2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 91 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
you know this was coming......to paraphrase a political quotation " I knew KML and Boley ain't no KML"....KML averaged more then twice the number of rebounds and assists as Boley even though she's three inches shorter but the most damning stat that I heard about Boley last night was that she shot only 19 foul shots for the entire season although she averaged almost 29 minutes a game...
Boley did not have the benefit of the tutelage of Geno and staff. KML came to UCONN with a almost complete offensive arsenal. Post up and the defensive side of the ball was where she showed the most growth. KML was not fleet of foot but she learned not to be a defensive liability on the perimeter (team defense) and she was a monster offensive rebounder in her junior and senior seasons. In short Boley at UCONN could have become a more complete player, just as KML did.

Reaction Score
Boley did not have the benefit of the tutelage of Geno and staff. KML came to UCONN with a almost complete offensive arsenal. Post up and the defensive side of the ball was where she showed the most growth. KML was not fleet of foot but she learned not to be a defensive liability on the perimeter (team defense) and she was a monster offensive rebounder in her junior and senior seasons. In short Boley at UCONN could have become a more complete player, just as KML did.

perhaps you're right but the fact that she shot the same number of free throws as Mikayla Coombs and Batouly Camara (combined) after averaging 29 minutes a game tells me she's afraid of getting her hands dirty and that's not really something you're taught..............any good outside shooter would be welcome next year but I'm hopeful Geno brings in someone who's not going to be afraid to be physical too

Reaction Score
As far as Boley, she is a pretty streaky three point shooter. She has gone 8-12, 9-13, and 8-11 in games this season, but also has had her off games (just like everyone else). She plays with a heck of a lot of offensive firepower, so she gets to do a lot of lurking behind 3 and knocking them down.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Canadian Biosteel game took place yesterday. I hope to have the video soon.

Meanwhile, Mark Lewis was there. His report on Aaliyah Edwards is pretty stout.

Aaliyah Edwards – 2020 – Forward – Crestwood Prep – Kingston, Ontario – Easily most impressive prospect…Strong, aggressive and relentless on both ends of the floor…Has added depth and refinement to her skill set…Making herself an option from multiple spots on the floor…Utilizes her size and strength to their max…Sets herself apart with not just what she does but how she does it…College ready with a year to add to and expand her game…Elite

The 2019 Biosteel event was the fifth for Canadian boys basketball but just the first opportunity for some of the top girls to have a chance to show off a bit on the big stage. One difference between McDonalds and Biosteel is the participation of underclassmen while the Americans stick to the current senior class. The weekend in Ontario also included a Friday night "Futures Game" with primarily 2021 and 2022 class members participating. Sunday's All Canadian game included 11 current seniors, 10 juniors and 3 high profile sophomores. While the Futures Game and practices were held at the Athlete Institute in Mono, Ontario, Sunday's action was on the floor in the Goldring Centre on the campus of the University of Toronto and broadcast live on TSN, a Canadian equivalent of ESPN. - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards – 2020 – Forward – Crestwood Prep – Kingston, Ontario – Easily most impressive prospect…Strong, aggressive and relentless on both ends of the floor…Has added depth and refinement to her skill set…Making herself an option from multiple spots on the floor…Utilizes her size and strength to their max…Sets herself apart with not just what she does but how she does it…College ready with a year to add to and expand her game…Elite
I think Geno could develop her into a Napheesa Collier type player.

Reaction Score
I think Geno could develop her into a Napheesa Collier type player.

UConn has proven it's ability to better the skills of Canadian players and also help them seamlessly deal with the logistics of International play..........................come on down Ms Edwards!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I know, that one year drought without a #1 overall recruit was ROUGH :p

Hah!!!.....................I said recently..................missing on Boston, Jones, Horston all in a row..............you have to admit that's a bit unusual for UConn

MTC

Reaction Score
We're on page 91 of this thread. Here's the best post: Paige Bueckers just committed to UConn.
Welcome Paige to the Uconn family. We looked forward to you enjoying basketball here and giving us many entertaining performances. God bless you.

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't get Ms. Bueckers then there is something wrong with the universe.......if it turns out there is something is wrong with the universe I hope she stays in Minnesota and leads the Golden Gophers to the promised land........wherever that might be.......
There are about 25 posts on the Notre Dame blog site that Paige Beuckers has committed to UConn. Many green tears but wonder if the April 1 date has anything to do with post.

Reaction Score
There are about 25 posts on the Notre Dame blog site that Paige Beuckers has committed to UConn. Many green tears but wonder if the April 1 date has anything to do with post.

forgot about that statement..................I guess the universe is still AOK............

Reaction Score
Hah!!!......I said recently...missing on Boston, Jones, Horston all in a row....you have to admit that's a bit unusual for UConn

I appreciate that UConn missed some players but this year's team has:

1. the last two national players of the year;
2. Crystal who was #2 rated; and
3. KLS who split NPOY honors four years ago.

Reaction Score
Since we are on page 91 and Paige just committed to UCONN... is it time to start a fresh recruiting page focusing on 20-21 and who is still tops on our list. With Bueckers do we still need Van Lith as they are both PG? Serious question about which tall players we might be able to get. I see one is from Washington, another from Texas. What about the 6'5" player from Christ the King. We have had good luck with Christ the King players.

Is it time to start a new post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc