2020 off-season transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
My guess is that Barnes recruited Yeaney while at the University of Washington. Yeaney played for a private school near Portland.

Lots of very clear reasons why players want to play for Barnes in Tucson.
From what school did she transfer?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is a big one, she’s a volume scorer though:

She was a freshman and the team's 2nd-leading scorer when Butler was there. I haven't watched her since that year tbh.

Reaction Score
Two after the recent retirement of Promise Taylor.

I think UCLA could make sense given they lose Dean, so it may be her best shot at winning some games and getting solid minutes.
Vic has two freshmen coming in and Danberry leaving, so I believe he is down to one unless someone transfers out.

Reaction Score
Vic has two freshmen coming in and Danberry leaving, so I believe he is down to one unless someone transfers out.
I thought Madison Hayes was the only freshman coming in.

Reaction Score
We had 13 on scholarship this season after B Scott left. With J Danberry graduating and P Taylor retiring we have 2 spots open even after the 2 freshmen enter.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Dara Mabrey is in the portal (according to Raoul and others).
Given ND's need for long-distance shooting and someone who could play lead guard, I'd think that the ND assistant coach in charge of recruiting (and lead guards, for that matter), Michaela Mabrey, might be in touch. ;)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
woah.gif

Huge blow for VPI, dang

If I were VPI... I'd block her from ND

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
View attachment 52065

Huge blow for VPI, dang

If I were VPI... I'd block her from ND

With Aisha Sheppard, Elizabeth Kitley and Dara Mabey returning, I thought Va. Tech was in very good shape going into next season.

As for blocking within the conference, pretty sure that practice is no longer in effect, as is(n't) the rule that a player also loses a year of eligibity and/or has to pay for the transfer year. Found this article on a football player that does a pretty good job of explaining it. Here's the key sentence:

"Four months later (after the transfer portal was approved), the ACC also changed its rules for undergraduate transfers within the conference and did away with the restrictive parameters. The schools approved the changes but there was no public announcement of the decision."

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article231478918.html

Still, I kinda get your point. I could keep what's left of my objectivity and try to say Dara would fit in well with DePaul and even Marquette's attack, but who am I kidding, particularly with big sis coaching the lead guards at ND? ;) :D

Interestingly, one reason I was so hoping Mabrey would attend ND was for her resolve (fill in feistiness and other adjectives). I appreciated Marta Sniezek's competitive nature more as the season went on and think Mabrey has a lot of that...along with one heck of a long-range jumper and some excellent wheels.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We had 13 on scholarship this season after B Scott left. With J Danberry graduating and P Taylor retiring we have 2 spots open even after the 2 freshmen enter.
Bibby, AEH, Morris, Carter, Wiggins, Taylor, Jackson, Mingo Young, Matheau, Hemingway, Cooks, Gaston, and Hayes. That is 13 and I stand corrected, thanks Mildog.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
M
Given ND's need for long-distance shooting and someone who could play lead guard, I'd think that the ND assistant coach in charge of recruiting (and lead guards, for that matter), Michaela Mabrey, might be in touch. ;)

Maybe she wants to be closer to home?

CVS should give her a call. We could use three point shooters.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Given ND's need for long-distance shooting and someone who could play lead guard, I'd think that the ND assistant coach in charge of recruiting (and lead guards, for that matter), Michaela Mabrey, might be has been in touch. ;)
FTFY ;)

I mean seriously, is there really any way this isn't already a done deal? It's not really tampering if you're related, right? ;)

Reaction Score
Bibby, AEH, Morris, Carter, Wiggins, Taylor, Jackson, Mingo Young, Matheau, Hemingway, Cooks, Gaston, and Hayes. That is 13 and I stand corrected, thanks Mildog.
No big deal. I had forgotten we were only carrying 14 at the beginning of season and had to look back. My understanding is Coach Schaefer is looking for one grad transfer but can’t get clarity on if it is a post or point guard.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

ACC intra-conference transfer?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Another blow to Ole Miss. Their #3 scorer, freshman Jayla Alexander, has announced her transfer. (Relayed by Raoul.)

Reaction Score
No big deal. I had forgotten we were only carrying 14 at the beginning of season and had to look back. My understanding is Coach Schaefer is looking for one grad transfer but can’t get clarity on if it is a post or point guard.
Hope it is a post, we need help there.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Hope it is a post, we need help there.

Agreed. Only spot I see with any chance to see time here.

Taylor has PG locked up. And we have a few other players that can play point guard.
Matharu is probably SG next year. Lots of other players behind her, including Madison Hayes.
Jackson is SF, with Wiggins right after her
Cooks, Carter, and Bibby can all be used at PF
Morris is the only true center we have - but she has to get much better for her to be a 30 minute per night player.

But then, there's not many really great posts to begin with. Only Baylor and South Carolina had an elite post last year.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Agreed. Only spot I see with any chance to see time here.

Taylor has PG locked up. And we have a few other players that can play point guard.
Matharu is probably SG next year. Lots of other players behind her, including Madison Hayes.
Jackson is SF, with Wiggins right after her
Cooks, Carter, and Bibby can all be used at PF
Morris is the only true center we have - but she has to get much better for her to be a 30 minute per night player.

But then, there's not many really great posts to begin with. Only Baylor and South Carolina had an elite post last year.

I think Oregon had a pretty good post as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom