2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 148 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’ve been away on vacation and just started to catch up on the UConn women. I see Sedona Prince committed to Oregon. Between his returning team, new recruits, plus Prince’s transfer, assuming she gets a waiver, Oregon will be loaded and has to be a hands down favorite to win it all next year. Another biggie off the board and no one spell ONO if she needs a breather or gets in foul trouble. The only good thing is at least McGraw didn’t get her for Notre Dame.
I’d like to know what Geno has up his sleeve. I think he needs to second look at some of those tall European women as potential recruits.

Reaction Score
I’ve been away on vacation and just started to catch up on the UConn women. I see Sedona Prince committed to Oregon. Between his returning team, new recruits, plus Prince’s transfer, assuming she gets a waiver, Oregon will be loaded and has to be a hands down favorite to win it all next year. Another biggie off the board and no one spell ONO if she needs a breather or gets in foul trouble. The only good thing is at least McGraw didn’t get her for Notre Dame.
I’d like to know what Geno has up his sleeve. I think he needs to second look at some of those tall European women as potential recruits.

I understand Prince won't play until 2020. Am I wrong about that?

Reaction Score
If it’s true, she can’t play until the Fall of 2020 at least Sabrina Ionescu will have graduated by then.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Two UConn POI are playing in the U18 Euro championships, the same tourney Nika Muhl is in.

In today's win for Spain:

Paula Fraile: 2 points (1/4 FG), 2 reb

Marta Garcia: 10 points (5/8 FG), 7 reb, 3 steals, 2 assists in 18 min

Reaction Score
In Takeover's second win of the day (40-37 over Cal Storm), McLean had 8 points (3-10 FG, 2-3 FG), 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers, and a block. Takeover struggled to shoot, highlighted by Reese's 1-16 performance.

Reaction Score
Green, the guy who tweeted that, seems certain she's going to go to a smaller school, perhaps in the IVY League where she already has offers.

Tiny knows all when it comes to the NJ Shore recruits since he's been training 90% of the best players in that area since they were like eight years old...................Pissot, Adams and Sabino have multiple top twenty five offers but they really don't play the recruiting game as far as discussing that stuff in the media...................that's Tiny's recruiting rule number one..............Tiny has had a bunch of his kids going Ivy lately, including Harvard, Penn, Princeton and Dartmouth in addition there's an MIT recruit................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The two Spanish POI in the Euro U18's were non-factors in Spain's 1-point loss to France on Sunday.

Fraile: 1 reb in 3 minutes

Garcia: 2 points, 2 rebs in 13+ minutes

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
LBI Insider report on Exodus 17U and three of their UConn POI (Ducharme/Darius/Adams):

Teams that rebound is tough to beat. That being said, Exodus NYC is and will be very difficult to beat. These girls are tough! Also, there are none tougher than Caroline Ducharme. Don’t let Ducharme’s sweet stroke from beyond the arc fool you. She is a workhorse. She attacks the basket off the dribble and crashes the boards with no regard for her own body. Notre Dame commit, Natalija Marshall, must also drink the same juice that Ducharme drinks because the 6’5” Center was just as relentless to the boards as her teammate as she was able to pull down 16 rebounds over the course of the two games played on Saturday. Destiny Adams brings versatility on the offensive and defensive end. Adams also is a great rebounder. Also, while the three aforementioned young ladies control the boards, Dominique Darius runs the show. Her size and speed at the PG position is a game changer and allows the rest of the players to run the floor and enjoy the scoring opportunities they usually wouldn’t have.

Reaction Score
Via UConnCat, the Huskies showing interest in 2020 Australian wing Gemma Potter.

Potter won the 3-pt contest at the Basketball Without Borders event in April.

Here's an article on her:

it appears most of the usual suspects are interested in her but she is only following UConn and UCLA if that means anything.......................here';s an interview which also includes a brief highlight..

Reaction Score
LBI Insider report on Exodus 17U and three of their UConn POI (Ducharme/Darius/Adams):

Teams that rebound is tough to beat. That being said, Exodus NYC is and will be very difficult to beat. These girls are tough! Also, there are none tougher than Caroline Ducharme. Don’t let Ducharme’s sweet stroke from beyond the arc fool you. She is a workhorse. She attacks the basket off the dribble and crashes the boards with no regard for her own body. Notre Dame commit, Natalija Marshall, must also drink the same juice that Ducharme drinks because the 6’5” Center was just as relentless to the boards as her teammate as she was able to pull down 16 rebounds over the course of the two games played on Saturday. Destiny Adams brings versatility on the offensive and defensive end. Adams also is a great rebounder. Also, while the three aforementioned young ladies control the boards, Dominique Darius runs the show. Her size and speed at the PG position is a game changer and allows the rest of the players to run the floor and enjoy the scoring opportunities they usually wouldn’t have. QUO

Teams that rebound is tough to beat. That being said, Exodus NYC is and will be very difficult to beat. These girls are tough! Also, there are none tougher than Caroline Ducharme. Don’t let Ducharme’s sweet stroke from beyond the arc fool you. She is a workhorse. She attacks the basket off the dribble and crashes the boards with no regard for her own body. Notre Dame commit, Natalija Marshall, must also drink the same juice that Ducharme drinks because the 6’5” Center was just as relentless to the boards as her teammate as she was able to pull down 16 rebounds over the course of the two games played on Saturday. Destiny Adams brings versatility on the offensive and defensive end. Adams also is a great rebounder. Also, while the three aforementioned young ladies control the boards, Dominique Darius runs the show. Her size and speed at the PG position is a game changer and allows the rest of the players to run the floor and enjoy the scoring opportunities they usually wouldn’t have.

what a pleasure it would be to see a NJ recruit in a UConn uniform for a change.....................there aren't many 6'3"players that can do what Adams can do on both ends of the court and Darius is just relentless.....................from what I observed, Ducharme was a UConn lock for a quite while, hopefully that's still the case........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
from what I observed, Ducharme was a UConn lock for a quite while, hopefully that's still the case...

I don't know about lock, but I'd put her at #1 in terms of most likely a Husky right now. All the assistants are following her on Twitter and Jasmine on IG.

Reaction Score
I don't know about lock, but I'd put her at #1 in terms of most likely a Husky right now. All the assistants are following her on Twitter and Jasmine on IG.

the reason I say that is that for quite some time going back maybe two years Ducharme posted a whole bunch of UConn tweets/stories.... .............no other schools just UConn....................haven't checked lately so I don't know if that is still the case...............it seems as most prospects get out in the recruiting world you see less of that in their social media unless they are already committed...........

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Probably a stretch to say that.

Reaction Score
Mir McLean had a nice game in Team Takeover's 57-36 win over Cal Swish. 12 points (5-10 FG, 2-2 FT), 9 rebounds, and 2 steals.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jaelyn Bates is indeed playing with the big girls this weekend and apparently making an impression. Also note Raegan Beers who I still believe could be a UConn target at some point.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno and Shea watching Saniya Rivers. Hmm, odd considering she has stated she wants to beat UConn. Maybe our coaches are transferring!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nevermind the above ^^ commentary. Rivers' game was against Exodus with Caroline Ducharme, Destiny Adams, and Dominique Darius. Not likely they are recruiting Rivers.

Reaction Score
Geno and Shea watching Saniya Rivers. Hmm, odd considering she has stated she wants to beat UConn. Maybe our coaches are transferring!

Finally checked out some video of Rivers playing. Oh boy! I know Azzi Fudd is #1 in this class by a mile, but I am a sucker for Saniya's length and pogo-stick athleticism! And Rivers looks far more than just an athlete— seems to have tight handles, good shooting ability, and overall hoops instincts to boot. Perhaps a better and much more advanced at this stage version of UCLA's Michaela Onyenwere (who like Gabby Williams was a big track star in HS in addition to hoops).

If Saniya Rivers ends up at South Carolina (just assuming they're in the mix b/c of location) she might be just as much a force as any of their spectacular 2019 recruits in college.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul