2020 off-season transfers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This isn't a question for you specifically, but when a player puts their name in the portal is it basically like seeing who would be interested and they can pull their name and return to their school if they want? Is that what happened with Mikiah Herbert-Harrigan?
Basically what I'm getting at is could this just be Carrington seeing who out there would have interest if they end up not having space for her at Stanford and so she has almost a back-up?
Putting your name in the portal can be exploratorary but it is also mandatory for you to visit or even contact other schools. I'm still not sure what the rules are for graduate transfers under the old rules players were free to make contact once they had a diploma in hand.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks - glad to see that parts of my memory are still working and that Geno did go to see her play. Whew :rolleyes: !

Oliva was Class of 2018. She did not play in 2019-20 for sure, but she got into 16 games her frosh year (see attached), so that's how I came up with the three seasons.
You are correct and my memory is slipping since I forgot Owens was class of 2018.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
We will get transfer to replace the forward position.
Thank you for helping Geno with this board!
Your forward is already signed.

Reaction Score
Hope other coaches can see this message before they accept her transfer ....

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Today's youngsters will see nothing wrong with notifying a coach by text rather than in person or actually making a phone call. I'm hoping there are still parents who will correct this.
Not sure why that matters. A lot of coaches spent plenty of time texting recruits during the recruitment process.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Ouch.

That is an unequivocal "wow!"
My first reaction to Oliva Owens entering the transfer portal yesterday was that she had Austin in front of her, along with Mimi Collins coming into the mix.
Now, Collins stands virtually alone in the forward mix there....whew.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Oh brother. Or, perhaps future recruits will think twice about playing for a coach who will end up tweeting about their private interactions for the whole world to see.

Point taken. My kids fire off tweets in the way many people call.

Sure, I'd like to hear "bad" news in person, but who knows how their relationship was and how the communications were built?

What's more important here: the tweet or the (kind of) information revealed therein?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not sure why that matters. A lot of coaches spent plenty of time texting recruits during the recruitment process.

The fact that coaches and recruits text each other is Irrelevant. This is about leaving a coach and a program after spending 2 years there. I believe that deserves a conversation.

Would you resign from a job via text?

Reaction Score
Oh brother. Or, perhaps future recruits will think twice about playing for a coach who will end up tweeting about their private interactions for the whole world to see.
Wish you read the twitter closely. It is Mike Barber's twitter. Where do you see coach Kenny Brooks has posted in twitter about Dara's transfer?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Wish you read the twitter closely. It is Mike Barber's twitter. Where do you see coach Kenny Brooks has posted in twitter about Dara's transfer?
I'm watching a replay of VT and Florida State now and Coach Brooks stated that he would use Dara in a number of roles and that she was embracing it. It's an earlier season game.

Reaction Score

Her phone will be ringing off the hook. Quite a few teams will need a center. Maryland has had a lot of interesting transfers over the years. I predicted earlier in the year she would be in the portal at some point, just a gut feeling. Unfortunate for Maryland, I was excited about their team next year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I distinctly remember that early on in the process Geno A. took a visit upstate to see her and either MM/Carol Owen (ND's post coach) did the same. However, UConn moved on and MM went after Danielle Cosgrove, from Long Island.

If Owens has three years of eligibility left, she could be of value to teams that are in need of a 6'4" post. In fact, Miami still comes to mind. Heck, ND could use someone to spell Mik Vaughn because Ms. Cosgrove has proven to be more stretch forward than center and Nat Marshall might still be recovering from her ACL surgery.

BTW, Mimi Collins and Angel Reese are coming into the Terrapin front court, joining Austin and Masonius. Still, I think the team is at 9 scholarship players now. Could Brenda be looking into the transfer market?
She will be now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc