2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 124 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know why Paige left North Tartan?

My guess is North Tartan likes to replace their coaches when they get to their senior groups. Coach Starks built that North Tartan team and she's probably has had the most succes nationally out of all AAU classes out of MN.
Not all of North Tartan players followed Starks to Metro Stars.

Paige's new team has a sophomore and an 8th grader playing. 8th grader is pretty good. Check the link.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I see the UConn 3x3 women’s team of Nelson-Ododa, Walker, and Williams lost in the championship quarterfinals. Their overall record was 3-2 for a 7th place finish. Hope that’s not an omen of things to come next season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, which players, in your opinion, are better fits at the 3,4 positions?

1) Emily Bessior 2) Aaliyah Edwards 3) Natalija Marshall (ND) 4) Cameron Brink (Stanford) 5) Dalayah Daniels 6) Angel Reese. BTW Hannah Gusters can also play the forward position especially if Cardosa is manning the post next to her. Reese is a good very good player in a loaded class just like Hailey Van Lith is a outstanding player in a loaded class for PGs. Another example is Angela Duglic who just signed with Oregon who could easily be in the conversation for best forward in a loaded class.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
W – Brooke Demetre (Mater Dei, Santa Ana) 6-2, Soph.

Although just a sophomore, Demetre was an overwhelming choice as the Orange County Register Player of the Year, and after finishing a close second to Kiki Iriafen of Harvard-Westlake (Studio City) for State Freshman of the Year, Demetre was not denied this season and snagged the State Sophomore of the Year honors by turning the tables and edging out Iriafen. The 6-foot-2 Demetre, who is listed as a guard but can pretty much play any position on the court, was instrumental in helping lead the Monarchs to a Trinity League title, a 2-1 record in the CIF Southern Section Open Division Pool play format that included wins over Etiwanda and a third win against CIF Division I state champion Rosary of Fullerton, and a close loss to Windward of Los Angeles, and then into the CIF Southern Regional Open Division where the Monarchs’ season ended in a loss to Clovis West of Fresno. Along the way, Demetre led a very balanced Mater Dei team in scoring at 14.6 points per game, rebounding at 6.6 rebounds a game, blocks at 1.8 per game, and was second in assists and steals at 3.3 and 2.1 per game, respectively. Not many players listed as a guard had the six double-doubles Demetre had last season for the 28-5 Monarchs.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More of Aaliyah Edwards' talent on display--a turnaround jumper in the post:

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not many 6-2 forwards can dribble-drive, spin, and hit turnaround jumpers while getting fouled either. This jumper turning to her right, the one above to her left.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wanted to bring the 2020 UCONN pool of recruits into sharper focus. Corrections & additions are welcome if UCONN recruiting interest can be document.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Her ceiling is through the roof, there are things that she makes look so easy on a basketball court, that 99% of other players just cannot do.
"Her ceiling is through the roof" sounds like a structural housing problem but, hey, I get you. :)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Awak Kuier’s reverse and dunk, as featured on the WNBA IG. Notice Swin tags UConn in the comments — in case they haven’t been paying attention. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Awak Kuier’s reverse and dunk, as featured on the WNBA IG. Notice Swin tags UConn in the comments — in case they haven’t been paying attention. :rolleyes:

She looks like she put on some muscle. I approve.

Reaction Score

How does this sound as a nickname for Awak Kuier:
AIR WALKER!

Reaction Score
When does the no-contact period end? Geno is in Seattle, so hopefully he can visit Daniels and Hailey Van Lith

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Eh, that's really not even a dunk. Ball is out of her hand and just kinda slips over the rim. Granted reversing it is harder, but this is nothing like Belibi's throwdowns.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
When does the no-contact period end? Geno is in Seattle, so hopefully he can visit Daniels and Hailey Van Lith

It's 5/6 thru 5/12.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Would be pretty shocking if UConn was still recruiting Van Lith considering the additions of Bueckers and Muhl. As much as I like Hailey Van Lith, you don't really need three stud guards in the same class, especially with CW on board two more seasons.

Reaction Score
Would be pretty shocking if UConn was still recruiting Van Lith considering the additions of Bueckers and Muhl. As much as I like Hailey Van Lith, you don't really need three stud guards in the same class, especially with CW on board two more seasons.

I would expect them to focus their effort on front line players but I wouldn't be shocked if Geno told Van Lith that he still wants her and let her decide.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I would expect them to focus their effort on front line players but I wouldn't be shocked if Geno told Van Lith that he still wants her and let her decide.

Two seasons with PB, Hailey Van Lith, CW, and NM together? And that doesn't even take into consideration a potential Westbrook addition. Or the fact that UConn will be at the top of the suitors list for Fudd.

Reaction Score
Two seasons with PB, Hailey Van Lith, CW, and NM together? And that doesn't even take into consideration a potential Westbrook addition. Or the fact that UConn will be at the top of the suitors list for Fudd.
Not enough playing time if Geno was able to recruit all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom