2020 off-season transfers | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gaulden was injured during preseason and lost her starting spot to the Fr Daniels, though both saw considerable playing time during the season.

Have heard that Gaulden wants to return closer to home, even if she has to drop from a P5 conference level team.

Reaction Score
Texas beat out Maryland for Benzan in November. I guess Benzen asked for her release from Texas. Great pick up for Maryland even though they were already loaded at PG. They could use a post right now.

Reports from her home town area are that Vic told her she was free to find a spot somewhere else.

Reaction Score
The TeedUp guys are buddies with Coach Yo from her time at Jacksonville and don’t miss a chance to talk her up.

Reaction Score
And don't forget 6'4" Kennedy Brown.I have to say, there's something really funny about one of the shortest male coaches in WCBB having what is almost surely the tallest lineup. It's quite possible that the average player on his squad is 9 inches taller than he is...
Brown is listed at 6'6" and had ACL surgery in mid-March. The Beavs lost her to injury on February 7 and had to play small ball the remainder of the season. Brown will most likely redshirt during the '20-'21 season.

Reaction Score
I think her moving on wasn't all about being a stretch 4. Maybe more about playing time and not being option within the offense. Just a guess.
She got plenty of playing time. She had stated in high school that she wanted to play on the wing. She said that just because she's 6'5" she shouldn't automatically be a center.

Reaction Score
Any news as to where D. Mabrey from VT has ended up since she entered the transfer poll?

Reaction Score
She got plenty of playing time. She had stated in high school that she wanted to play on the wing. She said that just because she's 6'5" she shouldn't automatically be a center.

Yes she did get plenty of playing time and she also spent a lot of time on the bench. Her Substitutions and how they used her was mind boggling to me. She seem to drift with in the offense playing a lot of mid to high post with an occasional post up and crashing boards.
I think she would have gotten her wish to play more High post\perimeter with the addition of Mimi Collins.

Reaction Score
Looks like Kentucky program is banking off the talent of the FBC AAU program. Rhyne Howard, Treasure Hunt and new addition Jazmine Massengill. Kentucky's future looks promising.

Reaction Score
Looks like Kentucky program is banking off the talent of the FBC AAU program. Rhyne Howard, Treasure Hunt and new addition Jazmine Massengill. Kentucky's future looks promising.
They have potential to get hot in any given game especially with R Howard being such a mismatch on the perimeter. They beat Mississippi State badly by forcing 17 turnovers and scoring 20 points directly off those turnovers. However Kentucky has an issue with lack of size and they still haven’t addressed it. In the second game last season Mississippi State physically beat them into submission with Y Morris. While Y Morris improved over the course of the year she looked like Tiera McCowan was back in the building against Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Reports from her home town area are that Vic told her she was free to find a spot somewhere else.
He must feel good about a grad transfer point guard. I think I mentioned in another post that right before he left he supposedly had one that was going to be coming to Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
As bad as Ole Miss has been I have heard Coach Yo is a terrific lady and is probably trying to put her types of players on the team.

She basically inherited a bad situation. Insell wasn't very good yet the entire team bolted when he was terminated. She had to fill gaps where she could and the rebuild wont happen overnight.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
He must feel good about a grad transfer point guard. I think I mentioned in another post that right before he left he supposedly had one that was going to be coming to Mississippi State.
Wonder who that could be. The only that makes realistic sense to me is Kyra Lambert.

Reaction Score
Wonder who that could be. The only that makes realistic sense to me is Kyra Lambert.
Of course I am just speculating as the needs of the new program at Texas are most likely different than what he was needing at Mississippi State.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Of course I am just speculating as the needs of the new program at Texas are most likely different than what he was needing at Mississippi State.
I think it's safe to state that point guard is the biggest need at Texas for the coming season.

Reaction Score
I doubt she visited the campus. I’m not sure if she had visited or considered Maryland out of her equivalent of high school. Regardless her family is very well versed and active in the recruiting process. My guess is she has been considering this for a while and her family helped in researching when she returned home. She had to go to a boarding school back in Australia due to being from a small town so she is used to this type of thing.

For a while ? How so if Vic just left last week ? If she was unhappy with Vic then that makes total sense , but i didn't get that feeling. She seemed to enjoy playing at MSST.

Reaction Score
IG video post here
Seems like a move made to give her more shine . Kind of selfish , or from the articles ive read its more of her dad wanting it to be about her versus team ball . This will bring her draft stock down imo .

Reaction Score
Seems like a move made to give her more shine . Kind of selfish , or from the articles ive read its more of her dad wanting it to be about her versus team ball . This will bring her draft stock down imo .

I strongly disagree, her dad didn’t have anything bad to say about Maryland, and most kids have highlights on the internet.

Reaction Score
I don't think it was her dad. He was surprised that she announce the transfer. But I think it is a bad move for Shakira. And yes a very selfish move.

Reaction Score
For a while ? How so if Vic just left last week ? If she was unhappy with Vic then that makes total sense , but i didn't get that feeling. She seemed to enjoy playing at MSST.
She enjoyed Mississippi State and Coach Schaefer. However as the season progressed she was playing less and less during the second half of games. Against Kentucky and South Carolina in the SEC Tournament she played 13 and 12 minutes respectively. It was known prior to the end of the season that she wanted a situation where she could play more. Further, even if Coach Schaefer stayed, S Cooks would be eligible. With J Carter and Y Morris returning in the post and R Jackson and X Wiggins returning at the 3/4 there was a logjam. I think it was simply a numbers issue and no animosity at all.

Reaction Score
Shakira Austin to Ole Miss. She was promised that she can play on the wing like EDD and DeWanna Bonner.

Well I hope she develops a 3 point stroke like EDD & Bonner and work on them handles b/c based on my view from College Park... I’m not seeing “wing”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom