2020 off-season transfers | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Slocum to Maryland or Boise State??? Unlikely, but interesting post from her mother

Tweet now deleted, but reposted. Was talking about Destiny’s brother, not Destiny.

Reaction Score
I was late in noticing this tweet from an Illinois guy. Interesting to see the list of schools that were showing interest in Holesinska:

Didn’t she already commit to UNC? I believe it’s in the previous page

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Leigha Brown staying in the Big Ten, heading to Ann Arbor, which is about 2 hours from her hometown of Auburn, Indiana:

Reaction Score
Jorie Allen is transferring from IU (quite a few from there, it seems). She was ranked #52 in the class of 2019, and is the sister of former Michigan State player Jenna Allen.

Reaction Score
782EA00F-7BD4-4ABD-9F3B-246C780A6169.jpeg

Reaction Score
She was reportedly transferring regardless. Makes sense because she was the only one who didn’t seem to care he was leaving.

She was also likely losing her spot to Cooks.

Bingo

She could be a good pick up for someone if she can get back to where she was her sophomore year.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Well.... South Carolina had a mini-exodus last year and seemed relatively unaffected by it.

I'm resting on that lifeline while praying for this to stop. (people leaving, that is)

Reaction Score
Bingo

She could be a good pick up for someone if she can get back to where she was her sophomore year.
She will be great in a situation from two years ago where she isn’t the focal point of the offense and could be a help defender. Great person and player. For whatever reason I could see her at a west coast school like Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Well.... South Carolina had a mini-exodus last year and seemed relatively unaffected by it.

I'm resting on that lifeline while praying for this to stop. (people leaving, that is)
As long you don't lose your best players and bring in the #1 recruiting class or something similar, you guys should be good.

Reaction Score
In twitter stalking tonight, I noticed Shakira Austin started following SC coaches.

:eek:
If you can't beat them, join them. I guess Dawn can teach her how to be another Aja Wilson.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If you can't beat them, join them. I guess Dawn can teach her how to be another Aja Wilson.
Wasn't the point by Austin is she doesn’t want to be a traditional post like Brenda wanted her to be but prefers to be a wing or small forward type?

Reaction Score
Wasn't the point by Austin is she doesn’t want to be a traditional post like Brenda wanted her to be but prefers to be a wing or small forward type?
I believe you are correct that she did not want to be a post player. If I remember right I think her father talked about her wanting to develop her three-point shot to get her ready for the next level. However I don’t think it was clear whether or not that meant she wanted to play the three or instead play the four where she could have the ability to move back-and-forth.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the latest found of transfers (after scrolling for what seemed minutes of them on Raoul's site).

- Trinity Baptiste (6-0 JR forward, Tampa, FL) has announced that she's transferring from Virginia Tech WBB, looking to get closer to home. She averaged 9.5 PPG and 6.4 RPG during the 2019-20 season, earning ACC Sixth Player of the Year honors.

Dillon druthers (DD): Second hit following Dara Mabrey's leaving. I thought she was a fine player who will find a willing suitor in the Florida area. FSU is always open to transfers. UCF? South Florida?

- Another grad transfer from Stanford WBB: Estella Moschkau (6-1 JR wing, Madison, WI)
DD: Interesting for a few reasons. Stanford was short on scholarship players and many thought DiJonai Carrington might've left due to this (with Anna Wilson getting the last slot). Carrington was thought to be leaving (Maryland?), but could she come back from portal-land?

As for Moschkau, she was a good HS player who played sparingly but got a Stanford degree. If she wants to be close to home, she's a solid player with smarts and a good mid-range jumper. Wisconsin can use, well, anyone. Wonder if Megan Duffy would be open for a one-year player at Marquette?

— As for Chloe Bibby (6-1 JR forward, Warracknabeal) / Mississippi State: 7.5 PPG, 5.2 RPG in 2019-20 and Mississippi State.

DD: I read that she seemed to be headed out the door regardless if Vic S. left or not. I thought she had more than a solid 2018-19 and added something to that team. If she regain her strength/quickness from the injury, she could be a solid addition to a team looking for a steady overall player. I'll be interested to see where she ends up...feels like it could be anywhere.

- Former Penn State WBB player Mya Bembry (6-1 FR wing, West Orange, NJ) will be transferring to Seton Hall (Big East), returning to her home state, per a source.

DD: I'm adding this one because I've seen her play in high school in both soccer (good player) and basketball (really good player). One of Coquese Washington's last recruits. Very athletic wing who had some classic battles with Diamond Miller of Maryland. Thought she'd do well with Carolyn Keiger and her up-tempo approach. No go.

Maybe she wanted to come home given everything. Seton Hall is just 20 minutes from her home so her parents will see her a lot. Great pick up for the Pirates.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
BYU picks up a significant transfer from Michigan State, 6'3" sophomore Kayla Belles, who averaged 6.9 points and 4.5 rebounds in only 16 minutes per game.

The release by MSU and this article indicate that Belles' faith was a major reason for the transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom