2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 107 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I know they’re just high school freshmen/sophomores, but all of the standing around is PAINFUL.

However, I do like Cochran’s strength and presence in the post.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thank God this guy is letting college coaches know about the #1 rated kid in the class. I'm sure they had no idea who she was.

Heh, good point.

Interesting that Watkins, Griggs, and Jada Williams all played at the same event. Here they are introducing themselves:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
STORRS — When Nika Muhl, one of the most talented recruits in the women’s basketball Class of 2020, decided to officially announce her commitment to UConn last week, she said her future head coach Geno Auriemma was not surprised.

“I think he already knew,” Muhl said on informing Auriemma of her commitment. “I wouldn’t say that he was surprised. I think we had it going for a couple of times already. We both knew what my decision would be.”

Dean Nemec, Muhl’s coach for Tresnjevka, said that Muhl is an uber-athletic guard who has a knack for creating chaos on defense and the quickness to exploit defenders in the lane.

“Her ultimate weapon is transition and high intensity of play,” Nemec said via email. “And participation in all segments of the game — score points, assistance, jumps on defense and attacks, stolen balls.”

Muhl has not visited UConn yet, but she expects to by the end of April or early May. Despite not visiting before her commitment, the point guard said she knew this was the best place for her to continue her basketball and academic career.

“No, it wasn’t hard to commit without visiting first,” Muhl said. “Thinking about UConn, I didn’t need a visit to prove to myself that I wanted to go there. I am just so excited to get to campus and see what it’s all about and get to work.”

COLLEGE BEAT: Being first across the pond helped Geno bring Croatia star to Storrs

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Jordyn Griggs ('23) will be there as an open applicant.
Do we need to start a 22-23 recruiting thread and give them a league of their own?
This Griggs sounds like a baller. :D

Reactions: MTC

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Do we need to start a 22-23 recruiting thread and give them a league of their own?
This Griggs sounds like a baller. :D

She does sound like one, and maybe. :cool:

'23 Zoe Brooks, aka Baby Storrs, will also be at the trials.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So Fudd has a knee injury and is getting it looked at by doctors. The injury came after contact on a foul by Hailey Van Lith.

Though looking at the play it's hard to really see contact. If it was an impact injury as she landed you have to worry about the ligaments.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On a side note, I also wonder how that injury played into Paige Bueckers' mindset the rest of the tourney. She wasn't as impactful in the title game as I would've expected.

Reactions: MTC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul