2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FYI - UConn was listed as a finalist by Andrews...I'm going to hope there's UConn interest but I have no way of knowing for sure

Outstanding. Very strong with the ball and sees everything. She's one play ahead of everybody on the floor. Almost a clone of Dangerfield but stronger in traffic. Just got a feeling she's not coming out of Texas. She'd be a day 1 starter at UTexas and at pretty much every school.

Reactions: MTC

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Gusters is now her high school teammate.

I neglected to mention that.................that certainly is another nice thing about Ms Andrews..........that would be some twofer...........of course it's a moot point if there's no UConn offer.............

Reaction Score
Outstanding. Very strong with the ball and sees everything. She's one play ahead of everybody on the floor. Almost a clone of Dangerfield but stronger in traffic. Just got a feeling she's not coming out of Texas. She'd be a day 1 starter at UTexas and at pretty much every school.

you could very well be right.............of course then again UConn could strike lightening with a Texas point guard for the second time............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
OK....you are nothing if not consistent....I do however find it interesting that UConn has scouted point guard Leilani Kapinus (who is now out with an ACL) and I believe they have been following Sarah Andrews too well after offering the two big targets.....
Ah... you are confused again or pretending to be. A world of difference between evaluating and making offers. UCONN will certainly evaluate Andrews because she can ball. I don't do the social media stalking thing so I not sure what's the significance of UCONN "following" Andrews. I hope UCONN evaluates Kapinus not sure she ends up being a PG at the college level more wing or SG. UCONN also evaluated Caitlin Clark and Tehina PaoPao via USA basketball trials. There was a recent post here linking UCONN to Kateri Poole.
So UCONN will end up evaluating as many as 6 players who can play the PG position in the the 2020 class alone. 6 Evaluations resulted in 2 offers SO FAR-THAT WE KNOW ABOUT. Respect the work and the evaluations. One of the key evaluations is versatility meaning UCONN might not necessarily be locked in to PG. I'm sure UCONN is comfortable with the offers they have out there t and you might as well learn to be as well.

Reaction Score
Ah... you are confused again or pretending to be. A world of difference between evaluating and making offers. UCONN will certainly evaluate Andrews because she can ball. I don't do the social media stalking thing so I not sure what's the significance of UCONN "following" Andrews. I hope UCONN evaluates Kapinus not sure she ends up being a PG at the college level more wing or SG. UCONN also evaluated Caitlin Clark and Tehina PaoPao via USA basketball trials. There was a recent post here linking UCONN to Kateri Poole.
So UCONN will end up evaluating as many as 6 players who can play the PG position in the the 2020 class alone. 6 Evaluations resulted in 2 offers SO FAR-THAT WE KNOW ABOUT. Respect the work and the evaluations. One of the key evaluations is versatility meaning UCONN might not necessarily be locked in to PG. I'm sure UCONN is comfortable with the offers they have out there t and you might as well learn to be as well.

you are always so conspiratorial..................I never said that UConn had made offers to any other point guards..................I stated that UConn had been watching Kapinus (after offers were made to PB and Hailey Van Lith) and in the case of Sarah Andrews it was she who listed UConn as one of her schools...............I don't know if that means she simply has an interest in UConn, whether there is mutual interest or if she actually has an offer..................I will repeat that in my opinion a third point guard offer is entirely appropriate................if the two offers fall through you're talking about using three current (as of next season) UConn guards in the back court two of whom have a past history of knee injuries............we know that the chance of a second knee jury is much greater for those who have experienced one already..........I wonder if you are taking that into account or is that not a suitable consideration as far as you're concerned................as far as feeling comfortable, I obviously am not nor will I be until I see 3-4 2020 recruits signed sealed and delivered

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
you are always so conspiratorial...I never said that UConn had made offers to any other point guards...I stated that UConn had been watching Kapinus (after offers were made to PB and Hailey Van Lith) and in the case of Sarah Andrews it was she who listed UConn as one of her schools.....I don't know if that means she simply has an interest in UConn, whether there is mutual interest or if she actually has an offer...I will repeat that in my opinion a third point guard offer is entirely appropriate......if the two offers fall through you're talking about using three current (as of next season) UConn guards in the back court two of whom have a past history of knee injuries..we know that the chance of a second knee jury is much greater for those who have experienced one already.....I wonder if you are taking that into account or is that not a suitable consideration as far as you're concerned......as far as feeling comfortable, I obviously am not nor will I be until I see 3-4 2020 recruits signed sealed and delivered
As far as I'm concerned, I'm extremely comfortable with what UCONN is doing.
BTW only one player ( Caroline Doty) has had a recurrence (same injury, same knee) of a HS injury while playing at UCONN so try not to be such an alarmist.

Reaction Score

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned, I'm extremely comfortable with what UCONN is doing.
BTW only one player ( Caroline Doty) has had a recurrence (same injury, same knee) of a HS injury while playing at UCONN so try not to be such an alarmist.
UCONN has done a pretty good job recently (knock on wood) of ACL prevention. Even for those with previous injuries.

Reaction Score
[

from what I've seen if UConn had to "settle" for Sarah Andrews they would be just fine.....she's the ESPN # 6 player in the country.....and if you've seen her on tape you would be very happy....

I do think that Bueckers is hands down the best of the 3, but the difference between Hailey Van Lith and Andrews is razor thin. Hailey Van Lith is a better defender, shooter, and a pitbull on the floor that sacrifices her body for every loose ball. Andrews is a better athlete, distributor, and has better court awareness. Hailey Van Lith makes me think of Jen Rizzoti, Andrews makes me think of Dangerfield. I would be more than happy with any one of them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UCONN has done a pretty good job recently (knock on wood) of ACL prevention. Even for those with previous injuries.

thank God for that.............whether it's something they've done or just pure luck you never know.................UConn has three players with serious past knee injuries, the chance of a second injury should be one of many considerations in planning roster size..............look at Texas, they lost a prized incoming center (Sedona Price) but luckily had two senior back ups along with Charli Collier to cover that position............if ONO has a knee injury next season exactly who's taking her spot?

Reaction Score
I do think that Bueckers is hands down the best of the 3, but the difference between Hailey Van Lith and Andrews is razor thin. Hailey Van Lith is a better defender, shooter, and a pitbull on the floor that sacrifices her body for every loose ball. Andrews is a better athlete, distributor, and has better court awareness. Hailey Van Lith makes me think of Jen Rizzoti, Andrews makes me think of Dangerfield. I would be more than happy with any one of them.

well apparently it doesn't matter because Andrews won't be getting that offer....................that's just not the way it's done.............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
thank God for that...whether it's something they've done or just pure luck you never know.......UConn has three players with serious past knee injuries, the chance of a second injury should be one of many considerations in planning roster size....look at Texas, they lost a prized incoming center (Sedona Price) but luckily had two senior back ups along with Charli Collier to cover that position..if ONO has a knee injury next season exactly who's taking her spot?
It is definitely not luck. UCONN has been "actively" incorporating ACL prevention in it training for close to two decades now. Here is Geno and Shea being quote at a summit from 2008.
UConn Advance - November 10, 2008 - Injury prevention advice offered to female athletes during health program

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very good comparisons. Not to muddy the waters but I would add a fourth and rank them this way.
Paige, Caitlin, Hailey, Sarah. What elevates Caitlin above the other two is her ability to shoot the ball from mid range and deep- she a Sue Bird quality shooter and game manager.

Reaction Score
Very good comparisons. Not to muddy the waters but I would add a fourth and rank them this way.
Paige, Caitlin, Hailey, Sarah. What elevates Caitlin above the other two is her ability to shoot the ball from mid range and deep- she a Sue Bird quality shooter and game manager.

kind of a moot point about Ms Clark isn't it?

Reaction Score
this is tough for her.......the timing from a recruiting standpoint is pretty bad......I viewed her as a secondary pg recruiting target for next year, I assume her inability to play is going to be an issue
We have typically done well with top talent with recovering knee issues (ie. Gabby).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom