2020 off-season transfers | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

FSU was in her top three just last year but she choose ASU, she is from Finland. FSU hasn't had a true point guard in over two years so this is big.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

FSU was in her top three just last year but she choose ASU, she is from Finland. FSU hasn't had a true point guard in over two years so this is big.

You may not have noticed that @DaBball already posted this above.

Reaction Score
I'd wondered a bit about her - with all the guards Oregon has and has coming in, I didn't really see where she was going to fit.
I agree, she was the 4th player off the bench for the Ducks (9th in minutes & scoring) and a good 3 point shooter. She did get hurt and wore a mask when she played. I do think she'd have a hard time getting PT with Oregon as Taylor, Erin, Jaz are coming back already ahead of her at guard/wing and incoming McDonald's AA guards: Sidney Parish, Maddie Scherr, and Te-Hina PaoPao will be arriving in the fall.

I think she will be a good pick up for someone. She played for several Great Britain national teams (U16,U18,U20) and made a recent U20 FIBA tournament all-star team. Her best game she scored 17 against South Dakota State in 18 minutes when she went 5-7 for threes. I liked her play. Here's an article on the transfer.

Reaction Score
Zay Green is a good basketball player, an alpha dog type on the court.. to me, that seems like a big loss but I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those that follow the program more closely.

I can't imagine losing Green and Massengill helps much, but hey who knows.. our locker room turnover last season turned out just fine.

sometines to improve you have to tear it down, but seems like Tennessee is going to be awhile.

Reaction Score
Of course, Davis , Horston, and key is a more talented three than many teams have.

too bad for their sake that they cannot get the supreme parts to run like a champion machine.... I was impressed with the year Davis had.... I really enjoyed watching her especially on some of her moves to the basket

Plebe

Reaction Score
DePaul has landed Wisconsin grad transfer Courtney Fredrickson, who at 6'2" provides the Blue Demons with some much needed size for next season's roster.

Fredrickson returned to action in January from a devastating knee injury sustained in November 2018.

In her sophomore year, she averaged 8.9 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.

Interestingly, her Twitter graphic above labels her has a "guard," whereas her Wisconsin bio lists her as a "forward." A March 11 news story on her transfer said she was looking to play more wing:

"Fredrickson, who is looking to pursue a master’s degree in sports marketing or administration, said her priorities include location, being part of a winning program and opportunity for playing time at her preferred position on the wing."​

Reaction Score
Wasn’t the Ole Miss coach previously at Jacksonville? I wonder if she recruited her:

edit: Marshall transferred from a JUCO to Jacksonville

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Our main guy says Mississippi State and Lauren Ebo are heating up their mutual interest.

Reaction Score
Our main guy says Mississippi State and Lauren Ebo are heating up their mutual interest.

She has a lot of upside but needs to get into better physical shape. I think this is for depth purposes in the future. I know Vic is recruiting far higher rated talented at the 4/5 in the 2021 class.

Reaction Score
Is she in the portal? I couldn't find anything about her transferring (I googled, didn't go back through the thread). Unless there's more than one..lol

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is she in the portal? I couldn't find anything about her transferring (I googled, didn't go back through the thread). Unless there's more than one..lol
Reported here, which despite being a new account, appears reliable thus far:

Reaction Score
She has a lot of upside but needs to get into better physical shape. I think this is for depth purposes in the future. I know Vic is recruiting far higher rated talented at the 4/5 in the 2021 class.
Coach Schaefer has remarked that he sometimes has difficulty finding players to do the dirty work like setting screens. He said it several times this season that he couldn’t find that player. Maybe this is potentially one of those type players.

Reaction Score
Slocum's two other choices before OSU were Arkansas (Neighbors recruited her at UW) and UCLA. If it were between those two, I'd think UCLA has the greater need with the loss of Dean and she has a good relationship with Onyenwere and Close. It seems a bit strange she didn't jump to the WNBA but anyone who wants to further their education is okay by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom