2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Van Lith added 6 rebounds but was just 2-12 from three.

oh well, I guess she's no longer UConn good..................my daughter scored 7 points the other day...................she's still available................:rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/29

Taylor Bigby's Centennial won the Vegas Classic Saturday after winning twice. Bigby was co-MVP and had 15 points and 11 rebounds in the title game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not certain if UConn really is in on Brooke Demetre of Mater Dei, but it sounds as though she's a UConn type player. This is what Prospects Nation says about her after the Nike TOC:

Sophomore Brooke Demetre of Mater Dei High School (Calif.) has a unique and versatile game. Where the forward position is quickly becoming outside-centric offensively, the 6-2 Demetre is a throwback to the inside-out player that is hard to match up with. She can spot up in the corners, come off a pin down screen or post up and score. She is a creative coach’s dream with all the ways she can make players.

TOC 2018 Lasting Impressions | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score
Not certain if UConn really is in on Brooke Demetre of Mater Dei, but it sounds as though she's a UConn type player. This is what Prospects Nation says about her after the Nike TOC:

she's been a well regarded player for a couple of years now............I can't remember if UConn has watched her in person. I would certainly hope they have...........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
she's been a well regarded player for a couple of years now..I can't remember if UConn has watched her in person. I would certainly hope they have......

If CD was at the Phoenix TOC last Thursday, as @UConnCat indicated, then she certainly had the opportunity to see Demetre. Matre Dei played in the same division as St. Johns College (Azzi Fudd), so they would have been playing right there in the same gym.

Reaction Score
Did Daniels get a lot of rebounds? Uconn has plenty of shooters but can always use another strong rebounder and shot blocker.
Thoughts of more traditional centers such as Tina Charles and Stephanie Dolson always put smiles on my face. I always wonder what a down low threat would do for shooters like KLS or Williams in future. We all know that having a strong defensive presence like Stewie in the middle makes the court smaller for other defenders.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Sophomore Brooke Demetre of Mater Dei High School (Calif.) has a unique and versatile game. Where the forward position is quickly becoming outside-centric offensively, the 6-2 Demetre is a throwback to the inside-out player that is hard to match up with. She can spot up in the corners, come off a pin down screen or post up and score. She is a creative coach’s dream with all the ways she can make players.

TOC 2018 Lasting Impressions | Prospects Nation
We've been able to get 2 great, great players out of Mater Dei. I know Brooke has an offer to Stanford, but I still want her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Thoughts of more traditional centers such as Tina Charles and Stephanie Dolson always put smiles on my face.

From what I've gathered Daniels isn't a traditional center in that mode, she's more a hybrid and almost a wing even.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
With Lyday, Aujae Yoakum and Imani Harris leading the charge defensively, Benson held 6-foot-4 forward Dalayah Daniels to two points on 1-of-6 shooting. Daniels, a five-star recruit for the class of 2020, did have 10 rebounds and four blocks but was unable to get going offensively.

“We made sure we crowded her and we wanted her to feel our presence physically,” Knox said. “We tried to make sure it wasn’t easy for her. And she, like Tayler, neither one of them really got into a rhythm. I think the complementary pieces we had, at the end of the day, were better than their complementary pieces.”

Benson was not able to slow down Brink the way they did Daniels. Brink had 33 points on 10-14 shooting and 13-14 from the FT line, leading Southridge to a narrow win in the championship game of the tournament.

I don't see a box score for Daniels' stats, but Garfield got thumped by La Jolla Country Day from California in their finale from this tournament.

Reaction Score
La Jolla Country day also took Southridge into OT. They are led by another really good 2020 PG TeHina Pao Pao. At 5-10, she is also her teams tallest player according to MaxPreps.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Daniels didn’t not play vs. La Jolla Country Day.

Wow. Injured? I did a little looking on google earlier this morning and found info about this tournament fairly lacking. Quite a few teams were there, 2 brackets. Not only was Garfield down there, but so was Kentridge (JaQuaya Miller and Jordyn Jenkins).

La Jolla Country Day is Kelsey Plum's school isn't it?

Reaction Score
Wow. Injured? I did a little looking on google earlier this morning and found info about this tournament fairly lacking. Quite a few teams were there, 2 brackets. Not only was Garfield down there, but so was Kentridge (JaQuaya Miller and Jordyn Jenkins).

La Jolla Country Day is Kelsey Plum's school isn't it?
Most, if not all, of the games were streamed live via twitter. I skimmed through a little of the Garfield - La Jolla Country Day (Yes, Plum’s alma mater) game and Daniels was never in, nor did I see her on the bench at all.

Kentridge (JaQuaya Miller and Jordyn Jenkins), West Linn (Aaronette Vonleh), La Jolla Country Day (Te-Hina PaoPao), Southridge (Cameron Brink), and Garfield (Dalayah Daniels) were all in attendance so a lot of the bigger PNW prospects with the exception of Van Lith were playing there.

Praised by Kelsey Plum, 14-year-old recruit Te-Hina Paopao ready to star at La Jolla Country Day

Plum had a lot of praise for Paopao, who has seemed to have fallen off the radar a little.

Reaction Score
That's why I was asking. Not even Fudd shoots 100%. :)

she has a beautiful, repeatable shooting motion and that's what counts.............Geno and company clearly were impressed with her game otherwise they wouldn't have offered and offered early to boot.........

Reaction Score
That's why I was asking. Not even Fudd shoots 100%. :)
Quite honestly it’s hard to believe she misses a shot when you watch her highlights. Everything about it is perfect. It’s just something of beauty.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
she has a beautiful, repeatable shooting motion and that's what counts...Geno and company clearly were impressed with her game otherwise they wouldn't have offered and offered early to boot....
Oh, I really want Hailey Van Lith. I know the level of competition for Cashmere isn't all that great, but she plays well for Team USA and has both skills and attitude. Geno could make her great. She's a gym rat, like Paige.

Reaction Score
Oh, I really want Hailey Van Lith. I know the level of competition for Cashmere isn't all that great, but she plays well for Team USA and has both skills and attitude. Geno could make her great. She's a gym rat, like Paige.

Not that it means anything but Hailey Van Lith's USABB shooting stats is not very good.

Reaction Score
Not that it means anything but Hailey Van Lith's USABB shooting stats is not very good.

if I remember correctly CW didn't shoot particularly well statistically at many USABB events either...........it's a different environment and shouldn't be counted against them.........

Reaction Score
Not that I know of. MaxPreps might have them if someone has a subscription. I kinda doubt it though.
Why do you care? Get her to Storrs and be done with this conversation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom