2020 off-season transfers | Page 29 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In Big East news:
- Jayla Alexander is transferring to Georgetown
- Shaila Beeler (IU) is doing a year at JUCO, but has already committed to Xavier.

Jayla Alexander from Ole Miss?

Reaction Score
Jayla Alexander from Ole Miss?
Jayla Alexander was an in state product who I think originally committed to a non power five school before a good senior year caught Coach Yo's attention, plus she needed the players. Georgetown isn't a great program but is a terrific university so maybe she wanted a more quality academic experience.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
he does as does Walz, but they win
Wait, what? What exactly has mighty Vic won that Jeff hasn't? Vic has one SEC title, 2 regular season titles and two Championship runner-ups while Jeff, in a much tougher conference has 1 ACC Title, 3 regular season titles and 2 runner up finishes? Glad you support your SEC brethren but to me, until Vic can win something without McCowan, he is squarely behind Jeff. At least Jeff will play a good OOC vs. Vic's pathetic, yes PATHETIC OOC.

Rant over. ..

Reaction Score
Wait, what? What exactly has mighty Vic won that Jeff hasn't? Vic has one SEC title, 2 regular season titles and two Championship runner-ups while Jeff, in a much tougher conference has 1 ACC Title, 3 regular season titles and 2 runner up finishes? Glad you support your SEC brethren but to me, until Vic can win something without McCowan, he is squarely behind Jeff. At least Jeff will play a good OOC vs. Vic's pathetic, yes PATHETIC OOC.

Rant over. ..
I think “they” referred to Walz and Vic...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Frese is a total fraud, she gets players with false promises and cannot coach at all. She has probably more assistant coach turnover than any other coach in the country. She blames the assistants for the team underachieving in the NCAA tournament. They have enough talent to make and compete in the final 4 every year, however, she has only done it once....none without Walz
A bit excessive aren't we? Stop with the excessive rant. Being objective, lets present some facts first-there are plenty of coaches who won titles with high quality assistants on the bench-Gary Blair with Vic Schaeffer, Pat Summitt with Micki DeMoss, Geno with CD, Carolyn Peck took over a Nell Fortner team and won but then left as she was evidently not loved by her team are just a few. Also Joanne Bernabe-McNamee was also on Brenda's staff that year. Yes, Brenda does have coaching turnover but so did Pat Summitt. Add in the fact that Brenda keeps winning with changes in coaching and in player transfers, she must be doing something right. Look at other high profile coaches who have nothing on their resume to compare to Brenda's-Karen Aston, Cori Close, Scott Rueck, Doug Bruno, Gail Gostenkors, Kevin McGuff. So yes, she is not the easiest person to like maybe, but whether you, me or any other BYers like her, she wins and at an exceptionally high rate within a P5 conference. She did, after all hire Jeff so she must know talent. Heck, while many laud me for the wife I was lucky to get they may not be so kind to her on her choice. You want frauds-look at Holly Warlick, Steph White or JPM. Those are frauds who took over programs and ran them into the ground....

Reaction Score

Rant over. ..

You are misunderstanding me. I wasn’t saying Vic is better than Jeff. Jeff has accomplished much more. I was just saying they over load rosters and usually win a lot of games (not necessarily titles). Vics OOC scheduling is pathetic but his results are good overall, and the fact that they did it at a place like MSU is impressive. His players develop pretty well.

vic now has no excuses not to win big now being at a program like Texas where it’s much easier to sell from a recruiting standpoint and with more resources. The state is also annually loaded with top talent

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Neighbors tweeted one of the things he tweets when he gets a commit, Slocum to Arkansas?

Wanted to see what magic symbol he is using, One good thing about going to Arkansas. You definitely learn your animal kingdom. ;)

1587235059155.png

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Neighbors tweeted one of the things he tweets when he gets a commit, Slocum to Arkansas?
Arkansas asst. coach, Pauline Love, just started following Slocum on twitter. Might mean something . . . or not . . .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Will be a fun team to watch. Slocum Definitely using up her frequent flier miles. ;)

Reaction Score
So none of the graduate guards went to Baylor..any news on Carrington?

I think Baylor can survive with Andrews at PG, she is really good, but they need more shooters. Smith/Egbo/Gusters should be a great force inside but other players will need to step up (J. Oliver, Bickel, Ursin, Richards) from the guard position. Shame Scott Grayson and Decosta transferred, they would have had much bigger roles this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard a rumor T. Mikesell was in talks with Texas Tech, that would be interesting.

Reaction Score
Guess MSU & MD did swap out for Bibby lol (if Owens ends up going to MSU)

Would be a great pick up for them. Morris will be gone the following year and Carter will be a senior. With 3 years of eligibility left that be ideal for MSU.

I have yet to see a 'bad' Maryland transfer. Brenda produces top tier transfer talents ;)

Reaction Score
Just noticed Olivia Owens started following Nikki McCray. MSU fans... ;)
There is a bit more action on her instagram, where Duke, Boston College, Penn State, and Northwestern players/coaches have all started following her.
It’ll be interesting to see where she lands.

Reaction Score
There is a bit more action on her instagram, where Duke, Boston College, Penn State, and Northwestern players/coaches have all started following her.
It’ll be interesting to see where she lands.

The transfer portal so far this year has been unpredictable. Interested in where she lands. Very talented kid, would be a great grab for anyone.

She is from up north, not sure if she would want to go south but crazier things have happened.

Reaction Score
I believe 10 of the 2019 espnW Hoopgurlz top-100 have transferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom