2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 93 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

I searched the boards and didn't see this interview, but it popped up after I watched some U17 highlights. Look at little Hailey Van Lith at 1:50. That UConn shirt looked mighty good on her...

Sorry if this is a repost.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
D3MLml8WAAAg3Lq.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Ossining senior, who lost all of her highly anticipated sophomore season to an ACL tear, missed seven weeks of her final season after suffering a misdiagnosed high ankle sprain.

Despite missing a third of the year, Griffin still did enough to prove she is the best player in the section and to repeat as Journal News/lohud Westchester/Putnam girls basketball Player of the Year.

Among her slew of awards earned this year, Griffin was named Miss New York Basketball, a Con Edison Scholar-Athlete of the Week, and is the frontrunner to repeat as Section 1 Miss Basketball. She was also named MVP of the Section 1 and New York State Public High School Athletic Association tournaments.

Girls basketball all-stars: Ossining's Aubrey Griffin made the most of her time; full list

Reactions: MTC

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
From the Lohud article directly above:

Journal News/lohud first team

Sonia Citron, Ursuline: The 6-foot-1 sophomore sensation sent her stock through the roof after averaging 21.5 points, 10.9 rebounds, 4.6 assists, 3.5 blocks and 3.2 steals per game against one of the toughest schedules in the section. Citron also showed she can perform in the clutch, scoring 30 points and sinking the game-winning 3-pointer in the Class AA sectional semifinals.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Bun Power. :)

Saniya giving advice to Aubrey.

When she suits up for UConn next season, Griffin will become the third Ossining player in seven years to play for the Huskies. Griffin said she spoke with Ossining legend and three-time national champion Saniya Chong years ago about what it is like to play at UConn and the top level of Division I basketball.

“She told me it’s hard,” Griffin recalled, “but it’s doable.”

Reaction Score
"You can follow in Maya Moore's footsteps." Yeah, like have a mural of yourself in the Werth Center.
With all the time Geno spent focused on Paige, unlikely he and CD had time to invest the same effort on too many other recruits. Other coaches on maternity leave or new. Wonder who the 1-2 other, hopefully Bigs, are that are receiving the same level of attention.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With all the time Geno spent focused on Paige, unlikely he and CD had time to invest the same effort on too many other recruits. Other coaches on maternity leave or new. Wonder who the 1-2 other, hopefully Bigs, are that are receiving the same level of attention.
Geno visited with these players in this order once home visits were allowed starting on March 1.
Hannah Gusters then Paige then Nika Muhl.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno's 2 key recruits were Paige and Azzi. Others are important, but the "twins" were at the top of the list.

Reaction Score

PB was priority number one for UConn and rightfully so..................I doubt any other recruit has gotten that level of attention although Azzi Fudd most likely will in the future.................

Reaction Score
All recruits are important but obviously some are more important than others. Most top programs, and especially UConn, have no problem putting in the time and exposure they feel is necessary relative to their opinion of the importance of each individual recruit. Time isn't a problem since all schools are operating under the same time and calendar limits. For the top level of kids, as in Bueckers' case, many times it's a matter of WHICH coach is showing up. Other than flight scheduling it's not hard work.

Reaction Score
Geno visited with these players in this order once home visits were allowed starting on March 1.
Hannah Gusters then Paige then Nika Muhl.

interesting that Geno went to Europe to recruit Muhl after he had the PB verbal...............NM doesn't appear consistent enough to be a shooting guard.................I would think the Polish guard might be a better fit

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
interesting that Geno went to Europe to recruit Muhl after he had the PB verbal.....NM doesn't appear consistent enough to be a shooting guard.......I would think the Polish guard might be a better fit
Those were the home visits. Before Geno went to see Gusters he went to see Cardosa at her HS. UCONN needs players for next year and the year after so I don't think is Nika or Anna, UCONN could use both.

Reaction Score
Those were the home visits. Before Geno went to see Gusters he went to see Cardosa at her HS. UCONN needs players for next year and the year after so I don't think is Nika or Anna, UCONN could use both.
From what little video there is of Muhl, what's your take on her? And have you seen any on Cardoso? I've only seen the few "guru" ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom