2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 117 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes there are. Clearly Reese is getting there and putting up great numbers but keep in mind the MVP of the tournament was Aaliyah Edwards and Dalayah Daniels also played well. Both players are ahead of Reese in their development at this point IMO.
Thanks, Coco, for your prompt response. :D

Reaction Score
Yes there are. Clearly Reese is getting there and putting up great numbers but keep in mind the MVP of the tournament was Aaliyah Edwards and Dalayah Daniels also played well. Both players are ahead of Reese in their development at this point IMO.
Reese has been to UConn, not sure about the other 2, I would put Reese down as most likely to head to UConn out of the 3.

Reactions: MTC

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Edwards played in a different division than Reese and all the players I've been stat-quoting.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reese has been to UConn, not sure about the other 2, I would put Reese down as most likely to head to UConn out of the 3.

Much easier for Reese to get there from Maryland. Hopefully, Edwards will make the trek soon.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I didn't consider UCONN visits or likely to come in my evaluation because in the case of Edwards and Daniels we have no idea. I'm admittedly bias but here is how I would rank the players at the Forward position in this class.
1) Emily Bessior 2) Aaliyah Edwards 3) Natalija Marshall (ND) 4) Cameron Brink (Stanford) 5) Dalayah Daniels 6) Angel Reese. BTW Hannah Gusters can also play the forward position especially if Cardosa is manning the post next to her. Reese is a good very good player in a loaded class just like Hailey Van Lith is a outstanding player in a loaded class for PGs. Another example is Angela Duglic who just signed with Oregon who could easily be in the conversation for best forward in a loaded class.

Reaction Score
I didn't consider UCONN visits or likely to come in my evaluation because in the case of Edwards and Daniels we have no idea. I'm admittedly bias but here is how I would rank the players at the Forward position in this class.
1) Emily Bessior 2) Aaliyah Edwards 3) Natalija Marshall (ND) 4) Cameron Brink (Stanford) 5) Dalayah Daniels 6) Angel Reese. BTW Hannah Gusters can also play the forward position especially if Cardosa is manning the post next to her. Reese is a good very good player in a loaded class just like Hailey Van Lith is a outstanding player in a loaded class for PGs. Another example is Angela Duglic who just signed with Oregon who could easily be in the conversation for best forward in a loaded class.
Is UConn definitely recruiting Bessoir? I haven't seen anything directly related to the two expect that she is "UConn good." I think her dream school is Stanford, but it will be interesting. Also interesting, the only coach I could find that she follows back is Oregon State's Katie Faulkner.

Another Forward/Center I wish UConn would take a look at is Finland's Away Kuier. 6'5", extremely long, uber-athletic, can hit the 3, dunks.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is UConn definitely recruiting Bessoir? I haven't seen anything directly related to the two expect that she is "UConn good." I think her dream school is Stanford, but it will be interesting. Also interesting, the only coach I could find that she follows back is Oregon State's Katie Faulkner.
Another Forward/Center I wish UConn would take a look at is Finland's Away Kuier. 6'5", extremely long, uber-athletic, can hit the 3, dunks.
I have no idea if UCONN is recruiting Bessoir but I hope they are. I'm also not sure if Bessoir is US college bound since she could be WNBA eligible at 20 by not attending a US college.
Kuier is an intriguing prospect who could be class of 2019. Her an Nika Muhl are apparently pals from basketball without borders because it was Nika who threw Awak the lob that she dunked to end the camp.

Reaction Score

Would you really rank Marshall over Brink? I think Brink could/will be the 2nd best player in her class when all is said and done, if Tara can get her to Play center and embrace it, she could be a like Cox/Appel both rolled up into one.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sure do. I think the BlueStar roster looks pretty good too. Perhaps Ayanna Patterson may find herself on the UConn radar soon. She’s going to be good.

Well, seems she is. Patterson is ranked 8th in the '22 class by Blue Star and is on ESPN's watch list. This article is from late last year.

Patterson is 6-3 and is already getting recruited by Division I college schools.

“There’s a reason why Notre Dame and UConn are all over her already. There’s a reason why she made the USA top team,” Springer said of Patterson. “She’s really, really good. She’s a talented freshman. And, she doesn’t play like a freshman. She’s a special player.”

Patterson already has offers from South Carolina, Tennessee and, of course, Louisville.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is there a highly ranked player she is close to that she could bring to UConn with her.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if UCONN is recruiting Bessoir but I hope they are. I'm also not sure if Bessoir is US college bound since she could be WNBA eligible at 20 by not attending a US college.
Kuier is an intriguing prospect who could be class of 2019. Her an Nika Muhl are apparently pals from basketball without borders because it was Nika who threw Awak the lob that she dunked to end the camp.
I would think Bessoir could also play professionally in Europe without attending a US college.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Shockingly, Edwards won MVP.

57114933_442454456330456_5799435747282339687_n.jpg

We will see Edwards playing for Team Canada at the U19 world cup this summer.

Kingston, Ontario is a 6-hour drive to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Is there a highly ranked player she is close to that she could bring to UConn with her.
Kobe Bryant?

seriously, there was a lot of talk since last summer about a bunch of the top 2019/2020's going to school together. So far it's not working out like that as top players have scattered to the top teams. But knowing that an unselfish player like Bueckers is a Husky can't hurt. The coach is the strongest magnet for most any school, except maybe Duke, where the school draws despite their coach. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom