2020 off-season transfers | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A nice/weird pickup for Saint Joseph's:

She was granted a medical disqualification from Pitt in January of 2019 due to multiple concussions after playing only four games in the 18-19 season.

Averaged 7.7 PPG shooting 39% from three as a sophomore. I would assume she has two years left to play if she can get a waiver for a sixth year, since she played just four games in 18-19 and was not on the team in 19-20.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Since she was 2019 Tennessee Gatorade State POTY, was TN in the picture then? and now?

Reaction Score
Since she was 2019 Tennessee Gatorade State POTY, was TN in the picture then? and now?
Tennessee made her top-4:

She had an offer from probably every SEC school at one point (I’m guessing SC backed off at some point, but they did offer).

She was a very good HS player, but her game doesn’t translate super well to the collegiate level because she’s about 5-9 and makes a living in the paint.

I’d be shocked if she didn’t stay in the south.

Reaction Score

I saw the writing on the wall with her. Wasn't exactly sure how she fit in with Miss St loaded with depth at guard play. With Hayes coming in, it won't be any better. I figured someone would transfer from Miss St this offseason. I was guessing Hemmingway and/or Wiggins. Her game is very dependent on driving to the paint for layups

I am assuming with multiple scholarships now open for MSU they hit the transfer portal?

Reaction Score
I saw the writing on the wall with her. Wasn't exactly sure how she fit in with Miss St loaded with depth at guard play. With Hayes coming in, it won't be any better. I figured someone would transfer from Miss St this offseason. I was guessing Hemmingway and/or Wiggins. Her game is very dependent on driving to the paint for layups

I am assuming with multiple scholarships now open for MSU they hit the transfer portal?
J Hemingway is an outstanding person and very good player. However looking back at the last couple of weeks of the season she and X Wiggins were playing the least.
My understanding is MSU would like to get a transfer post player that is capable of starting. However it would have to be a situation similar to A Howard where she was so head and shoulders above everyone else that it would be a natural fit.

Reaction Score
J Hemingway is an outstanding person and very good player. However looking back at the last couple of weeks of the season she and X Wiggins were playing the least.
My understanding is MSU would like to get a transfer post player that is capable of starting. However it would have to be a situation similar to A Howard where she was so head and shoulders above everyone else that it would be a natural fit.

The only two positions I could see MSU taking a player is if they are a post players (preferably at the 5) or at PG position. I know Miss St wanted Minyon Moore pretty bad but she choose Oregon last year.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I doubt there's any competition at point guard for next year at least. Vic really likes Taylor, and he has Mingo-Young right behind her. It's possible we'll recruit a point guard from high school for the future, though.

And Hemingway is good at moving to different spots within the window of the paint - but I feel like it has to be there for her to make the play. If there's nothing there, she likely passes it out.

Reaction Score
You think Vic would be interested in Maroi Davenport? The player I wish we could get back is Daphane White. I realize she was a problem as an incoming freshman but she was great in HS,if she can get her head straight she will make some team a really good post player.

Reaction Score
You think Vic would be interested in Maroi Davenport? The player I wish we could get back is Daphane White. I realize she was a problem as an incoming freshman but she was great in HS,if she can get her head straight she will make some team a really good post player.
Unless White improves her work ethic and commits to academics she may not play anywhere after her years in JC. Of course people do change and maybe she's grown up a little bit at Gulf Coast. An old friend who is a HS coach in MS coached against her team and said she was incredibly strong yet had a soft touch.

Reaction Score
My brother-in-law, a WBB nut, said she was the best HS post player he ever saw play. Heard she was looking at Jackson State and LSU. I think you may be right about grades but maybe JC helped her with that problem. I doubt Vic would want to take a chance because of team chemistry.

Reaction Score
I think there is a better chance of Geno resigning from UConn and coming to MSU as an assistant coach than D White returning.
M Davenport would be a great situation as she could sit out a year then step in to replace Y Morris in the rotation.

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans on the ladyvols forum have to be having a break down wow. Who else would be the PG?
Does anyone remember her other finalists out of high school? Big blow for the rebuilding job in Knoxville.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They’re a couple:

Cute couple. Bummer she is leaving but all the best to Massengill. She'll be a good pickup for whoever lands her. Good decision maker and PG.

Looks like Horston is the PG next year for better or worse. She can make some great plays and passes but her decision making needs big time improvement.

Reaction Score
Id be interested in seeing Massengill in a better offense. She has the tools and the talent to be really good.

Reaction Score
Looks like Horston is the PG next year for better or worse.

Thats a scary thought to live with this current offseason if you are a Tennessee fan :D

I would think Tennessee hits the portal for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom