2020 off-season transfers | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Austin to Ole Miss is a headscratcher if I've ever seen one. Going for a legitimate title threat to a team that went 7-23 overall and 0-16 in conference play....not seeing what the benefit is for her other than being a massive fish in a tiny pond. I don't see as a smart move if she's wanting to develop her game or improve draft stock.

Reaction Score
Austin to Ole Miss is a headscratcher if I've ever seen one. Going for a legitimate title threat to a team that went 7-23 overall and 0-16 in conference play....not seeing what the benefit is for her other than being a massive fish in a tiny pond. I don't see as a smart move if she's wanting to develop her game or improve draft stock.
Another poster stated that the associate head coach for Maryland is now at Ole Miss. I’m sure that was a big factor. I’m also sure that they were completely accommodating to her request regarding her position and such.

Reaction Score

Her fathers words on why she transferred and her decision of the school she transferred to do not add up at all. She wanted to go to a school where she can do almost anything she wants to "expand her game". At a program like Ole Miss who is desperate for anything at this point, she will likely be able to accomplish that and more with very little restrictions which is what she wanted all along.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
There have been quite a few transfers who have announced their decision on their new school, in addition to a number of high school commits, since the shut down. Obviously none of them were visiting schools during this time.

Tampering is a real issue, I think it probably happens all the time, hard to prove though. In this case though I think singling out Frese/Maryland over this is a non starter.
??? That is pretty much one of the things that Frese (and Mulkey) have taken a lot of heat for from "sources" over the years. True or not, who knows, but I can see why it popped to mind.

OTH, I do agree, probably not an issue at this time.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Weird that it took this long to get her name in the portal. Her name was 404'd from the Rutgers online roster over a full month ago, and Stringer confirmed she was off the team in an article published March 20.

That makes sense.
She was apparently removed for medical reasons. Know no details, it was discussed briefly on the Rutgers board, apparently she was at some point in the hospital.

What this has to do with the transfer, I have no idea, but I would say sources cited at the time were reliable.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kyra Lambert to Texas.

laptop.gif

welp, thats enough of the Boneyard for today

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was half expecting her to end up at Texas before the Lambert announcement.
Lambert is from the San Antonio area, and her high school (Schertz Clemens) is about 60 miles away from the UT campus, just a quick ride up I-35 (barring traffic, of course) for any family members or friends from back home.

Reaction Score
Lambert is from the San Antonio area, and her high school (Schertz Clemens) is about 60 miles away from the UT campus, just a quick ride up I-35 (barring traffic, of course) for any family members or friends from back home.
Thanks. I saw that. I think I mentioned on another post tgat there was talk that Coach Schaefer had a grad transfer point guard coming to Mississippi State before he left. I bet this (Lambert) was her.

Reaction Score
You just know Mulkey is going hard after her. Doesn't strike me as a particularly good fit, but it could happen.
Or she could end up somewhere that nobody’s expecting like a Texas A&M b/c of a school’s star player leaving by means of the draft or transfer. I think Slocum wants to be the #1 option wherever she transfers too.

Reaction Score
You just know Mulkey is going hard after her. Doesn't strike me as a particularly good fit, but it could happen.

is Andrews coming off an ACL? I know Mulkey has brought in point guards back to back, but I don’t think she really needs a graduate transfer this time around, remember Sims started as a freshman.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm anxious to see where Slocum ends up at

Other than conjecturing on message boards, I haven't seen anything about her. She seems to be playing it close to the vest.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang, another one from Maryland? Maybe Mikesell wants to be the PG and sees that it's gonna be Owusu primarily for the foreseeable future.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
?? That is pretty much one of the things that Frese (and Mulkey) have taken a lot of heat for from "sources" over the years. True or not, who knows, but I can see why it popped to mind.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of the rumblings about either of these coaches. I think this kind of stuff, when it does happen, is thru back channels so it can't really come back to the HC.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Oh yes, TAYLOR MIKESELL. Can we do Mikesell and Bibby trade?

Not that I want Bibby to leave, btw. Just that given the circumstances, the best I can hope for is that.

Reaction Score
Dang, another one from Maryland? Maybe Mikesell wants to be the PG and sees that it's gonna be Owusu primarily for the foreseeable future.
I think just the opposite. I think she wanted to be on the wing shooting 3s.

Reaction Score

considering Andrews is coming off a major knee injury. I wouldn’t blame her. We all thought copper could be a bad fit at Baylor but it seemed to workout for both parties. Kim is usually really good with PGs

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
All of a sudden, Vic has 14 players on his roster. It's amazing how fast he overloads a roster. He did that here, and now he's doing it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom