2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 34 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The international name on JL's following list is Isnelle Natabou who I can't find anything on and played on the Czech teams but didn't do much. Maybe she met her while scouting Muhl? Dunno.

The other name is a big one. Blue Star's 2023 #1 player Judea Watkins from California.

I've been looking into Watkins for a while and she has some KML in her game.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why it'd be a problem to mention who she publicly follows on Instagram. If it is the mods will delete I'm sure.

Lots of current and former UConn players, basketball scouts like Chris Hansen and Prentice Beverly, and quite a few players connected to her past haunts at Washington and Vanderbilt.

Okay, the fun stuff starting with familiar names including some thought to no longer be UConn targets (and maybe they aren't.)

Paige Bueckers, Azzi Fudd, Amari DeBerry, Saylor Poffenbarger, Aubrey Griffin, Dalayah Daniels, Sarah Andrews, Natalija Marshall, Maddie Burke, and Kylee Watson.

Two new names, one I'm familiar with and one international too which I'll mention in the next post.

Lister follows Katrine Jessen Katrine JESSEN at the FIBA U16 Women's European Championship Division B 2017 - FIBA.basketball

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Turns out Lister follows another elite 2023 besides Judea Watkins.

Jada Williams is Blue Star's #2 in that class. Those two are considered the elite of the elite right now though Jaelyn Bates will be up there in short order.

Video of Jada Williams:

Reaction Score
Don't know Muhl, but she was 0-27 from three in the two international tournaments she played in.

her shooting stats are far from sterling but I appreciate her aggression.................not sure those drives are going to work at the college level as Ms Coombs has discovered.............actually plays a bit like Caitlin Clark without the outside shot..................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't know where my head is, but I lumped Jaelyn Bates, Judea Watkins, and Jada Williams into the same class. They're obviously not since Bates is a '22 and the others are '23's.

Reaction Score
Don't know where my head is, but I lumped Jaelyn Bates, Judea Watkins, and Jada Williams into the same class. They're obviously not since Bates is a '22 and the others are '23's.

you're forgiven..................

Reaction Score
If Nika commits to UCONN what are our chances with Paige B?? Personally I would take Paige B over anyone .. she has the Diana factor. Not sure how that would work with multiple PG’s on a roster. Maybe Geno doesn’t think he has a good shot at Paige. South Florida always has the edge on signing international players so she might end up landing in Florida.

Reaction Score
If Nika commits to UCONN what are our chances with Paige B?? Personally I would take Paige B over anyone .. she has the Diana factor. Not sure how that would work with multiple PG’s on a roster. Maybe Geno doesn’t think he has a good shot at Paige. South Florida always has the edge on signing international players so she might end up landing in Florida.

makes no difference at all........................PB is a once a decade player..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Paige has actually not played PG at USA basketball during the last two summers. The solution is to have Page at SG and Nika at the PG. The two can be interchangeable especially in the UCONN offense.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Pre-U18 tourney report from last summer:

Nika Muhl - Croatia

This is a pivotal tournament in the evolution of Muhl - a Croatian guard who is already on the radar of Colleges and Clubs because of her incredible displays, productivity and individual honors in her homeland. Wearing a national team vest and playing at this level takes a different kind of mentality and while she will be the main architect of her team's challenge because of her extraordinary creative ability, the big question will be whether she can balance her approach and not force the issue too much, so she retains composure and quality in her game. She is a such a big talent though and so much fun to watch.

Top 12 players to watch at #FIBAU18Europe in Udine

From Blue Star in 2017:

(2001) Nika Muhl – Croatia

A superb point guard who has got it all and an incredible amount of potential, Muhl has enjoyed a typically influential start to the season. She treads the hardwood with Tresnjevka 2009 in the top Croatia League and helped her team win 67-61 at Sibenik with 13 rebounds, 5 points, assists and 3 steals.

European Youth stars going to work as club season resumes - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
Sometimes people get hung up on a player's lack of flash and mistake that for a lack of talent. I remember another international player who was dissed on a couple of boards for a lack of shooting ability, slow feet and questions as to her suitability for UConn and if she even belonged in D1. The general feeling was that she would spend 4 years warming the bench in Storrs. When her mental maturity which was demonstrated by her being a starter for her NT at 16 was brought up those same posters felt that her NT was weak and starting for them was no evidence of ability. I think Nurse proved them all immensely wrong as she started in her 3rd game. I'll always choose a fighter's mentality over flash.

Reaction Score
any reason to think she would want to transfer at this point in her career?
Mitchell is probably a long shot, but Z did prove playing one year at Uconn even in a bench role can translate to a top 10 WNBA draft pick. If she wants to win at minimum a conference, showcase her skills nationally, and play for the best coach in women’s college basketball, why not transfer to Uconn.

Reaction Score
Sometimes people get hung up on a player's lack of flash and mistake that for a lack of talent. I remember another international player who was dissed on a couple of boards for a lack of shooting ability, slow feet and questions as to her suitability for UConn and if she even belonged in D1. The general feeling was that she would spend 4 years warming the bench in Storrs. When her mental maturity which was demonstrated by her being a starter for her NT at 16 was brought up those same posters felt that her NT was weak and starting for them was no evidence of ability. I think Nurse proved them all immensely wrong as she started in her 3rd game. I'll always choose a fighter's mentality over flash.

I'm not sure who you're answer is in response to but if it was in reference to Nika Muhl she seems to have plenty of flash and some quick hands to boot................my question is about what kind of outside shot she has and whether she can drive equally well to her left..........

Reaction Score
Interesting, but the picture that she posted had 2020 on it. I’m still going to guess 2020.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nika Muhl could very much be called the Sabrina Ionescu of the Balkans. Her production at club level whether with the seniors in Croatian Top division (28.1mpg-9.5ppg-7.2rpg-5.5apg-4.2spg-3topg) or Adriatic League- WABA (32.2mpg-11.7ppg-5.8rpg-4.5apg-2.5spg-5topg), or at U17 level are simply amazing for this not even yet 17 year old player. As an example, very recently during Croatia’s U17 F4 where she received the MVP accolades on top of the title, she posted in the two successive games a quadruple-double and a triple-double. Towards the middle of the season, in Croatian senior league, where her side fights for the top spots, she recorded back-to-back triple-doubles as well, starting with a 13pts-17reb-10ass-6st-37eff performance followed by 21pts-14reb-10ass-8st-36eff the week after. Her last outing in WABA shows she’s not slowing down as her 17pts-9reb-6ass-28eff testify. As you can see she is building herself a reputation of one of the best and most versatile all-round player from her generation.

Europe's 2001-2002 generation watch-list season round-up - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
I sure hope she's a 2019....................UConn needs bodies right away and hopefully another point guard will materialize in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom