2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 140 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If she’s staying in Canada, she better go to the University of Calgary. Who wouldn’t want to be a Dino?!

View attachment 43796
Speaking of apropos team names, has anyone considered the possibility that Morgan might have chosen to play at Providence College? If she had, she could have been known as Friar Tuck.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
For those interested in the long game, 2024 PG Zamareya Jones is now following Jasmine Lister on IG.

Jones is currently ASGR's #2 player in the '24 class.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State as well as Louisville, apparently. Possibly Notre Dame.
“Interest from North Carolina, Uconn, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Michigan” were the schools mentioned in the first mentioning of Edwards here.

She has taken an unofficial to Louisville I believe.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“Interest from North Carolina, Uconn, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Michigan” were the schools mentioned in the first mentioning of Edwards here.

She has taken an unofficial to Louisville I believe.

That was last fall. Believe things have clarified since then.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Definitely. She is so talented. Wonder if we’ve offered her?

I would be beyond disappointed in UConn if they haven't. And considering she can sign in five months, it's hard to believe they wouldn't have offered her by this point unless they lost interest for some inexplicable reason.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Article on 2022 Lauren Betts:

Betts has had some big-time basketball mentors such as Ulitzky, her dad and Todd Doherty, who was her first club coach. More recently, she has been coached by two former NBA players, Ervin Johnson, a 6-11 center who also played at the University of New Orleans; and Keith Van Horn, a 6-10 forward who was the second pick in the 1997 NBA draft.

Van Horn started working with Betts last fall, and he was quickly impressed.

"You can tell she's been around the game with the way she keeps the ball high and makes the right reads," said Van Horn, who coaches Betts on her Colorado Premier AAU team. "She's pretty instinctive, with great hands and a feel for blocking shots and knowing how to position herself so she can effectively use her height. She picks things up quickly, and that isn't always the case with kids her age.

"The next step is for her to develop confidence with her shooting range. She has a nice touch, and I think she will be a solid outside shooter. She has to develop go-to moves and counters, but she has the talent to play at a big-time level. She is already being recruited by a majority of the top-10 teams in the nation."

Reaction Score
I just read Sedona Prince is transferring from Texas and is scheduled to visit UConn. I don’t know much about her other than she is 6’7”. Supposedly UConn tried to recruit out of high school but I don’t recall her ever making an official visit. Is she built along the lines of Azura Stevens, tall and lean, or does she have some bulk to her?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I just read Sedona Prince is transferring from Texas and is scheduled to visit UConn. I don’t know much about her other than she is 6’7”. Supposedly UConn tried to recruit out of high school but I don’t recall her ever making an official visit. Is she built along the lines of Azura Stevens, tall and lean, or does she have some bulk to her?

Prince is much more filled out than Stevens. Watch below:

The two Prince threads:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The girls US Select team lost 62-55 in Italy on Friday. Talia Von Oelhoffen had 9 points and 3 steals.

Reaction Score
The girls US Select team lost 62-55 in Italy on Friday. Talia Von Oelhoffen had 9 points and 3 steals.

What team is this? Talia is not on the USA U16 team. There’s a lot of USA teams competing, just unsure which one this is?

Reaction Score

Not tall and lean. Thicker and stronger. But not as light footed. Sedona will be a good addition to any teams frontcourt. But you never know as much with the bigger girls how that’s going to turn out, harder to predict. Any thoughts on why she’s really leaving Texas? That’s been hard to figure out too. She stated “medical reasons” but that’s not very clear.

Reaction Score
What team is this? Talia is not on the USA U16 team. There’s a lot of USA teams competing, just unsure which one this is?
I think this is the Adidas USA team, built of girls who play on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit.

Reaction Score
Why would Prince leave Texas for medical reasons? What kinds of medical treatment do other big time programs provide that Texas can’t? Seems that there is more to this than meets the eye. Does anyone know what other schools are on her transfer list besides UConn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why would Prince leave Texas for medical reasons? What kinds of medical treatment do other big time programs provide that Texas can’t? Seems that there is more to this than meets the eye. Does anyone know what other schools are on her transfer list besides UConn.

There are 2 threads on Prince's transfer and her planned visit to Uconn. All available information and speculation about her transfer can be found in those threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom