2020 off-season transfers | Page 24 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So nobody mentioning Shakira Austin to ole Miss
... official announcement or twitter follows? If true, what a downgrade unless she knows of some other high profile transfers coming in with her at Ole Miss.

Reaction Score
... official announcement or twitter follows? If true, what a downgrade unless she knows of some other high profile transfers coming in with her at Ole Miss.
Ole Miss hired one of Brenda’s assistant coaches, recently.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200415-203641.png

Reaction Score
Yep, you’re right, Shay Robinson I think

Yes Shay Robinson was hired as an assistant coach. Makes me wonder if maybe he was the one assigned to recruit her to Maryland or maybe her position coach while at Maryland. Whatever the case it seems as though there is some familiarity in the situation.

Reaction Score
Big shocker! Like I said in the other thread, “I guess Yolette is the only one who promised her that she’d be a guard.”
I think her moving on wasn't all about being a stretch 4. Maybe more about playing time and not being option within the offense. Just a guess.

Reaction Score
Yes Shay Robinson was hired as an assistant coach. Makes me wonder if maybe he was the one assigned to recruit her to Maryland or maybe her position coach while at Maryland. Whatever the case it seems as though there is some familiarity in the situation.
Yep sounds like a packaged deal to me.

Reaction Score
I think her moving on wasn't all about being a stretch 4. Maybe more about playing time and not being option within the offense. Just a guess.
Seems like she was going to be the go to option next season if not one of the top options with Charles & Jones graduating unless she thought Angel Reese was going to take away scoring from her.

Reaction Score
Well Shakira will be able to do whatever she wants as she pleases on a team like that. Which is IMO what she wanted more all along.
Right. She’ll easily average a double double (in the non-con), but will most likely never see the NCAA tournament again unless Ole Miss pulls an Oregon and signs a franchise player like Ionescu.

Reaction Score
Right. She’ll easily average a double double (in the non-con), but will most likely never see the NCAA tournament again unless Ole Miss pulls an Oregon and signs a franchise player like Ionescu.

I guess they could turn turn the corner in 2021-2022 if they sign another great class this coming year. Ole Miss did sign a great class last fall including 2 five star players but they seem to have issues with attrition every year. Their star signee from 2019 class, Tai-Yanna Jackson from removed from the team before school started. They haven't been able to sustain a roster in years. If they ever expect to get back, they have to get over that hurdle. Ole Miss has had to heavily rely on JUCO transfers and walk on's just to field a team in recent years.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Transfer from Long Beach State. Will have 3 years remaining. She's out of Cary.... played with the Key Sisters at CHS.

Hopefully she has more of an impact than she did with The Beach, where she scored a grand total of 2 points in 5 games and 21 minutes played.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Probably the busiest single day of significant transfer destination announcements this offseason:

Bibby
Benzan
Davenport
England
Winterburn
Massengill
Benton
Mack
White
Murphy
Dingle

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Probably the busiest single day of significant transfer announcements this offseason:

Bibby
Benzan
England
Winterburn
Massengill
Benton
Mack
White
I was wondering if since kids didn't have any visits and uniform pictures to post, many of them were just waiting until the signing announcement to publicize their school?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Alexis Morris (Baylor, Rutgers) has entered the portal
Weird that it took this long to get her name in the portal. Her name was 404'd from the Rutgers online roster over a full month ago, and Stringer confirmed she was off the team in an article published March 20.
I was wondering if since kids didn't have any visits and uniform pictures to post, many of them were just waiting until the signing announcement to publicize their school?
That makes sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Weird that it took this long to get her name in the portal. Her name was 404'd from the Rutgers online roster almost a full month ago, and Stringer confirmed she was off the team just a few days later (in an article published March 20).
There was a post that she had medically withdrawn herself from Rutgers. I feel bad for the kid -- she had in incredibly bright future ahead of her. Hope she can get back on track.

Plebe

Reaction Score
There was a post that she had medically withdrawn herself from Rutgers. I feel bad for the kid -- she had in incredibly bright future ahead of her. Hope she can get back on track.
I saw that too.

Does this mean she couldn't continue taking classes due to medical reasons?

If so, maybe this opens the door to a potential waiver for a 6th year. Next season is year 4 of her 5-year clock.

Reaction Score
Wow. What a waste.
They are bringing in Madison Scott, I believe her team upset Fudds team in the playoffs, she’s long an athletic, but looks more like a power forward then a true wing. I wonder how Austin will feel if she still ends up having to play the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom