2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 90 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you live on the East Coast, you live in a state that borders the Atlantic Ocean. Otherwise, you live in the East.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Charlie: lower your chin a bit
The McGuff has a European players on his team...frosh center Dorka Juhasz, from Hungary...

Women’s Basketball: Dorka Juhasz tries to live up to her mom’s expectation

...and she made the all-frosh team with some recruits we on the 'yard are very familiar with (Austin and Mikesell of Maryland, Nia Clouden of Mich. State, Hillmon of Michigan).

Big Ten Women's Basketball Honors Announced On BTN

Last I checked, four frosh are coming back and he's got a very good recruiting class coming in. So why not?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
2022 Amira Trueblood, who has visited before, was at the regional finals:

I know you can be whatever you want to be online, but I like the side of her that she's showing on Twitter. She's obviously in the gym and playing basketball, but she's going to leadership conferences, participating in Science Olympiad, is/was a Girl Scout...

Can't you just imagine her getting excited over all of CD's road trip field trips?!

I hope wherever she lands, the program can build upon that well-rounded foundation her parents have helped to build.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know you can be whatever you want to be online, but I like the side of her that she's showing on Twitter. She's obviously in the gym and playing basketball, but she's going to leadership conferences, participating in Science Olympiad, is/was a Girl Scout...

Can't you just imagine her getting excited over all of CD's road trip field trips?!
I hope wherever she lands, the program can build upon that well-rounded foundation her parents have helped to build.
She is also attending high school at a very high caliber Academic School in Shipley. I 'll have to catch some of her games next year to determine what type of BB player she is but from all appearances she is a high quality young lady.
And now we have a new name on the radar, this one a 2022. Amira Trueblood was on campus a couple months ago. Maybe Charlie knows her since she plays for the Philly Belles.

Reaction Score
Charlie: lower your chin a bit
The McGuff has a European players on his team...frosh center Dorka Juhasz, from Hungary...

Women’s Basketball: Dorka Juhasz tries to live up to her mom’s expectation

...and she made the all-frosh team with some recruits we on the 'yard are very familiar with (Austin and Mikesell of Maryland, Nia Clouden of Mich. State, Hillmon of Michigan).

Big Ten Women's Basketball Honors Announced On BTN

Last I checked, four frosh are coming back and he's got a very good recruiting class coming in. So why not?

really, really Dillon?.................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
not sure about where Ms Ducharme is on UConn's radar right now but she's a;ways bee a UConn fan:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
not sure about where Ms Ducharme is on UConn's radar right now but she's a;ways bee a UConn fan:

Caroline is very much on the UCONN radar because she has made herself highly visible to UCONN. Caroline & Shay Bollin sat behind the UCONN bench for the USF game on January 13.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Caroline is very much on the UCONN radar because she has made herself highly visible to UCONN. Caroline & Shay Bollin sat behind the UCONN bench for the USF game on January 13.

I've been a pretty big fan since I enrolled in 2010, but I've only recently started paying attention to the recruiting side of things. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but which recruits have been super visibly interested in UConn, then chose to go somewhere else? I can understand if you don't get an offer, but I'm thinking about people who seem to have chugged the blue Kool-Aid, received an offer, but surprised everyone by signing elsewhere...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've been a pretty big fan since I enrolled in 2010, but I've only recently started paying attention to the recruiting side of things. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but which recruits have been super visibly interested in UConn, then chose to go somewhere else? I can understand if you don't get an offer, but I'm thinking about people who seem to have chugged the blue Kool-Aid, received an offer, but surprised everyone by signing elsewhere...
Let me caveat this by saying only the UCONN staff truly knows. The rest of us are just guessing.

Aliyah Boston is has been the biggest latest surprise. Aliyah live 45 minutes from campus, first visited the UCONN before she began to blow up as a Freshman in HS and continue to visit and attend UCONN games up until 1 week before announcing she was heading to SC.

Another big surprise was Erin Boley who was offered by UCONN as a HS sophomore- one of the youngest offers ever made by UCONN and decide on ND.

Reaction Score

she has gone above and beyond to make her interest in UConn crystal clear, I'm wondering whether she will be receiving an offer from Geno

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Let me caveat this by saying only the UCONN staff truly knows. The rest of us are just guessing.

Aliyah Boston is has been the biggest latest surprise. Aliyah live 45 minutes from campus, first visited the UCONN before she began to blow up as a Freshman in HS and continue to visit and attend UCONN games up until 1 week before announcing she was heading to SC.

Another big surprise was Erin Boley who was offered by UCONN as a HS sophomore- one of the youngest offers ever made by UCONN and decide on ND.

Very interesting. Thanks for that.

I wonder if UConn reached out to Boley when she left ND. She would have been awfully nice to have for next year...

Reaction Score
Very interesting. Thanks for that.

I wonder if UConn reached out to Boley when she left ND. She would have been awfully nice to have for next year...

granted I haven't seen that much of her but Boley doesn't appear to be the kind of athletic all around player UConn usually prefers.......

Reaction Score
granted I haven't seen that much of her but Boley doesn't appear to be the kind of athletic all around player UConn usually prefers..
Agree, plus she gets that nasty "Mabrey sneer" on her face. Don't know if she developed that at ND, but I don't remember her looking like that in younger pics.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
granted I haven't seen that much of her but Boley doesn't appear to be the kind of athletic all around player UConn usually prefers..
KML?
Agree, plus she gets that nasty "Mabrey sneer" on her face. Don't know if she developed that at ND, but I don't remember her looking like that in younger pics.
Boley finished in the top 10 nationally in 3PtFG%. UCONN offense could have definitely used her this year and next. Geno thinks the team could use a little more nasty.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I've not seen a sneer from Boley, but if she developed one at ND it was likely directed at Mabrey.

Would have loved her at UConn but I was not surprised she chose ND. Good for her that she found a place where she's happy.

Reaction Score
KML?

Boley finished in the top 10 nationally in 3PtFG%. UCONN offense could have definitely used her this year and next.

you know this was coming..........................to paraphrase a political quotation " I knew KML and Boley ain't no KML"..............KML averaged more then twice the number of rebounds and assists as Boley even though she's three inches shorter but the most damning stat that I heard about Boley last night was that she shot only 19 foul shots for the entire season although she averaged almost 29 minutes a game.............

Reaction Score
fair enough...;)
It's all in good fun. When you live on the opposite side of the country one might tend to have a very general and broad idea of geography in an area you aren't familiar with. I think some people consider Texas as being in the West, but I am not one of them.
Here in Colorado the east starts with humidity at Salina, Kansas, or Grand Island, Nebraska. Lol. Okay, that's where midwest starts. West of there we call it the interior or mountain west, next to west coast, though Colorado is more like California than it is like Wyoming or Oklahoma or Kansas which is why we wanted to move to Pac-12. I lived for a few years in New York's Finger Lakes after a year at the Iowa Workshop. Very similar. Nice people but lousy climate both places. Sometimes geography is a state of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom