2020 off-season transfers | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
London Clarkson (FSU) is in the transfer portal. I liked her, she gave max effort and was aggressive, good player.

It would be appreciated if you could provide the source.

Interestingly on 17 Apr Hoopfeed tweeted saying there were 502 players in the portal.

Around that time Raoul tweeted a list of Transfers which totaled 280 players (now up to 292 source).

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It would be appreciated if you could provided the source.

Interestingly on 17 Apr Hoopfeed tweeted saying there were 502 players in the portal.

Around that time Raoul tweeted a list of Transfers which totaled 280 players (now up to 292 source).
Her own twitter tweet:

Reaction Score
I must say that having UCONN fans on the other side of this board coveting Lucy Cochrane is a bit of reversal of fortunes. Go for it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I must say that having UCONN fans on the other side of this board coveting Lucy Cochrane is a bit of reversal of fortunes. Go for it.
Not sure "coveting" is the right phrase vs. "best of the rest" options... :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Worth the gamble. Sometimes you get buried in one situation and that motivates you when you go to another situation

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was covered previously in this thread, but Tara announced earlier this week that Anna Wilson will be returning for a fifth year next year (YAY! Hard to think of anyone who deserves an extra year more, given all she's been through in terms of injuries and missed playing time). Previously, that would have precluded Dijonai Carrington from returning, but there's now a scholly spot open since Estella Moschkau is grad transferring to Wisconsin. No idea whether that was a potential cause for her to explore the grad transfer, but provided there's a grad program for her at Stanford that she's interested in and can get admitted to, there's a spot open if she wants back in. There is basically zero chance Stanford pursues a grad transfer or inbound transfer, so the scholly will likely go unfilled if she decides to finish her collegiate career elsewhere.

If Dijonai C. and Coach T. agree that Carrington can step back through the portal, that would be a win-win for all concerned. And I'm including Estella Moschkau, who is back home in Wisconsin, hopefully studying something she likes a bunch in grad school at Madison and will most certainly get a better chance of meaningful PT with the Badgers.

Reaction Score
As the doors begin to close on many teams' seasons, the window (or portal) opens to the usual stream of transfer announcements.

I'll try to compile a list of more-or-less significant transfers here (my subjective call). I'm also folding in the still pending midseason transfers from this thread. Where I'm able to find a news item on the announced departure or commitment, I've linked it in the right two columns (contributions welcome).

PlayerCurrent class, stats
^ grad transfer
Departing fromNew school
Jayla AlexanderFr., 5'9" guardOle MissGeorgetown
Jorie AllenFr., 6'1" wingIndiana
Shakira AustinSoph., 6'5" forwardMarylandOle Miss
Azana BainesFr., 6'1" guardDuke
Trinity Baptiste^ Jr., 6'0" forwardVirginia TechArizona
Kierstan BellFr., 6'1" guardOhio State
Kayla BellesSoph., 6'3" forwardMichigan StateBYU
Sara BejediFr., 5'7" guardArizona StateFlorida State
Robyn BentonSoph., 5'9" guardAuburnKentucky
Katie Benzan^ Sr., 5'6" guardHarvardMaryland
Niya BeverleyJr., 5'7" guardWisconsin
Chloe BibbyJr., 6'1" wingMississippi StateMaryland
Essence BookerSoph., 5'8" guardNevada
Leigha BrownSoph., 6'1" wingNebraskaMichigan
Deja Cage^ RS Jr., 5'8" guardOle Miss
Nicole Cardaño-HillaryJr., 5'7" guardGeorge MasonIndiana
DiJonai Carrington^ Sr., 5'11" wingStanford
Jasmine CarsonSoph., 5'10" guardGeorgia TechWest Virginia
Mi'Cole Cayton^ RS Jr., 5'9" guardCalNebraska
Andrea Cecil^ Sr., 6'1" forwardBowling GreenFlorida Gulf Coast
Emma ClarkeSoph., 6'1" guardColoradoTexas Tech
Lucy CochraneFr., 6'5" forwardOregon
McKenna Dale?RS Soph., 6'0" guardBrown (withdrew?)
Maori DavenportFr., 6'4" centerRutgersGeorgia
Alana DavisJr., 6'2" forwardMemphis
Asiah DingleSoph., 5'4" guardKent StateStony Brook
Rokia DoumbiaSoph., 5'9" guardArkansas
Lauren EboSoph., 6'4" forwardPenn StateTexas
Tiana England^ RS Jr., 5'7" guardSt. John'sFlorida State
Karla ErjavecSoph., 5'10" guardWyomingMiami (FL)
Jayla EverettSoph., 5'10" guardNew MexicoPitt
Courtney Fredrickson^ RS Jr., 6'2" wingWisconsinDePaul
A'Tyanna Gaulden^ RS Jr., 5'7" guardArkansas
Sydney Goodson^ Jr., 5'8" guardTexas TechKansas State
Steph GormanSoph., 6'0" guardUtah State
Da'Ja Green^ Jr., 5'6" guardWoffordVirginia Tech
Zaay GreenRS Fr., 6'0" guardTennessee
Keyen Green^ RS Jr., 6'1" forwardLibertyTennessee
D'Asia GreggSoph., 6'2" forwardFlorida State (JC)
Lauren HansenFr., 5'8" guardAuburnMissouri
Jayla HemingwayFr., 5'8" guardMississippi StateWest Virginia
Petra Holešínská^ RS Jr., 5'10" guardIllinoisNorth Carolina
Erin HowardSoph., 6'1" wingAuburnFlorida State
Tori HydukeRS Fr., 5'6" guardGeorge Washington
Erin Jones^ RS Jr., 6'1" wingRhode IslandNorth Florida
Loretta KakalaRS Soph., 6'2" centerPacific
Nikola KovacikovaSoph., 5'11" guardGeorgetown
Kyra Lambert^ Gr., 5'9" guardDukeTexas
Imani LucySoph., 6'0" forwardNevada
Dara MabreySoph., 5'7" guardVirginia Tech
Ellie Mack^ Sr., 6'3" forwardBucknellOregon State
Marissa MackinsSoph., 5'8" guardTemple
Destiny MarshallRS Soph., 5'10" guardJacksonville
Jazmine MassengillSoph., 6'0" guardTennesseeKentucky
Taylor MikesellSoph., 5'11" guardMaryland
Kayla MokwuahSoph., 6'4" centerGeorge Washington
Brooke MooreSoph., 5'7" guardAuburnPurdue
Alexis MorrisRS Soph., 5'6" guardRutgers
Karly Murphy^ RS Soph., 6'1" forwardGreen BayColorado State
Abby O'ConnorJr., 6'0" wingLoyola ChicagoGonzaga
Jaden OwensFr., 5'8" guardUCLA
Olivia OwensSoph., 6'4" centerMaryland
Irekpitan Ozzy-MomoduJr., 6'2" centerRobert Morris
Ryann PayneSoph., 5'6" guardTCULSU
Enna PehadzicJr., 5'9" guardSouth FloridaVanderbilt
Destiny PittsJr., 5'10" guardMinnesota
Briyanah RichardsonSoph., 5'6" guardSt. Peter's
Danielle SanderlinJr., 6'0" forwardCanisius
Destiny Slocum^ RS Jr., 5'8" guardOregon StateArkansas
Alisia SmithJr., 6'3" forwardPenn StateMichigan State
Aaliyah StanleyFr., 5'5" guardEastern Michigan
Taylor SuttonSoph., 5'3" guardMiddle TennesseeAlabama
Caterrion Thompson^ RS Jr., 5'10" guardBowling Green
Ashtyn VerbeekSoph., 6'2" forwardNebraskaDordt (NAIA)
Tereza VitulováJr., 6'2" forwardWyomingSouth Florida
Holly WinterburnFr., 5'10" guardOregonUC Davis
Bendu YeaneyJr., 5'10" guardIndianaArizona
Jazmine YoungSoph., 5'8" guardTennessee StateBuffalo
Who can fathom why some players transfer. Take Emma Clarke moving from Colorado where she was a starter on an up and coming team to an average Texas Tech team, citing the professionalism at Tech and the ability to better pursue her academic career. That has to be a knock on Colorado coaching staff. As for academics, Tech will no doubt be less strenuous. So I don’t buy it. If there is a major personality clash at the root, then I would hope she gets immediate eligibility. If not, we’ll...

Reaction Score
Who can fathom why some players transfer. Take Emma Clarke moving from Colorado where she was a starter on an up and coming team to an average Texas Tech team, citing the professionalism at Tech and the ability to better pursue her academic career. That has to be a knock on Colorado coaching staff. As for academics, Tech will no doubt be less strenuous. So I don’t buy it. If there is a major personality clash at the root, then I would hope she gets immediate eligibility. If not, we’ll...
Yeah, but who would want to live in Boulder when they could live in Lubbock?? :cool::cool:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Was pretty sure Jaden Owens would transfer to a school in Texas. The only thing that surprises me about her choosing Baylor is that if she redshirts this coming season, she would then be a (redshirt) sophomore along with sophomore PG Sarah Andrews in 2021-22.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Was pretty sure Jaden Owens would transfer to a school in Texas. The only thing that surprises me about her choosing Baylor is that if she redshirts this coming season, she would then be a (redshirt) sophomore along with sophomore PG Sarah Andrews in 2021-22.

Definitely surprised by her picking Baylor unless one can play well off the ball. Creates a bit of a logjam there.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm confused, but I think it's kind of interesting that Baylor and UCLA have basically swapped two Plano West HS players. Natalie Chou (Baylor to UCLA) and now Jaden Ownes (UCLA to Baylor).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not sure if I saw this posted since Saturday, but Oregon State picked up the services of Ellie Mack, the grad transfer from Bucknell, who seems to have a bit of Bella Alarie in her game. With Kennedy Brown still in recuperation status, this is one of those subtle signings.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Definitely surprised by her picking Baylor unless one can play well off the ball. Creates a bit of a logjam there.
I think they both can play shooting guard. I'm sure they'll play whatever necessary to see court time. Of course, if they both see themselves as PG's beyond college, then I'm sure both want to see max time at the point at Baylor.

What it could do is have an effect on the 2021 in-state point guards (Kyndall Hunter and Rori Harmon) when it comes to playing time at Baylor at the point for their first 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The emphasis seems to be on the coaching staff, "success on the court" and "friendliness". Academics got thrown in as an afterthought:

"Simply put, there was not a better fit for me than Texas Tech," Clarke said. "My decision came down to the professionalism of the coaching staff, their proven success on the basketball court and their friendliness off the court. At Texas Tech, I will be given the best resources to reach my full potential academically and athletically. I cannot wait to continue my college career as a Lady Raider!"​

Reaction Score
I think they both can play shooting guard. I'm sure they'll play whatever necessary to see court time. Of course, if they both see themselves as PG's beyond college, then I'm sure both want to see max time at the point at Baylor.

What it could do is have an effect on the 2021 in-state point guards (Kyndall Hunter and Rori Harmon) when it comes to playing time at Baylor at the point for their first 2-3 years.
Baylor can't have too many point guards it seems. They lose one every year lately. Lol. See Morris and Scott Grayson.

Reaction Score
I think being at Baylor for any player other than a PF or C is an interesting situation since you know going into it that you'll never be the focus. From my observations, being a PG means you only bring the ball up and dump it inside. Don't get me wrong, Baylor is very successful. I just wonder how a UConn type PG would feel in an atmosphere like that. Doesn't seem very creative. Just my opinion from a person who loves a motion offense.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Umm, not sold that Colorado is an up and coming team as they built their 16-14 record with 11 wins in the OOC of a SoS of #285-pathetic. They were 1-9 in Q1, 1-2 in Q1 so that's 2-11 against the top 100 teams. That is NOT up and coming. That said, she's moving to an even more garish team run by Stollings that built 11 wins in the OOC of a Sos of #351-even MORE pathetic than Colorado. So to me, whoever Emma Clarke is, best of luck but I am indifferent to whatever she does...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Jorie Allen is transferring from Indiana to DePaul.
Another good get for coach Bruno.

Allen's father and uncle both played for Ray Meyer at DePaul.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Kind of surprised there's still no decision from Destiny Pitts of Minnesota; I mean, she is on her own timetable, but, left the team and entered her name in the transfer portal back in January, I believe.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I think being at Baylor for any player other than a PF or C is an interesting situation since you know going into it that you'll never be the focus. From my observations, being a PG means you only bring the ball up and dump it inside. Don't get me wrong, Baylor is very successful. I just wonder how a UConn type PG would feel in an atmosphere like that. Doesn't seem very creative. Just my opinion from a person who loves a motion offense.

Did you watch them this season? Cooper was a leader in scoring and led team in FGA by a pretty big amount. Torched UCONN too. Chloe Jackson the year before was a double digit scorer and put up 29 in the title game on 25 shots. Year before they had Kristi Wallace who averaged 13ppg from the point guard spot. Definitely a lot more going on at the PG spot than just bringing the ball up and dumping it inside.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Baylor can't have too many point guards it seems. They lose one every year lately. Lol. See Morris and Scott Grayson.

Neither one wanted to leave, both were kicked off for violations. Seems more of a unique issue to those players than a revolving door issue like we're see at Maryland for example.

Reaction Score
Neither one wanted to leave, both were kicked off for violations. Seems more of a unique issue to those players than a revolving door issue like we're see at Maryland for example.
I agree with that but it still shows that nothing is guaranteed and anything can happen.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I agree with that but it still shows that nothing is guaranteed and anything can happen.

Yeah but that's the case at literally any school. Baylor's 2 getting kicked off doesn't make it any more likely that they lose PGs in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom