visiting today.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Alyssa Thomas tore her Achilles overseas in January and had surgery and just played in a WNBA game this past week. No place I saw referred to it as anything but a “tear”. So I assumed full.

Reaction Score
I know those recruits are just there for visits. Some ND fans were just upset/worried that we haven’t seen any 2022-2023/24 recruits on campus yet, but now we have. That’s all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom