Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger on Tuesday 1/8:

17 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks

MTC

Reaction Score
I think our chances of getting Hailey Van Lith are going down as we see how Geno is using CW recently. You will not attract great scorers if you make them the last scoring option on almost every offensive set. We need to keep our rebounders near the basket and let the guards create more scoring plays.

Reaction Score
I think our chances of getting Hailey Van Lith are going down as we see how Geno is using CW recently. You will not attract great scorers if you make them the last scoring option on almost every offensive set. We need to keep our rebounders near the basket and let the guards create more scoring plays.

play calling is one area where I have to leave it totally to Geno...............I think it's universally recognized that UConn plays a beautifully efficient brand of basketball....................unless you wanted to play for a team like Depaul or Syracuse I don't think most recruits would be put off

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith may be spending a lot of time in Corvallis (Oregon St.), as her brother just signed a contract there as a pitcher. Only a 10-day contract as of now, but.

MTC

Reaction Score
play calling is one area where I have to leave it totally to Geno.....I think it's universally recognized that UConn plays a beautifully efficient brand of basketball.....unless you wanted to play for a team like Depaul or Syracuse I don't think most recruits would be put off

Geno is going to completely change the scheme next year since KLS and NC will be gone. We already lost out on Haley Jones but we need more offense for next year and Hailey Van Lith can really help. Geno keeps hinting that he wants CW to shoot more but the upperclassmen have been ignoring him lately. Hailey Van Lith won't accept the way we are using CW lately. If the seniors were the most accurate shooters I wouldn't bring this subject up but CW has the best shooting stats. Perhaps putting CW into the high post will give us the best scoring balance. Yes, I still say Geno is the best but CW can really help us more.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's not accurate on a couple of levels. The UCONN offense (read and react) DOES NOT designate a scoring option on any of the offensive sets. Occasionally Geno will do a clear out or run a specific play for a specific player to get a shot from a specific spot on the floor but this is a equal opportunity offense. Even if it weren't an equal opportunity offense you would want your best player taking the majority of the shots.
UCONN best player is not CW and CW is not the last option in the offense as measured by shot attempts- CW is 4th behind MW and only a few shots CDIII.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno is going to completely change the scheme next year since KLS and NC will be gone. We already lost out on Haley Jones but we need more offense for next year and Hailey Van Lith can really help. Geno keeps hinting that he wants CW to shoot more but the upperclassmen have been ignoring him lately. Hailey Van Lith won't accept the way we are using CW lately. If the seniors were the most accurate shooters I wouldn't bring this subject up but CW has the best shooting stats. Perhaps putting CW into the high post will give us the best scoring balance. Yes, I still say Geno is the best but CW can really help us more.
Doubtful that Geno is going to start a new offensive with his 3 year starting SENIOR PG. Hailey Van Lith will be utilized where her skills best fit. If she decides not to come to UCONN because of how CW is being utilized that would be a great mistake.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith may be spending a lot of time in Corvallis (Oregon St.), as her brother just signed a contract there as a pitcher. Only a 10-day contract as of now, but.

I'm certainly not counting on Hailey Van Lith ending up at UConn as a sure thing...............even if her brother hadn't signed there, I think there's a fair chance she will stay in the NW.............hoping the opportunity to start as a freshman for Geno is enough of a lure to make the cross country trip.........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A side note that might be of interest:

Sam Brunelle is going to have foot surgery & might miss the rest of her senior season.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/9

Sasha Goforth scored 24 points Tuesday, 20 of them in the second half.

Sonia Citron scored 21 points and grabbed 9 or 11 rebounds (depending on the source) Wednesday.

Reaction Score
A side note that might be of interest:

Sam Brunelle is going to have foot surgery & might miss the rest of her senior season.
:(Injuries, injuries, injuries. The bug is now starting in HS for ND. Assuming she will also be out for McDonald’s and Jordan Brand games (assuming she makes it).

PS Do McDAAG rosters come out soon? It was mid-Jan last tear IIRC.

Answer: looks like 14 days.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this is the first I’m seeing of her at 6’5”, but she is going to be special.

With players like her, DeBerry, and Marshall all in the 2021 class I wonder if Fudd will remain the top player in her class.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Doubtful that Geno is going to start a new offensive with his 3 year starting SENIOR PG. Hailey Van Lith will be utilized where her skills best fit. If she decides not to come to UCONN because of how CW is being utilized that would be a great mistake.

Who is (or should I say may be) Danger's successor? Will we be starting a freshman PG when Danger moves on?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Will we be starting a freshman PG when Danger moves on?
Maybe, if that Freshmen is Paige. Remember that Crystal didn't start as a Freshmen so among the 2020 PG I think only page has an opportunity to be a Day 1 PG starter. Azzi Fudd in 2021 is the answer to your first question.

Reaction Score
1/9

Sasha Goforth scored 24 points Tuesday, 20 of them in the second half.

Sonia Citron scored 21 points and grabbed 9 or 11 rebounds (depending on the source) Wednesday.
Sasha Goforth and Hailey Van Lith in Corvallis, OR? Now that sounds incredible! Come on Rueck, make it so.

Reaction Score
Sasha Goforth and Hailey Van Lith in Corvallis, OR? Now that sounds incredible! Come on Rueck, make it so.
If you could be guaranteed to get Goforth right now, but the trade-off is UConn gets Hailey Van Lith, would you take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom