2020 off-season transfers | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Do you mean Dara Mabrey from Virginia Tech? If so, I haven't read anything. Some believe that she may head to ND, but we will see.
I was about to say, did she already transfer to Louisiana Tech and then announce she's transferring again? I know the transfer portal is getting busy but that would be ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I was about to say, did she already transfer to Louisiana Tech and then announce she's transferring again? I know the transfer portal is getting busy but that would be ridiculous.
@triaddukefan can relate (on the men's side)

Reaction Score
Do you mean Dara Mabrey from Virginia Tech? If so, I haven't read anything. Some believe that she may head to ND, but we will see.
Oops....right player wrong school..though I did know it had a Tech in it..thanks for your reply.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Raoul also posted their JUCO commit, D'Asia Gregg, has reopened her recruitment.
When did he post that? I tried looking through his timeline and couldn't find the tweet.

Plebe

Reaction Score
@Plebe I reviewed Raoul's Transfers and wondering if there is a reason you haven't added Erica Haynes-Overton to your original post.
She was a midyear transfer, not an "off-season" transfer. When the season ended, I only folded in the names of players whose destination schools were not yet known.

I should've added her at the top of this thread for midyear transfers, which would have put her among:

Aquira DaCosta (Soph., 6'0" wing): Baylor > Loyola Marymount
Erica Haynes-Overton (Jr., 5'6" guard): East Tennessee St > Kansas
Eva Rubin (Jr. 6'5" center): Arizona State > Illinois
Bre'Amber Scott (Jr., 5'9" guard): Mississippi State > Little Rock
Jasmine Whitney (Jr., 5'9" guard): Pitt > George Washington
Eternati Willock (Jr., 6'4" forward): MTSU > Morehead State

Plebe

Reaction Score
This is the second player in two days who is announced to be transferring back home to an NAIA schools in the Sioux City area.

Yesterday, it was Nebraska's Ashtyn Verbeek transferring to Dordt University in Sioux Center, Iowa.

Now it's Illinois State's McKenna Sims (8.9 ppg), who is transferring to Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa.

Reaction Score
Slocum to Maryland or Boise State??? Unlikely, but interesting post from her mother

It won't be back to Maryland, but Boise State needs a replacement for the graduating Jayde Christopher and would seem appealing in that she has a sister who will be a senior near Boise next school year. Other quality programs in need of a talented point guard include UCLA, Iowa, Florida State, and Oregon, among others. I would install UCLA as the early favorite.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga stealing from a fellow Jesuit school? Uh oh!
She's also from South Bend, Indiana. I guess she didn't want to go to the Catholic school close to home (or they didn't want her). Spokane is a nice town.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She's also from South Bend, Indiana. I guess she didn't want to go to the Catholic school close to home (or they didn't want her). Spokane is a nice town.

Hold it, didn't an all conference player want to come back to Indiana to be closer to home? Oh, that was Leigha Brown, transporting out of Nebraska. I'm losing track. :rolleyes:

Upon reading the article on Ms. O'Connor, it appears that she attended St. Joe's High School, which has been coached by a few Muffet alums, so I'm sure that the ND coaching staff was aware of what she could/could not bring to the court.

At 6 ft. tall and playing forward, I think she'd have some trouble finding adequate court time with 6'2" Sam Brunelle and 6'3" Maddy Westbeld also staking out the forward/wing position.

She's got one year of eligibility left. so maybe Gonzaga has some distincts needs to be able to lock and load.

Still, like others brought up, one Jesuit School taking from another. Watch out for Sister Jean of Loyola going all "Death Cab for Cutie" on Bing Crosby's picture or John Stockton.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it anywhere, but heard that Jayla Hemingway is leaving Mississippi State.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Was just about to post this on Holesinska.

Illinois played at UNC in the Big Ten/ACC challenge game, where the Illini got walloped by 25. So if you can't beat 'em, join 'em?

Plebe

Reaction Score
FGCU was perhaps even more senior-laden than Oregon this year. Coach Smesko definitely needs to make some hay in the transfer market.

Reaction Score
FGCU was perhaps even more senior-laden than Oregon this year. Coach Smesko definitely needs to make some hay in the transfer market.

Have you been to Fort Meyers? It is absolutely breathtaking! So many beautiful, less traveled beaches within a short drive, a hidden gem. I am sure the beaches are a draw to some of these transfers.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Another grad transfer is off the table. Nice climate change from Rhode Island to UNF.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I was late in noticing this tweet from an Illinois guy. Interesting to see the list of schools that were showing interest in Holesinska:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom