2020 off-season transfers | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Thats a scary thought to live with this current offseason if you are a Tennessee fan :D

I would think Tennessee hits the portal for sure.

Yes and no....if she doesnt improve then it's scary for sure. Her potential is sky high and a lot of times players struggle adjusting to college and settle in much better as sophomores. We saw that to an extent with Massengill this year and we also saw that with Westbrook last year. I'd much rather have Massengill there as a buffer but it is what it is.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The plan by Harper. Was To have Massingill, Horston , and Green share time at point guard. That didn't happen with the injury to Green.

Reaction Score
Big deal but not a big deal, she never really impressed me, maybe it’s because she didn’t shoot a lot. Will probably make it easier for Zay Green to get back into the rotation now.

Reaction Score
Big deal but not a big deal, she never really impressed me, maybe it’s because she didn’t shoot a lot. Will probably make it easier for Zay Green to get back into the rotation now.

It’s been said Zaay Green has taken all Lady Vols pics and unfollowed players in Instagram. Discussion is she’s going into the portal

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
So I'll admit I don't know every program really well, and I'm especially ignorant of some of the solid Big Ten and ACC teams, but which traditionally strong programs do we think are really in the market for transfers? My sense is that Texas, ASU, Miami, Texas A&M, Cal, to some degree Notre Dame, and now Tennessee could also use an infusion, but I'm not seeing where a lot of these top players entering the transfer portal think they're going to be in high demand. Am I forgetting places? Seems like most of the top programs either return their best players and/or have strong recruiting classes coming in. But compared to the past few seasons, it seems like there's been a lot of stability at the top of the ranks in terms of year-over-year turnover.

Reaction Score
So I'll admit I don't know every program really well, and I'm especially ignorant of some of the solid Big Ten and ACC teams, but which traditionally strong programs do we think are really in the market for transfers? My sense is that Texas, ASU, Miami, Texas A&M, Cal, to some degree Notre Dame, and now Tennessee could also use an infusion, but I'm not seeing where a lot of these top players entering the transfer portal think they're going to be in high demand. Am I forgetting places? Seems like most of the top programs either return their best players and/or have strong recruiting classes coming in. But compared to the past few seasons, it seems like there's been a lot of stability at the top of the ranks in terms of year-over-year turnover.
It could be some players are waiting to see when the pandemic lets up so they can go on visits instead of announcing then having to wait around for a while until the spring semester ends and the danger passes.

Reaction Score
Maryland for sure... especially with the transfer of Austin... current roster is thin with only 8 scholarship players (including Reese coming in).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just now catching up to the news that Sydney Goodson is leaving Texas Tech as a grad transfer.

I'd forgotten that she actually started at Arizona State and transferred to Tech after her freshman year.

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans on the ladyvols forum have to be having a break down wow.
The VolNation resident HOF Coach Jumper is lashing out other posters for being "negative" and attacking sources. Some of them believe that they are going to get transfers that are better than the ones that are transferring out or they are setting themselves up to get some of the top 2021 recruits.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Also speculation about Zaay Green. (Ouch) although some on Volnation says it is BS

According to local news

The portal also means that Tennessee will be scouring the entries, especially graduate transfers, to shore up the roster, especially at the guard positions. Sophomore guard Zaay Green deleted photos of her as a Lady Vol on Instagram, prompting speculation Tuesday that she would be departing Tennessee. Green is likely to be in the portal soon.

I imagine this is something any news source would check before printing???

Reaction Score
Also speculation about Zaay Green. (Ouch) although some on Volnation says it is BS

According to local news

The portal also means that Tennessee will be scouring the entries, especially graduate transfers, to shore up the roster, especially at the guard positions. Sophomore guard Zaay Green deleted photos of her as a Lady Vol on Instagram, prompting speculation Tuesday that she would be departing Tennessee. Green is likely to be in the portal soon.

I imagine this is something any news source would check before printing???
Raoul has since listed her on his list of transfers.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The VolNation resident HOF Coach Jumper is lashing out other posters for being "negative" and attacking sources. Some of them believe that they are going to get transfers that are better than the ones that are transferring out or they are setting themselves up to get some of the top 2021 recruits.
Dum spiro, spero. Personally, though, I wouldn't hold my breath. ;D

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever done the breakdown of the percentage of European players who transfer versus American/Canadian players transfer? I know there is plenty of both happening, but I also wonder how many European players are like Anna, who didn't visit before she committed, but then realize they made the wrong choice.

Reaction Score
Has anyone ever done the breakdown of the percentage of European players who transfer versus American/Canadian players transfer? I know there is plenty of both happening, but I also wonder how many European players are like Anna, who didn't visit before she committed, but then realize they made the wrong choice.

You can count them yourself, thanks to Raoul (who has done more than any man alive to make the quarantine regime bearable.) I see five on the first page. If the rest of the list is similar, they are clearly over-represented.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
You can count them yourself, thanks to Raoul (who has done more than any man alive to make the quarantine regime bearable.) I see five on the first page. If the rest of the list is similar, they are clearly over-represented.

I know I could count them, but is there someone who is keeping track of how many European players currently playing D1 wbb? Canadian? Australian? I’m wondering more about what percentage of Europeans vs. Canadians vs. Americans vs. Australians, etc., are transferring instead of what percentage do they make of overall transfers.

Does that make sense?

Reaction Score
1B40546C-DD0E-4628-BD83-60BFDEF295CE.png

Well...it’s official. Seems like it was more she was pushed out than wanting out

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
View attachment 52560

Well...it’s official. Seems like it was more she was pushed out than wanting out
How do you get that out of what she said?? “Due to my actions and decisions...” Y’all speculating on stuff you know nothing about.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Zay Green is a good basketball player, an alpha dog type on the court.. to me, that seems like a big loss but I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those that follow the program more closely.

I can't imagine losing Green and Massengill helps much, but hey who knows.. our locker room turnover last season turned out just fine.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Zay Green is a good basketball player, an alpha dog type on the court.. to me, that seems like a big loss but I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those that follow the program more closely.

I can't imagine losing Green and Massengill helps much, but hey who knows.. our locker room turnover last season turned out just fine.
She actually reminded me more of Sheryl Swoopes coming out of high school than any other Texas player I can recall; not the same jump shooter, but just in how she plays the game, especially defensively.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I'm not an insider but I think those will be pretty significant losses. Green was projected to play solid minutes on the wing and Massengill was by far our best decision maker a year ago. I'd love for an SC-like turnaround, but we don't have the luxury of sliding in players like Zia Cooke/Brea Beale. Our freshman class has the #59 recruit (Salary) and an unranked player (Darby). Based on roster make up, the team is basically going to be the Horston/Davis show next year with hopefully improvement from Burrell and Key. Plus, we're still early in the offseason and who knows if Davis is going to stay and how much Horston liked playing for Kellie this year. I'm not counting any eggs yet before they hatch.

Reaction Score
“I’m very grateful for the memories, but due to my actions and decisions and the coaches, it has been best for me to part my ways from the University of Tennessee and figure out what is best for Zaay Green,” Green said.

Green is scheduled to have a misdemeanor citation booking in May on a charge for simple possession/casual exchange of a controlled substance.

Maybe helps supply little insight...

Lady Vols guards Jazmine Massengill and Zaay Green enter NCAA transfer portal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members