2020 off-season transfers | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Isn't Liberty the school founded by Jerry Falwell? If so, that's quite the transition just in terms of religious affiliation. I'm surprised @triaddukefan hasn't chimed in on this one yet :cool:

I'll withhold comment on ex Big South Member Liberty.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Also possible she doesn't want to be required to return to campus and catch COVID-19... that, too, could prompt a change of faith (... at least in one's university).
Amazing that Liberty has told students to come back following spring break in defiance of what the state and city leaders are advising. Are any of you aware of any other D1 schools that are asking their student population to return to campus and resume instruction? I thought that online and remote instruction would in place across US college campuses throughout the end of the spring term to allow students to stay away from residence halls and other large group locations. Most colleges have issued move out notices for their students in dorms.

Liberty officials were quoted as inviting back the students to return to campus to enjoy "the room and board that they have already paid for."

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Amazing that Liberty has told students to come back following spring break in defiance of what the state and city leaders are advising. Are any of you aware of any other D1 schools that are asking their student population to return to campus and resume instruction? I thought that online and remote instruction would in place across US college campuses throughout the end of the spring term to allow students to stay away from residence halls and other large group locations. Most colleges have issued move out notices for their students in dorms.

Liberty officials were quoted as inviting back the students to return to campus to enjoy "the room and board that they have already paid for."
According to an article I found:

"While classes are being taught online, Liberty is opening up campus for students who wish to return to their residence halls, according to a news release. Faculty members also are expected to hold office hours, but they can file requests for accommodations if they feel they are at higher risk for contracting and recovering from COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus."​

I believe they are not alone; a number of other schools around the country, from what I've heard anecdotally, are allowing students to return to (or remain in) residence halls.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing she's a grad-transfer, led Arkansas in APG and was the fifth-leading scorer:

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm guessing she's a grad-transfer, led Arkansas in APG and was the fifth-leading scorer:

That makes two Arkansas transfers now, but Gaulden is a bigger loss than Doumbia. If Neighbors thought he had a one-way transfer road into Fayetteville, he was wrong.

Reaction Score
That makes two Arkansas transfers now, but Gaulden is a bigger loss than Doumbia. If Neighbors thought he had a one-way transfer road into Fayetteville, he was wrong.
Gaulden probably knew she wasn't going to start again, and since she can transfer without sitting out, probably figured why not. If she wants to stay in the SEC, I'm sure Auburn and Ole Miss will be blowing up her phone.

Plebe

Reaction Score
With the help from this feed, I'm mopping up a few I missed.

Including:
  • Taylor Sutton, MTSU's #3 scorer this season (and C-USA Freshman of the Year in 2019).
  • Imani Lucy, Nevada's #2 scorer and #2 rebounder (Nevada's top 2 scorers are in the portal now).
  • Nikola Kovacikova, Georgetown's #3 scorer (one of 5 Georgetown players reported in the portal).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Also possible she doesn't want to be required to return to campus and catch COVID-19... that, too, could prompt a change of faith (... at least in one's university).

Beat me to the punch there. Given the current circumstances, I might turn on my Bose and humm along to R.E.M.'s "...losing my religion" in that case. ;) :rolleyes:

BTW, got a good tip (thanks GoIrish01 from The Bench) on how the Irish and Keyen Green might've picked up some mutual interest: Kelly (Siemon) Deyo, the color commentator on ACC broadcasts, has a steady gig with Liberty sports, so she's aware of Green on a continual basis. Siemon, in a prior life, was also the starting power forward on the Irish 2001 National Championship team. (And yes, if that name looks familiar, she is the daughter of former Viking linebacker Jeff Siemon. But you would rightly point out he's first and foremost, a Stanford alum! :))

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Bell tweeted this two days ago:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if she would still consider Rutgers. Rutgers was one of her finalists.

Reaction Score
Not sure why she lost her starting spot, but I kinda saw this one coming after that.
It happened after she was forced to sit out (with Kaelynn Satterfield who also transferred since, and one other) due to a violation of team rules.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Ohio State's third transfer from 2019...yikes.
Not sure why she lost her starting spot, but I kinda saw this one coming after that.
It happened after she was forced to sit out (with Kaelynn Satterfield who also transferred since, and one other) due to a violation of team rules.

This caught my interest so I started (more than) a few searches.
- You're right. The lineup switches started during that time, roughly around the start of the B1G schedule.
Aixa Wona Aranaz got a few starts but returned to the bench. Interestingly, she's another of the players who transferred, along with Sattefield and now Bell.
- Frosh guard, who was one of the first off the bench, took one of the starting slots and didn't look back. She was soon joined by frosh point guard Madison Greene, who teamed with transfer Braxtin Miller.
- But Bell was getting PT the whole time, probably just not the amout she was expecting.
- Team went on a roll in the B1G tourney, getting to the finals, where they lost to Maryland. Final record: 21-12, a very decent turnaround from the previous year.
- One other possible consideration. The assistant coach who spent a lot of time recruiting Bell was Patrick Klein. He "resigned" suddenly in the early fall and was being investigated for his role in possible irregularities on the hoops team. However, Bell's HS Coach -- in an article at the time of her commitment -- cited her positive relationship to Kevin McGuff. Who knows?
- Hurts to lose a Top Ten talent and depth, such as Satterfield and Aranaz. But that large 2019 frosh class combined with some solid returners and a transfer (Miller). Only so much time. The fine forward/center Dorka Juhasz is still there, as is Jacy Sheldon, Greene, Miller, Aaliyah Patty, Janai Crooms. Incoming PG Kateri Poole, yet another burner, comes in from the Bronx.

Will be interesting to see where Bell, who really stressed the importance of being close to her family, now ends up.

Reaction Score
This caught my interest so I started (more than) a few searches.
- You're right. The lineup switches started during that time, roughly around the start of the B1G schedule.
Aixa Wona Aranaz got a few starts but returned to the bench. Interestingly, she's another of the players who transferred, along with Sattefield and now Bell.
- Frosh guard, who was one of the first off the bench, took one of the starting slots and didn't look back. She was soon joined by frosh point guard Madison Greene, who teamed with transfer Braxtin Miller.
- But Bell was getting PT the whole time, probably just not the amout she was expecting.
- Team went on a roll in the B1G tourney, getting to the finals, where they lost to Maryland. Final record: 21-12, a very decent turnaround from the previous year.
- One other possible consideration. The assistant coach who spent a lot of time recruiting Bell was Patrick Klein. He "resigned" suddenly in the early fall and was being investigated for his role in possible irregularities on the hoops team. However, Bell's HS Coach -- in an article at the time of her commitment -- cited her positive relationship to Kevin McGuff. Who knows?
- Hurts to lose a Top Ten talent and depth, such as Satterfield and Aranaz. But that large 2019 frosh class combined with some solid returners and a transfer (Miller). Only so much time. The fine forward/center Dorka Juhasz is still there, as is Jacy Sheldon, Greene, Miller, Aaliyah Patty, Janai Crooms. Incoming PG Kateri Poole, yet another burner, comes in from the Bronx.

Will be interesting to see where Bell, who really stressed the importance of being close to her family, now ends up.
If she is serious about staying close to home, Pitt is about the same distance from home as Ohio State is and would still be a P5. She would also be able to instantly play a ton of MPG and shoot a ton of shots (plus they actually had a decent frosh class despite being awful). If shooting a ton of shots and getting a ton of minutes and staying close to home is higher on her list than winning a title, that could be an option.

Kae Satterfield landed at Xavier, which is also not too far from Canton, OH. Their coach also may have recruited her while she was at Michigan.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm hearing Rita Pleskevich from Washington has entered the portal. JC transfer who played 1 year at UW. Averaged about 3 ppg with shooting % in low 30s.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm hearing Rita Pleskevich from Washington has entered the portal. JC transfer who played 1 year at UW. Averaged about 3 ppg with shooting % in low 30s.
I was thinking of posting on this after I noticed her name while perusing Raoul’s comprehensive list.

How do you feel about UW losing her? She was a JC transfer and only played one year. She started quite a few games but her overall numbers were very modest.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was thinking of posting on this after I noticed her name while perusing Raoul’s comprehensive list.

How do you feel about UW losing her? She was a JC transfer and only played one year. She started quite a few games but her overall numbers were very modest.

I think she had 2 good games (@ WSU, UCLA), other than that virtually no impact the entire season. She was supposed to be a PG but she really wasn't, so she was just another generic guard. UW has plenty of those. They have plenty of returning guards, plus have a RS Fr. and 2 Fr. in the '20 class. Good luck to her but I don't think losing her is an issue for UW.

Reaction Score

Iggy Allen was rated fairly high coming out of high school. She played a decent amount early in her career, especially as a defensive sub. The year she hurt her knee she was supposed to play a prominent role. She tried to play the following season but had not recovered. I never understood the transfer to a big program like Miami except that it was the school in her hometown. Great person. If she fully recovers she could help most programs. If even mostly recovered she could help a midmajor program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69