2020 off-season transfers | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not necessarily a transfer, but 2020 signee Deyona Gaston is coming to Texas instead of Miss. State.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily a transfer, but 2020 signee Deyona Gaston is coming to Texas instead of Miss. State.

She has been radio silent since Coach Schaefer left. She was always a big mystery when she first signed as she was ranked number one in her class her freshman year before a knee injury. My understanding is she is recovering and almost back to her old form. If so she will play a lot day one.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So bummed to report this but... here it goes, another Maryland transfer

Instagram post by Taylor Mikesell • Apr 16, 2020 at 9:33pm UTC

Dang I know I defend Brenda on here but seriously, why can't she keep her good players? Look at the defects from this past decade:

2011: Natasha Cloud-played as a frosh, transfers and has strong career at St. Joseph's, becomes starting PG on WNBA title team.

2015: Lexie Brown-becomes AA at Duke and WNBA player (she was an AA at Maryland)

2017: Kiara Leslie-becomes a star at NC State and first round WNBA draft pick

2017: Kiah Gillespie-becomes a star at Florida State and likely late first round/early 2nd round draft pick

2017: Destiny Slocum-NFOY, transfers and is HM AA at OSU

2017: Jenna Staiti-transfers and averages 12/6.6 per game at Georgia as a junior

2020: Shakira Austin-stud her first 2 years and transfers to 7-23 Ole Miss

2020: Taylor Mikesell-Big Ten FOY and All Big Ten, transfers after sophomore year

All but 1 are within the last 5 years, and every one of these players has been an absolute stud in college. If anyone had an All-Transfer squad, Maryland's definitely takes the cake.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She has been radio silent since Coach Schaefer left. She was always a big mystery when she first signed as she was ranked number one in her class her freshman year before a knee injury. My understanding is she is recovering and almost back to her old form. If so she will play a lot day one.
There was a clue today that Gaston and Lambert were headed to Texas as the TexasWBB twitter account started following both of them today; that never happens (at least not by the prior staff). So, I'll be watching that to see if someone else starts getting followed. Although, it didn't happen with this week's earlier commit in Penn State transfer, Lauren Ebo.

Reaction Score
Well, if her twitter account is any indication, it will be UCLA, Arizona, or Arkansas as she is following coaches from those programs.
Hmmm... I could see Arizona, move McDonald to the shooting guard position. But I feel like AZ has a solid starting 5 already in place. Let me look at the roster

Reaction Score

I think Madison is going to stay at MSU which is big

Reaction Score
Missouri’s Robin Pingeton has teased some good news from a few transfers should be coming soon.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, if her twitter account is any indication, it will be UCLA, Arizona, or Arkansas as she is following coaches from those programs.

Dang, 2 out of 3 in the Pac 12. I'm sure OSU players/staff/fans are hoping not to have to face her multiple times wherever she ends up.

The narrative on message boards seems to be that she wants to go somewhere that she'll have more control of the team and be able to put up big numbers. All 3 of those schools are returning some decent fire power. Arizona especially, it's gonna be Ari's team, no way Slocum would be the featured player there. Maybe the narrative is completely off base?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The narrative on message boards seems to be that she wants to go somewhere that she'll have more control of the team and be able to put up big numbers. All 3 of those schools are returning some decent fire power. Arizona especially, it's gonna be Ari's team, no way Slocum would be the featured player there. Maybe the narrative is completely off base?
Key word being "narrative" -- message boards are typically long on facile speculation and spin, but short on known facts when it comes to the motivations behind a transfer.

Reaction Score
Rueck said the door is wide open for Slocum to return if she would wish to do so. I think Arkansas is a very good fit for Slocum to maximize her skills and potentially improve her WNBA stock.

Reaction Score
Maybe Lauren Hansen? Not sure who else is a possibility.

Hansen liked one of the tweets Pingeton made, so safe to assume she is one. Regarding the tweet Pingeton made about 30 minutes ago, I’m not sure.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Key word being "narrative" -- message boards are typically long on facile speculation and spin, but short on known facts when it comes to the motivations behind a transfer.

What?! You're kidding, right. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Rueck said the door is wide open for Slocum to return if she would wish to do so. I think Arkansas is a very good fit for Slocum to maximize her skills and potentially improve her WNBA stock.
Yes she could take over Tolefree’s role last season & be a new splash sister with Ramirez. Plenty of scoring to go around in that Arkansas run & gun offense.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
ok I am taking a risk but could anything on the MD transfers have to do with the fact that it is one of the ugliest schools in creation? not ALL on Brenda?

Reaction Score

Have heard a rumor that there is an ACC school in the mix, as well. One that could use a lot of experience.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Have heard a rumor that there is an ACC school in the mix, as well. One that could use a lot of experience.
My bad. I forgot to mention that she has also been following North Carolina's head coach.

Reaction Score
My bad. I forgot to mention that she has also been following North Carolina's head coach.
I am not doubting you at all, but the ACC school I heard the rumor about was ND. Absolutely no ability to verify the rumor - just had heard it was likely to be ND or an SEC school. *shrug*

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I am not doubting you at all, but the ACC school I heard the rumor about was ND. Absolutely no ability to verify the rumor - just had heard it was likely to be ND or an SEC school. *shrug*
twitter following is not an absolute indicator, that's for sure. I'm sure there's more reliable information out there than what I gleaned from her twitter.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Don't fall for it, Destiny! She's sellin' a bill of goods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom